Which Franchise is Most Delusional Right Now

brownie man

38 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

KC does run the ball effectively. They really were only an ineffective rushing team 1 season of Mahomes’ reign if you ignore bulk numbers and look for efficiency. 

Yup. 4.5 YPC last year on designed runs. They have always been around that too. One of the better rushing attacks in the league.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

The issue with Pitts last year was that Mariota threw him 33 uncatchable balls on 58 targets. That's not on Pitts or on Arthur Smith. He had 1000 yards as a rookie with a competent QB throwing him the ball. He's no bust. People who haven't actually watched what's been going on here are the ones making that noise. Fantasy football people who only look at box scores.

Bijan is still 100x more talented than Rachaad White.

I get it, but let's not act like that is some ungodly number among TE targets. if you look across the league at that stat, a good majority of the TE's average in that 20-40 range of uncatchable balls. And yes, I do put some of that onus on Smith and the Falcons because they're the ones who signed Mariota and continued to tot him out there week after week even after he was fading quick. He hasn't been put in a position to succeed given his skill-set. Even in the rookie year, he put up the yards, but only 1 TD. In 2022, he only has 5 redzone targets - like a 1/3 of the other big play TE's. That is parly on the staff. 

I never said Bijan wasn't the more talented back, I pretty much said that was evident on 'paper'. Doesn't always equal production though, espcially before a guy even takes a true snap at this level. I fully expect Bijan to be a stud for you all, but you never know with injuries, etc. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I get it, but let's not act like that is some ungodly number among TE targets. if you look across the league at that stat, a good majority of the TE's average in that 20-40 range of uncatchable balls. And yes, I do put some of that onus on Smith and the Falcons because they're the ones who signed Mariota and continued to tot him out there week after week even after he was fading quick. He hasn't been put in a position to succeed given his skill-set. Even in the rookie year, he put up the yards, but only 1 TD. In 2022, he only has 5 redzone targets - like a 1/3 of the other big play TE's. That is parly on the staff. 

I never said Bijan wasn't the more talented back, I pretty much said that was evident on 'paper'. Doesn't always equal production though, espcially before a guy even takes a true snap at this level. I fully expect Bijan to be a stud for you all, but you never know with injuries, etc. 

That's not true at all. The average TE gets around 10-15 uncatchable balls on around 80-90 targets. He had 33 on 58 targets. Well over 50%. That's on Mariota. Smith had Pitts getting wide open. And red zone targets are a function of guys getting doubled and others popping open. It's not on Pitts that he is getting doubled and someone else is open so they get the TD. Just like it wasn't on Julio Jones for the same thing. 

I agree that they should have benched Mariota before the Bears game. It was time. 

And Bijan is more talented. He was more talented in college. Barring injury, he should destroy any #s White puts up too.

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

People are already throwing the 'bust' tag on him.

Whoa… who!? Who is calling Kyle Pitts a bust? Outside of the fantasy football community (which isn’t exactly a very accurate assessment - it’s more sour grapes than anything) I haven’t heard anyone say that.

The snap judgments and reactionary nature of people just… woof, it’s mind boggling.

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

That's not true at all. The average TE gets around 10-15 uncatchable balls on around 80-90 targets. He had 33 on 58 targets. Well over 50%. That's on Mariota. Smith had Pitts getting wide open. And red zone targets are a function of guys getting doubled and others popping open. It's not on Pitts that he is getting doubled and someone else is open so they get the TD. Just like it wasn't on Julio Jones for the same thing. 

I agree that they should have benched Mariota before the Bears game. It was time. 

And Bijan is more talented. He was more talented in college. Barring injury, he should destroy any #s White puts up too.

It is true. Just look at the bigger name TE's and their 2022 uncatchable balls. It's not just a (1) year anamoly either. The top-middle portion usually sit in that 20-30 range. Yah, majority have more targets,  but honestly the number is what it is regardless of how it's sliced. 

Kelce (33)

Kittle (23)

Hockensen (36) 

Andrews (32)

Engram (20)

Schultz (26)

Higbee (27)

Freirmuth (30)

Again, even if the majority of throws are on Mariota, there still has to be a level of blame on the FO and the coaching staff. It's not like it wasn't well documented/known throughtout the league that mariota is a low completion percentage guy and has struggled with multiple reads since he came out. Yet, they chose him to start. 

Pitts should be getting way more redzone looks regardless of how he's being played in coverage. He's an absoulte nightmare match-up and you have a mobile QB. I mean, kelce is getting the same treatment, but doesn't seem to deter Mahomes and Reid. Same with most of these guys on the list above. 

