Which Franchise is Most Delusional Right Now

brownie man

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

31 fan bases… 

It is kind of crazy to think about-

No matter how well your team is run. No matter how great your QB and coach is. No matter how many lucky breaks you get. No matter how healthy your team is.

Odds say your team isn’t going to win it all.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It is kind of crazy to think about-

No matter how well your team is run. No matter how great your QB and coach is. No matter how many lucky breaks you get. No matter how healthy your team is.

Odds say your team isn’t going to win it all.

But I don’t think every team necessarily needs to think they’re gonna win it all

As long as you’re heading in the right direction 

Like the Texans right now. They got their franchise QB and spent maybe a little two much on Will Anderson but you can understand the move from a cultural aspect. 

The Falcons Raiders and Titans though?

idk wtf they’re doing. Atlanta has probably the best roster of those 3 but to just fully go in on Desmond Ridder idk man I think they missed an opportunity. Sheesh I mean even the Cardinals drafted Clayton Tune. Like Atlanta could’ve easily done something like that to hedge their bets on Ridder. 

Raiders gotta be tanking 

15 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’d rank them 

1. Falcons 

2. Raiders

I just looked at the raiders roster

they’re gonna have a top 5 pick 

they ain’t got nothing coming to them in that division. 

Believing Jimmy G is the guy is a delusional move. They gotta be planning on being bad. Got to

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean their process isn't sound.

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

But I don’t think every team necessarily needs to think they’re gonna win it all

As long as you’re heading in the right direction 

Like the Texans right now. They got their franchise QB and spent maybe a little two much on Will Anderson but you can understand the move from a cultural aspect. 

The Falcons Raiders and Titans though?

idk wtf they’re doing. Atlanta has probably the best roster of those 3 but to just fully go in on Desmond Ridder idk man I think they missed an opportunity. Sheesh I mean even the Cardinals drafted Clayton Tune. Like Atlanta could’ve easily done something like that to hedge their bets on Ridder. 

Raiders gotta be tanking 

Missed what opportunity? 

We've already been over this. Who made sense for them to go after without absolutely being a bad contract or trading their entire draft to move up? There's not a single QB that made sense for them to go after. And Will Levis isn't a real answer there either. Dude is way overrated. 

There wasn't a QB that made sense for them to go hard after. They also didn't want to. The plan since they drafted Ridder was for him to sit for a year behind Mariota and then take over this year. That's been the plan since they took him in the draft. 

They also believe in his intangibles. His leadership. The massive chip on his shoulder that he carries from being overlooked in HS, college and then even in the draft. Dude outworks everyone I've ever seen. I haven't seen a dude work this hard in Atlanta outside of Matt Ryan. He's always in the gym, throwing with his receivers or watching film. I get that none of that matters to you, but it's a big reason why the higher ups here have been buying into him. 

That and the fact that while he's not elite in any aspect outside of the leadership/intangibles, he's a plus guy athletically, with his arm strength, with his accuracy. He's above average in every aspect you look for tangibly from a QB. He makes good reads. Has anticipation in his passes. Again, I get that it makes no sense to you, but it makes a ton of sense to me. 

I'd honestly have Washington with Sam Howell as much, much more delusional. 

Edited by scar988

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Scar, no one believes in the Falcons except Falcons fans. Wear the badge with pride and come back and say I told you so if you are right. But no one is convinced right now.

You know I’m going to. But it’ll be about mid season and the Falcons will be 6-3 and y’all will be like, “naw, still not convinced”. Then at the end of the year when they’re 11-6 or 10-7, it’ll be the same story. Ridder probably has to put up 4500 yards and 30 TDs for people like Brownie Man to be convinced it was the right call. Even though he’s just in his 2nd year and a big reason why they like him is off field stuff right now that he hasn’t read into at all. 

Yeah, I don't think the Falcons are anything special.  Now if I had to pick one of the teams in the NFC South to win the division, I'd probably pick the Falcons, because I know Art can make a running offense work, and Bijan will probably be good enough to be a feature.  But it's not because I have much faith in Desmond Ridder, and it's mostly because the Panthers are rebuilding and the Bucs haven't even gotten to the rebuild stage yet, and someone has to win the division.

The Falcons do have some great weapons on offense, but I don't know how deep they are.  I'm not super familiar with them, admittedly, but what receiver behind London is anything to worry about?  The dropoff after Mack Hollins looks even steeper.  One injury and they have nothing at WR.

Now maybe Jonnu Smith looks like old Jonnu with Art, but otherwise, I don't see anything that makes them look dangerous.

I'm excited to watch the Falcons this year. From a spectator's perspective: I love high-end TE play, the league is starved for generational running backs, and London (compounded with Pitts) transforms their pass game from conventional into basketball on grass.

So the Falcons' actual outlook: regarding their offense's expected efficiency, Smith has proven that he can design and run effective and sustained run games; regarding their offense's ceiling, Arthur Smith is a good offensive mind and he hasn't yet proven that he can't develop a young QB and Ridder hasn't yet definitively proven that he has a low ceiling (even if that is the projection). If everything breaks well (which is a losing proposition) and most importantly Smith and Ridder reach whatever ceilings they have, the Falcons will be a lot better than the majority are expecting.

Lastly, hypothetically, if Ridder fails and/or Smith is canned, Atlanta is not in a terrible spot to start their next regime. They have a nucleus of great, young players (i.e., the aforementioned few plus AJ Terrell, Tyler Allgeier, etc) that can be part of the next regime's foundation.

