Which Franchise is Most Delusional Right Now

brownie man

16 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Define "delusional".  Using the recent Forbes betting odds of winning the Super Bowl:

Define "delusional".  Using Forbes betting odds of winning the Super Bowl:

Column #1   |    Column #2   |    Column #3   |    Column #4   |    Column #5
               |                |                |                | 
1. K.C.   +600 | 6. Jets  +1400 | 8. Miam  +2500 | 15 N.O.  +3500 | 25 Wash  +6000
2. S.F.   +700 | 7. Dall  +1400 | 9. LACh  +2500 | 16 Seat  +4000 | 26 T.B.  +6500
3. Phil   +750 |                | 10 Detr  +2500 | 17 NYGs  +4000 | 27 Atla  +7000
4. Cinc   +850 |                | 11 Denv  +2500 | 18 Rdrs  +4000 | 28 Crla  +7500
5. Buff   +850 |                | 12 Balt  +2500 | 19 Minn  +4500 | 29 Tenn  +8000
               |                | 13 Jkvl  +2800 | 20 Pitt  +5000 | 30 Indi +10000
               |                | 14 Clev  +2800 | 21 Chic  +5000 | 31 Hous +20000
               |                |                | 22 G.B.  +5000 | 32 Ariz +20000
               |                |                | 23 Rams  +6000 | 
               |                |                | 24 N.E.  +6000 | 

Someone who argues that a team outside of Column #1 is or should be in Super Bowl conversations could be considered delusional.  Advocates arguing their Column #3 or lower team is likely to make a divisional final may need to check their tobacco supply.  Those touting Column #5 teams to get beyond the "one and done" level need saliva tests.  (Someone has to win the two South divisions.)

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable as a passenger in a Bronco driven by a Denver fan.  YMMV.

From above:

Column 1:

I just don't know how you can put S.F. in tier 1 with Purdy coming off that horrible injury and Lance still not having shown much.

Even with all their other talent.   I would put SF in tier 2 or maybe even high 3.   

Column 2:

I think Dal belongs on high end of tier 3.   They are not without talent, but getting usual popularity bump.   Jets probably belong assuming a motivated Rodgers and a healthy Breece Hall.   Their defense is pretty good and ascending.   Following year Rodgers will likely hit wall, get mentally distracted or retire.   

Column 3:

I think Denver is overrated in this tier, they were terrible last year.   They belong in tier 4.   I am not sure Payton turns all that completely around.   That will be impressive if he does.  

Chargers can never stay healthy.  If all their people stay healthy they could be tier 2.   That just never happens with them.

Jacksonville is probably top of this group.

If we can see Watson playing at his best again, Cleveland will be better than anyone thinks.  People forget how good he once was because he hasn't been good or played much in a very long time.   

Column 4:

Seattle I think is underrated.   They keep adding young talent.  I would bump them to 3.  

Giants are at least as good as they were last year, which wasn't bad.  3.  

Bears and Pitt will both be better than they were last year, but not contenders.   They belong in 4 with potential to go to 3 if they gel and young talent develops quickly.  

Column 5:

There is some talent on those teams.  Wash may have best DL in NFL.

None are that bad with exception of AZ who seems to be tanking.   One team from that group will surprise.  Probably Tenn because Vrabel.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scar988 said:

I will bet you that Ridder has a better season than DeShaun and the Falcons win more games than the Browns. Simple sig bet. 

And no, dude. You kept saying Garrett Wilson in the first round. And I kept telling you that he didn’t fit what they wanted at WR. It didn’t get done because the GM set contract limits and trade compensation way less than what was going to get the deal done. 

probably stick and develop Ridder. Who plays a lot like a first/second year Matt Ryan if Ryan had more mobility. Then again, you are also someone who doesn’t think Matt Ryan was any good. 

Im down. I feel like we've made a sig bet before that you owe me on lo. 

And no sir you are wrong. I did have Garrett Wilson, but you can read yo quote lol 

On 4/18/2022 at 6:31 AM, scar988 said:

Terrible pick with worse reasoning. "They need a WR, so I'm gonna give them a WR." You know what other rooms in Atlanta are embarrassing? The Pass rush room. Bruce Carter is the only EDGE of substance the same way Auden Tate is the only WR of substance. Why do people not see that and realize that they need EDGE? Oh, because they WANT A WR to go to Atlanta and don't actually research the team or their needs or how they're going BPA. 

The picks that actually make sense in this situation are Jermaine Johnson, Malik Willis or Derek Stingley if you're going BPA. I think the Falcons would go Johnson here as they're one of a handful of teams that do have a top 10 grade on him.

So getting back to yall being delusional lol

Looking back at it yall should've went Wilson over London like I had it when you look at fact he won rookie of the year. I won't call it a miss but you deff passed on the better player. 

We can deff make a sig bet. I'll take Deshaun over Ridder. How you wanna gauge it? Passing TDs, Passings yards, Total TDs, Wins and losses, Passer rating, Pff grade?

And I never said Ryan was never good, but he was definitely clearly washed by the time the 2021 draft rolled around when yall should've drafted Justin.  