On Robinson, again never said he wasn't the more talented prospect at any level. I'm not going to crown him with anything though before he steps foot onto the field and starts producing. Too many unknown variables to make that mistake. Like you said ' should' is the operative word.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Whoa… who!? Who is calling Kyle Pitts a bust? Outside of the fantasy football community (which isn’t exactly a very accurate assessment - it’s more sour grapes than anything) I haven’t heard anyone say that.

The snap judgments and reactionary nature of people just… woof, it’s mind boggling.

It more the causal fans folk that you see basically with any fanbase (the tik tok/IG/twitter, sports radio, etc.), but it's definitely happening.

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It is true. Just look at the bigger name TE's and their 2022 uncatchable balls. It's not just a (1) year anamoly either. The top-middle portion usually sit in that 20-30 range. Yah, majority have more targets,  but honestly the number is what it is regardless of how it's sliced. 

Kelce (33)

Kittle (23)

Hockensen (36) 

Andrews (32)

Engram (20)

Schultz (26)

Higbee (27)

Freirmuth (30)

Again, even if the majority of throws are on Mariota, there still has to be a level of blame on the FO and the coaching staff. It's not like it wasn't well documented/known throughtout the league that mariota is a low completion percentage guy and has struggled with multiple reads since he came out. Yet, they chose him to start. 

Pitts should be getting way more redzone looks regardless of how he's being played in coverage. He's an absoulte nightmare match-up and you have a mobile QB. I mean, kelce is getting the same treatment, but doesn't seem to deter Mahomes and Reid. Same with most of these guys on the list above. 

Now do the %s on those:

Kelce 33/152 = 22%

Kittle 22/86 = 26%

Hockenson 36/129 = 28%

Andrews 32/113 = 28%

Engram 20/98 = 21%

Schultz 26/89 = 29%

Higbee 27/108 = 25%

Friermuth 30/98 =31%

Pitts 33/59 = 56%

Pitts got almost double the rate of poorly thrown balls his way. That's 100% on Mariota. Not Arthur Smith. And red zone targets come from the QB as well. Mariota not trying to target him because he couldn't actually throw it accurately to him was a part of that issue too.

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The box score scouts here. Fantasy football people. No one who matters.

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It more the causal fans folk that you see basically with any fanbase (the tik tok/IG/twitter, sports radio, etc.), but it's definitely happening.

The casual fans who don't actually watch the Falcons play and only scout the box scores.

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Now do the %s on those:

Kelce 33/152 = 22%

Kittle 22/86 = 26%

Hockenson 36/129 = 28%

Andrews 32/113 = 28%

Engram 20/98 = 21%

Schultz 26/89 = 29%

Higbee 27/108 = 25%

Friermuth 30/98 =31%

Pitts 33/59 = 56%

Pitts got almost double the rate of poorly thrown balls his way. That's 100% on Mariota. Not Arthur Smith.

It'll be 100% on Arthur Smith when the same thing happens next year since the Falcons did nothing to improve at QB and lit a 1st round pick on fire drafted a RB top 10.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think it’s important we consider the sources - nobody reputable is going with this unless they’re trolling for clicks. 

Since Pitts has been in the league, only three TEs have eclipsed 1,000 yards - Pitts, Travis Kelce and Mark Andrews. Not only is he not a bust… he’s actually in very rare company compared to the rest of the field at TE.

Casual fans are bashing him because he had an ADP of a 3rd round pick in a 12 person league (and he massively underperformed in that respect) but I’m pretty certain you can ask actual coaches and GMs, and they would probably give up a lot to get a guy with Pitts skillset.

Fantasy football has really skewed the view of casual fans - I’m pretty certain those same casuals would pick Taysom Hill over Pitts, because Taysom was technically a “top 10 TE” to them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It'll be 100% on Arthur Smith when the same thing happens next year since the Falcons did nothing to improve at QB and lit a 1st round pick on fire drafted a RB top 10.

*Whispers*

He is a former Luke Fickell quarterback…

Just now, MWil23 said:

*Whispers*

He is a former Luke Fickell quarterback…

Ha I know, but at some point the answer to the question "which franchise is most delusional" is the one that spent a top 5 pick and top 10 pick on luxury skill position players and plans to "enable" them by trotting out has beens, busts, and depth guys at the one position they actually need.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ha I know, but at some point the answer to the question "which franchise is most delusional" is the one that spent a top 5 pick and top 10 pick on luxury skill position players and plans to "enable" them by trotting out has beens, busts, and depth guys at the one position they actually need.

“I’m not going to knock that decision.”

Says Browns fan who drafted Trent Richardson to bare cupboard roster.