I understand the cynicism regarding their defense, the skepticism in Ridder, and the wait-and-see approach on Smith in general as a HC. I certainly wouldn't bet on Atlanta reaching their ceiling since the argument for their ceiling is built upon unknown ceilings rather than flashes of potential. Nonetheless, I like their situation better than the Saints and Bucs who have harsh and undeniable ceilings for the next couple years.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, scar988 said:

You know I’m going to. But it’ll be about mid season and the Falcons will be 6-3 and y’all will be like, “naw, still not convinced”. Then at the end of the year when they’re 11-6 or 10-7, it’ll be the same story. Ridder probably has to put up 4500 yards and 30 TDs for people like Brownie Man to be convinced it was the right call. Even though he’s just in his 2nd year and a big reason why they like him is off field stuff right now that he hasn’t read into at all. 

This is the same issue people take with some of the Jordan Love hype around the forum though. This is, ultimately, meaningless. It makes for good offseason reading if you're a fan, but this stuff has been said about so many QBs that turned out to be crap. As a Chiefs fan, I remember the articles about Matt Cassel's leadership, intelligence, and work ethic showing up in interviews and camps and practice. It all wound up meaning nothing because he wasn't all that good at football. I would guess that just about every franchise has examples of this over the years as well. For a more recent example, here's everyone praising Zach Wilson's leadership and love of football two years ago:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-york-jets-rookie-quarterback-making-impression-on-new-teammates-with-leadership

https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/zach-wilsons-jets-leadership-skills-already-shining-through/

It's good offseason fluff for the fans, but it really doesn't mean anything about their likelihood to succeed, and you can't expect anyone else to take that kind of thing seriously. They have to say things like this. You'll find them about any young QB.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This is the same issue people take with some of the Jordan Love hype around the forum though. This is, ultimately, meaningless. It makes for good offseason reading if you're a fan, but this stuff has been said about so many QBs that turned out to be crap. As a Chiefs fan, I remember the articles about Matt Cassel's leadership, intelligence, and work ethic showing up in interviews and camps and practice. It all wound up meaning nothing because he wasn't all that good at football. I would guess that just about every franchise has examples of this over the years as well. For a more recent example, here's everyone praising Zach Wilson's leadership and love of football two years ago:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-york-jets-rookie-quarterback-making-impression-on-new-teammates-with-leadership

https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/zach-wilsons-jets-leadership-skills-already-shining-through/

It's good offseason fluff for the fans, but it really doesn't mean anything about their likelihood to succeed, and you can't expect anyone else to take that kind of thing seriously. They have to say things like this. You'll find them about any young QB.

You couldn't say enough good about Malik Willis off the field.

One year later, the Titans spend pick 33 on another QB.

• Like 1

Week seven vs TB ( W ) - predicting a sweep here as well as while they still have Evans and Godwin, Mayfield/Trask is not it and they have no run game at all. Run defense was shoddy at times for the team last year. 

Maybe im delusional but ppl are sleeping on the Bucs
seeing stuff like the quote above, is just like damn ppl really are just writing us off

imo Tampa has the 2nd best defense in the division and our skill position players are better than everyone else in the division depth wise, maybe the Falcons can challenge that but based off last year, it seems like they dont know how to even get the ball to their skill guys. And I have full faith now that without garbage *** Byron Leftwich, the Bucs offense will be better.

I'm not saying the Bucs will win the division or anything but IMHO everyone in that division is in it

PS 

Mayfield if he plays like he did for the Rams last year is better than Ridder

PS PS I also think Derek Carr is an overrated signing. If he couldnt even keep his job when he got his best buddy Davante Adams in the mix last year then idk how much more he really has to offer.

NFC South as a whole is a dumpsterfire

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Maybe im delusional but ppl are sleeping on the Bucs
seeing stuff like the quote above, is just like damn ppl really are just writing us off

imo Tampa has the 2nd best defense in the division and our skill position players are better than everyone else in the division depth wise, maybe the Falcons can challenge that but based off last year, it seems like they dont know how to even get the ball to their skill guys. And I have full faith now that without garbage *** Byron Leftwich, the Bucs offense will be better.

I'm not saying the Bucs will win the division or anything but IMHO everyone in that division is in it

PS 

Mayfield if he plays like he did for the Rams last year is better than Ridder

PS PS I also think Derek Carr is an overrated signing. If he couldnt even keep his job when he got his best buddy Davante Adams in the mix last year then idk how much more he really has to offer.

NFC South as a whole is a dumpsterfire

Based off last year when Marcus Mariota had the worst off-target rate of any QB in the NFL? come on now.

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Based off last year when Marcus Mariota had the worst off-target rate of any QB in the NFL? come on now.

not disagreeing there, but Mayfield and Ridder is a pretty close comparison, and I'd give the edge to Mayfield based off experience alone

but even then, I'd still take Evans, Godwin, Rachaad White, Otton over London, Pitts, Bijan, Cordarelle Patterson

probably not in dynasty lol but IRL i would

24 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

not disagreeing there, but Mayfield and Ridder is a pretty close comparison, and I'd give the edge to Mayfield based off experience alone

but even then, I'd still take Evans, Godwin, Rachaad White, Otton over London, Pitts, Bijan, Cordarelle Patterson

probably not in dynasty lol but IRL i would

That's heavily investing in Evans and Godwin. Otton and White don't compare to Pitts or Bijan. Evans is better than London, sure. But Otton and White are nothing special at all.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Carson Wentz was doing all the right things last offseason.

9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

That's heavily investing in Evans and Godwin. Otton and White don't compare to Pitts or Bijan. Evans is better than London, sure. But Otton and White are nothing special at all.

Otton and Rachaad I think will surprise some this year

But even then, yeah give me the Perennial 1K WRs over "potential talent"