Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

18 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think Micah Parsons is an interesting example in the rookie/vet conversation.

He was a dominant defensive prospect and ended up being drafted in the 2nd round of the S22 NSFL Draft (by a new owner), meaning anyone drafting in the mid-late 1st round could have had him. All he did was dominate for two NFL seasons while putting up solid NSFL stats at 1 tag cost:

S22: Micah Parsons [16 GS]: 79 tackles (9 stuffs), 7 coverages, 5 sacks.
S23: Micah Parsons [16 GS]: 60 tackles (10 stuffs), 9 coverages, 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery.
S24: Micah Parsons [16 GS]: 102 tackles (8 stuffs), 9 coverages, 8 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries.

He was ultimately traded at the start of S25 for two solid players (Vea, Higgins), 4 tags and S25 1st and 2nd Round Picks.

Was that player a good selection as a rookie in the 2nd round?

well, yeah

But for every Micah Parsons in the 2nd you have a bunch of Trey Lances going 2nd overall

Sure some rookies will hit.. a lot will miss

Sometimes you get a perennial keeper at a major discount

Sometimes you draft a guy with top 5 capital, then you string him along for 5 tags over 5 NSFL seasons before you eventually let him go without him ever playing a snap for you because he never turned it around

Derek Stingley is probably the next example of it

23 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

well, yeah

But for every Micah Parsons in the 2nd you have a bunch of Trey Lances going 2nd overall

Sometimes you draft a guy with top 5 capital, then you string him along for 5 tags over 5 NSFL seasons before you eventually let him go without him ever playing a snap for you because he never turned it around

It sounds like, based on what you've described, top-tier rookies who are expected to make an immediate impact are worth early selections in many cases. It makes sense why they're being selected earlier and earlier each even NSFL draft: if they hit, they're team changers. It's a worthwhile risk.

26 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It sounds like, based on what you've described, top-tier rookies who are expected to make an immediate impact are worth early selections in many cases. It makes sense why they're being selected earlier and earlier each even NSFL draft: if they hit, they're team changers. It's a worthwhile risk.

yeah, I'm not arguing against that.. I was one of the OGs at drafting rookies super early

I'm just saying its silly to point at the #1 biggest success story and be like "See, it works!"

Micah Parsons don't come around every year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

yeah, I'm not arguing against that.. I was one of the OGs at drafting rookies super early

I'm just saying its silly to point at the #1 biggest success story and be like "See, it works!"

Micah Parsons don't come around every year

Eh. There are a bunch of similar examples, but I largely agree.

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

well, yeah

I drafted Stingley in the 9th round last draft and its working out pretty well. I kept him this year.

On the other hand I bet early capital on rookies like Sauce and Devonta and they are key parts of my core. You gotta shoot your shot if you believe in players

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I drafted Stingley in the 9th round last draft and its working out pretty well. I kept him this year.

On the other hand I bet early capital on rookies like Sauce and Devonta and they are key parts of my core. You gotta shoot your shot if you believe in players

Gone are the days of getting Justin Jefferson in round 14 and AJ Brown in round 15

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

My first ever pick in the sim was eddie goldman. Super solid

I honestly don't remember who my first ever pick was, but I think it may have been rookie Patrick Peterson