Which Franchise is Most Delusional Right Now

brownie man

45 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Fields has played on a **** team and has still show flashes of high level talent. 

Idk what your GM wanted but at the end of the day your owner wanted Deshaun and yall met with him. Played yo cards and then played yourself on Matt Ryan. Even though he was done anyway. 

Believe Ridder is the guy if you want. That's why I'm calling yall delusional lol. Just like last year when I said yall would go receiver first round and you didn't believe me smh. I know you aint forgot that. 

Idk what yall gonna do at QB you're not bad enough to get Caleb most likely. So idk man it's gonna be interesting. 

I will bet you that Ridder has a better season than DeShaun and the Falcons win more games than the Browns. Simple sig bet. 

And no, dude. You kept saying Garrett Wilson in the first round. And I kept telling you that he didn’t fit what they wanted at WR. It didn’t get done because the GM set contract limits and trade compensation way less than what was going to get the deal done. 

probably stick and develop Ridder. Who plays a lot like a first/second year Matt Ryan if Ryan had more mobility. Then again, you are also someone who doesn’t think Matt Ryan was any good. 

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

Bears! Some fans are thinking we’ve done enough to be a playoff team already. Some say because we only lost a couple games last year by a score that we are going to be a 9-10 W team. I’m one of those some though, I think momentum and leadership could put us in that ballpark but will we actually get there. 

Packers! AR12 was the best thing to happen to the packers recently and they’re about to learn that a lesser qb is going to hurt. Also their wr corps is mid all around, they keep trying to make Watson happen. 

Eagles. No exclamation point. Might be because I’ve watched Hurts play a pretty miserable game against the worst bears defense in a while and don’t actually believe he’s elite. Think losing the sb was as high as they’re likely to get. 

Lions. They’re legitimately cursed. 

Vikings. I don’t think anyones talking about them anymore. Last year was a bogus year but if they were ever going to do it with Kirk it had to be then. 

On 5/29/2023 at 12:05 AM, Malfatron said:

ambevilance (sp?)

You amase me 

Must admit, when I read the thread about Atlanta having a top 5 (?) offense, in large part because of Ridder I thought both that it was ludicrous and that I was missing something. However, I haven’t seen any Falc fans claiming they’re going to win the Super Bowl or even do well in the playoffs. 

I don’t think it’s NYJ because I personally believe the jets are going to do quite well finally. 

I feel like it’s probably any team with a mid range QB who think they’re going all the way. But can’t pin point any one particular franchise 

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Must admit, when I read the thread about Atlanta having a top 5 (?) offense, in large part because of Ridder I thought both that it was ludicrous and that I was missing something. However, I haven’t seen any Falc fans claiming they’re going to win the Super Bowl or even do well in the playoffs. 

I don’t think it’s NYJ because I personally believe the jets are going to do quite well finally. 

I feel like it’s probably any team with a mid range QB who think they’re going all the way. But can’t pin point any one particular franchise 

Yeah, I’m not claiming the Falcons win the Super Bowl. I’m saying top 10 (scoring) offense. Top 20 (scoring) defense and win the NFC South at 10-11 wins. Which looking at the Falcons schedule and being 15th last year in scoring offense is reasonable. 

18 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Browns and Jets by far. Jets would be less delusional if they played in a weaker division.

How are the Browns delusional? If you think Watson continues to play like he did in his first 6 games back to the NFL, sure. We're screwed. But the rest of our roster is pretty freaking loaded, aside from the uncertainty at QB as far as who Deshaun will be. Which nobody knows, so I won't argue with anyone that thinks he's going to suck. I think he gets back to being a fringe top 10 QB, which would definitely be enough to get this team beyond 10 wins.

My gut tells me you don't know how loaded the roster is for the Browns right now. Could coaching and the QB hold them back? Sure. But pretty much every person I've spoken to has said as much.

15 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

How are the Browns delusional? If you think Watson continues to play like he did in his first 6 games back to the NFL, sure. We're screwed. But the rest of our roster is pretty freaking loaded, aside from the uncertainty at QB as far as who Deshaun will be. Which nobody knows, so I won't argue with anyone that thinks he's going to suck. I think he gets back to being a fringe top 10 QB, which would definitely be enough to get this team beyond 10 wins.

My gut tells me you don't know how loaded the roster is for the Browns right now. Could coaching and the QB hold them back? Sure. But pretty much every person I've spoken to has said as much.

People just hate Watson (understandably so), so they like to downplay his past success. If he returns to form - which certainly is a big if - then there's no reason why we shouldn't be competing for the playoffs. Especially since we got rid of Joe Woods and replaced him with a proven competent DC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I highly doubt they have a top 10 offense frankly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Yeah, I’m not claiming the Falcons win the Super Bowl. I’m saying top 10 (scoring) offense. Top 20 (scoring) defense and win the NFC South at 10-11 wins. Which looking at the Falcons schedule and being 15th last year in scoring offense is reasonable. 

