Which Franchise is Most Delusional Right Now

brownie man

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Woah. Hadn't heard that before. Is that a this forum thing or just a general feeling from fans?

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It’s definitely not a forum thing. Couple of isolated examples from a few fans, that’s all. But yeah, woah. That’s a hot take

It was on this forum, lol. There was a poll asking “which QBs would you take over Jordan Love” and there were a few with some wild, wild opinions on that.

Probably the Chargers because even though they have a franchise quarterback, they’re perennial underachievers and one of the worst run and managed organizations in the league. Somehow they think they’re rivals with KC, but a hammer and a nail don’t have a rivalry. Listening to Doug Gottlieb run his mouth about them being contenders every year amuses me.

On 5/29/2023 at 4:33 PM, Danger said:

I feel like the only one here that believes in the Jets. I could easily see them winning a playoff game, maybe even making the conference championship. Though the SB is probably out of reach.

Betting on Aaron Rodgers playing well to spite an entire state full of people, yeah, I'm on board too. Do they probably get Mahomes'd? Sure, but that happens to everybody.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Probably the Chargers because even though they have a franchise quarterback, they’re perennial underachievers and one of the worst run and managed organizations in the league. Somehow they think they’re rivals with KC, but a hammer and a nail don’t have a rivalry. Listening to Doug Gottlieb run his mouth about them being contenders every year amuses me.

Pretty sure 95% of being a die hard Chargers fan is explaining this on repeat to non-Chargers fans hyping you up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

I'll do the QB one. 

Yall division mad trash though. Idk if I'm doing team record. Yall play the NFC South, North, and AFC South. Thats as easy as you can get right now. Idk about that. Yall might get 9 wins just based off those teams being trash lol

So how am I being delusional thinking this team wins the division with 10-11 wins?

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, I don’t watch much Atlanta. Probably can’t say that im not expecting much from them if I don’t watch them often, but…that’s kind of how I feel. I will make time to watch some of their games. Obviously I know their run game is one of the best in the league 

They have a lot of different versatile weapons that Smith will play all over the formation. Jonnu Smith, Kyle Pitts at TE

London, Hollins are big targets at WR

speed with Scotty Miller

RBs that can align at WR with Robinson and Patterson

and bruisers at RB with Allgeier, Robinson, Patterson 

maybe won’t be the most creative in play design, but in personnel usage, it easily could be. 

12 hours ago, Dash said:

Really the falcons just need to put all the resources into the defense in the next couple of years and see if Ridder can be a Goff type game manager. Let Robinson be their Gurley and run him into the ground before its time to pay him. 

Defense yes, but could see Ridder eventually be a Dak or Russ level QB 

38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Pretty sure 95% of being a die hard Chargers fan is explaining this on repeat to non-Chargers fans hyping you up.

I stand by my statement. Blame media fans like Doug G and a few others here.

21 hours ago, Soko said:

It was on this forum, lol. There was a poll asking “which QBs would you take over Jordan Love” and there were a few with some wild, wild opinions on that.

It's not a forum-wide thing, is how I read that question.

Isolated hot takes.

On 5/31/2023 at 12:46 AM, Slappy Mc said:

Genuine question - What Packer fans are being delusional about where they are at right now?

Right now? As in right this second? To be frank I made it a conscious point to avoid all things Packers after the draft because of how some fans were rudely invading our forum. That really left a bad taste in a lot of our mouths.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I count zero people explicitly saying they'd take Love over Lawrence, and one taking the idea seriously and being called a massive homer, even by other Packers fans.

I did see one or two maybes, but the consensus there was that that's an insane take, because it is.

There’s more than one, but besides the point, those weren’t the only outlandish tales.

Was it implied that they were the majority?

21 minutes ago, Soko said:

There’s more than one, but besides the point, those weren’t the only outlandish tales.

Was it implied that they were the majority?

No, but I literally found zero posts explicitly stating that anyone would take Love over Lawrence.  There were like two that said maybe, which is crazy enough, but two crazy homers doesn't make a fanbase delusional.

Hell, there are that many posters on the Titans subforum that think the Titans won't be lacking at receiver.