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Im down. I feel like we've made a sig bet before that you owe me on lo. 

And no sir you are wrong. I did have Garrett Wilson, but you can read yo quote lol 

So getting back to yall being delusional lol

Looking back at it yall should've went Wilson over London like I had it when you look at fact he won rookie of the year. I won't call it a miss but you deff passed on the better player. 

We can deff make a sig bet. I'll take Deshaun over Ridder. How you wanna gauge it? Passing TDs, Passings yards, Total TDs, Wins and losses, Passer rating, Pff grade?

And I never said Ryan was never good, but he was definitely clearly washed by the time the 2021 draft rolled around when yall should've drafted Justin.  

Wilson didn’t make sense for the Falcons offense in the first place. That’s why they went London. London would have had better stats in NY with literally anyone but Mariota the first 13 games. He had a 1400 yard pace with Ridder at QB. 

total QB. We’ll take a composite of Total Yards, Total TDs, Total Turnovers, Passer rating. PFF grade shouldn’t be part of it, but I’ll pull some advanced stats and track it all season if you want. I’ll make a thread in the Atlanta Falcons forum about it. 

also; team record. Falcons better record than Browns. If wins are tied, we’ll go by point differential. 

if I owe you on a sig bet, that’s new to me. But I’d honor it now. One of those things that I could have just forgot about. 

Edited by scar988

On 5/28/2023 at 11:11 PM, Slappy Mc said:

How is this thread not directly linked to the NY Jets. A declining Aaron Rodgers comes in and all the sudden they are talking AFC Championship? I understand they weren't terrible, but they are feeling themselves a little much, IMO.

Ironically I was coming here to say Packers. 

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

total QB. We’ll take a composite of Total Yards, Total TDs, Total Turnovers, Passer rating. PFF grade shouldn’t be part of it, but I’ll pull some advanced stats and track it all season if you want. I’ll make a thread in the Atlanta Falcons forum about it. 

also; team record. Falcons better record than Browns. If wins are tied, we’ll go by point differential. 

I'll do the QB one. 

Yall division mad trash though. Idk if I'm doing team record. Yall play the NFC South, North, and AFC South. Thats as easy as you can get right now. Idk about that. Yall might get 9 wins just based off those teams being trash lol

Really the falcons just need to put all the resources into the defense in the next couple of years and see if Ridder can be a Goff type game manager. Let Robinson be their Gurley and run him into the ground before its time to pay him. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

You are missing something. They have a stacked offense.

Yeah, I don’t watch much Atlanta. Probably can’t say that im not expecting much from them if I don’t watch them often, but…that’s kind of how I feel. I will make time to watch some of their games. Obviously I know their run game is one of the best in the league 

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Genuine question - What Packer fans are being delusional about where they are at right now?

Probably the dudes who were saying they’d take Love over Herbert and Lawrence.

• Like 6

On 5/28/2023 at 5:20 PM, brownie man said:

I'd have to say the most delusion franchise in the league right now is the Atlanta Falcons

I personally think they're playing themselves if they believe Desmond Ridder is the guy. I don't think he has the talent. 

They've literally just given him the spot. 

Unless they're secretly trying to tank to get Caleb Williams I don't get it. To only bring in Taylor Henicke in my opinion is negligent. 

The only thing I can think of is they're trying to build the offense around him to set it up for a future QB. Like how the Broncos and Jets have done for example. 

If they really believe he's the guy I think they're going to be sadly disappointed. Just like when they took Pitts when they should've drafted Fields. They were delusional about Matt Ryan. I think they're being just as delusional now. 

I'd say Raiders are number 2. I have no idea what they're doing. Letting Carr walk for free and signing Jimmy and only drafting Aiden O'Connell. 

Like you're deff tanking, but I would've liked to see some effort in the draft. Like they could've at least drafted a QB with some talent like a Clayton Tune. O'Connell ain't isn't a starting level NFL qb. 

Couple of things.

Justin Fields is far from proven but I agree him in that run-heavy scheme would be fun. Unless they were going to force a trade up, it wasnt like a QB was available for them this year, same goes for the Raiders. Despite your demand, the supply is only but so high. Clearly the league valued just 3 QBs in R1

Letting Carr walk in that division imo was smart, they weren't going to win, might as well reset. Yea the Jimmy signing was bad but now with the injury stuff nothing is guaranteed so its better for the rebuild. 

How are the Browns not the most delusional? They gave 250M guaranteed to a predator that hadn't played football in over a year?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Woah. Hadn't heard that before. Is that a this forum thing or just a general feeling from fans?

It’s definitely not a forum thing. Couple of isolated examples from a few fans, that’s all. But yeah, woah. That’s a hot take

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It’s definitely not a forum thing. Couple of isolated examples from a few fans, that’s all. But yeah, woah. That’s a hot take

When it comes to some places like Facebook or Yahoo Sports I can't tell if they are delusional or just trolls masquerading as a team's fans for these kinds of hot takes. I usually just assume idiocy and leave without comment.