Well, that makes a pretty good case for the Falcons being it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Well, that makes a pretty good case for the Falcons being it.

Have you looked at their schedule and how weak it is? Especially the defenses they’ll be playing? 
4 games vs AFCS > 3-1

4 games vs NFCN > 2-2

6 games vs NO, CAR, TB > 4-2

@ AZ, @ NYJ, vs WAS > 1-2 or 2-1

Falcons will be an above average team against an easy schedule. 10-6 or better isn’t out of the question.

it’s almost like I’m using context for my predictions or something and actually study and watch this team play games. 

keep in mind, last year, I was predicting this team would go 2-15 at this point in the year. 

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Have you looked at their schedule and how weak it is? Especially the defenses they’ll be playing? 
4 games vs AFCS > 3-1

4 games vs NFCN > 2-2

6 games vs NO, CAR, TB > 4-2

@ AZ, @ NYJ, vs WAS > 1-2 or 2-1

Falcons will be an above average team against an easy schedule. 10-6 or better isn’t out of the question.

it’s almost like I’m using context for my predictions or something and actually study and watch this team play games. 

keep in mind, last year, I was predicting this team would go 2-15 at this point in the year. 

Not seeing anything there that changes my mind.

And the bold is true of every fanbase, and almost everyone thinks their team will be good.  And while you may be very knowledgeable about the Falcons, that doesn't mean you're more knowledgeable about their chances in any of the other games than fans of the teams they're playing.  10-7 isn't out of the question, but I do think it's unlikely.  3-1 against the AFCS is generous IMO.  Jags aren't losing to the Falcons, and I'm not sure all three others are.  4-2 in the NFCS?  Maybe.  2-2 against the NFCN?  Also maybe, but I think all four of those teams could easily be much better than they were last year.  1-2 more likely against those others.

Even if you're getting to 10 wins because of an easy schedule, a top 10 offense definitely seems delusional to me.

Falcons 

Week one vs Car (W) - Predicting sweep just because Young is a rookie with basically no real consistent weapons to rely on in the pass game. Sanders is good but how much of it was because of the Eagles o-line and Hurts as a running threat? Atlanta will run the ball all day and that's the Panthers vulnerable spot.

Week two vs GB (Tossup)- Face another team where the rush defense is just not good at all. Yet to be seen how good Love will be but Watson/Doubs has potential to be a really good pairing and yet to be seen how the Falcons defense is this year. Jones/Dillon backfield helps too 

Week three vs Det ( Tossup) - similar teams and just depends on if the defenses improve for both teams. Should be a shootout which can always be a tossup. 

Week four vs Jax ( L )- better QB who might push it up a level this upcoming year. Another team the falcons can just run the ball down on though. 

Week five vs Hou ( W ) - Yet another team where the falcons can just run the ball down their opponents throats. Rookie stroud may not necessarily hit the ground running. 

Week six vs Was ( Tossup ) - Should be the the first team the Falcons may not be able to run all over. Think the commanders had  good run defense metrics last year. Then it comes down to Howell vs Ridder with Was having a more proven pass game weapon in Mclaurin. 

Week seven vs TB ( W ) - predicting a sweep here as well as while they still have Evans and Godwin, Mayfield/Trask is not it and they have no run game at all. Run defense was shoddy at times for the team last year. 

Week eight vs Ten ( W )- Titans had a elite run defense last year. Pass defense is still shaky and would be the game for Ridder to show out. How much longer does Henry last and will they have any semblance of a consistent passing game? 

Week nine vs Min (Tossup)- Should be another shootout. Vikings have Jefferson that gives them the edge in the pass game. 

Week ten vs Ari ( W ) - Win

Week eleven - BYE

Week twelve vs No ( W ) - Think they split the series with the Saints as they have experience and offensive talent in the division

Week thirteen vs NYJ (L) - Jets pass defense is no joke and they had a solid run defense last year. Yet to be seen how the Jets offense is but should be solid at the least. 

Week fourteen vs TB ( W ) - Series sweep

Week fifteen vs Car ( W ) - Series sweep

Week sixteen vs Ind ( L ) - Colts had an elite run defense last year, has plenty of veterans and had a high upside draft. 

Week seventeen vs Chi ( Tossup) - Another shootout. 

Week eighteen vs No ( L ) - series split.

So 8 outright wins 

4 outright losses 

and 5 tossups on paper. 

Seeing they can win at least a couple of the tossups 10 wins is definitely doable.

13 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Packers! AR12 was the best thing to happen to the packers recently and they’re about to learn that a lesser qb is going to hurt. Also their wr corps is mid all around, they keep trying to make Watson happen. 

What does “they keep trying to make Watson happen” mean?

They are trying to progress along their 2nd year wideout with tons of potential? Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Edited by BarnettOSU
  • Like 1