Madden SUX thread

Ty21

31 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

After the recent update I notice the franchise mode has completely disappeared. Has it happened to anyone else? If so did you get it fixed? If so how? Really frustrating bc I was in my 3rd season and enjoying it but now it’s completely gone. 

Try restarting your game with your console disconnected from the internet.

55 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

That's what I read online. Worth a shot. The good news is everyone who ended up fixing it said their save file was completely fine. Sucks that you can't access it right now though.

Yeah I did it. I just turned off the internet connection and it worked with my files saved. Thanks a ton for helping. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting the hang of Madden 24 after 17 games of franchise mode. I find running a lot harder than the old madden/console. Maybe it's my OL but I have Bijan up to an 91 (w/ morale) doing tons of stretches/outside runs like I have read work, but struggle to get above 3 YPC most games. Passing I am getting comfortable with though. Looks like I will win OROY + MVP with Anthony Richardson.

I'm using the Jets playbook.

Edited by RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Finally getting the hang of Madden 24 after 17 games of franchise mode. I find running a lot harder than the old madden/console. Maybe it's my OL but I have Bijan up to an 91 (w/ morale) doing tons of stretches/outside runs like I have read work, but struggle to get above 3 YPC most games. Passing I am getting comfortable with though. Looks like I will win OROY + MVP with Anthony Richardson.

I found Aurtur Smith

• Like 2

I get the crowd getting all upset when Madden takes features out of franchise, adds them years later and fans act all happy.

But the weekly practice games are awesome. I've actually improved quite a bit at usering and passing even having to do those drills over and over to ensure I get gold. I have been lucky enough to even receive a couple dev trait upgrades doing so as well. Both for a QB and CB up to super star. 

Extremely worth doing in Franchise mode.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 1:10 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I have pretty good success running the ball in this one.. I like Minnesota's playback, SF and LAR too. Need the Ken Walker, Pacheco types, guys with some speed but can also give a stiff arm/break through a weak tackle. I find the small guys like Achane aren't as useful

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the added coaching tree upgrades in franchise are pretty OP.

We all know speed + accel is the bread and butter of a good madden player. The fact you can upgrade your RBs to +3 speed and +3 acceleration is obscene. Also +3 accel to your WR/TE is huge too. I have Pitts to 96 accel lmao. He blows by most S's let alone LB's. Also +3 accel to your Safeties is is huge too. Thank god they don't give the option to bump speed for CB's.

Edited by RaidersAreOne

• 2 weeks later...

I always hated that they disrespect the Lions good players with ratings just because they team has always sucked but this is getting a little obscene.  I just looked at the update after the Wild Card Round and noticed the following. 

Penei Sewell moved up to a 93 this year, the 2nd best RT and 8th best OT in the game.  Thats maybe fair but feel like he should be higher.  He was all pro first team and PFF's top rated OT this season.  He shouldnt have started as an 86 in the first place so kind of annoying, but at least he is good. 

Sam Laporta is still the 13th best TE in the game at an 81.  Second team all pro, pro bowl, some saying he is the best or second best TE in the league yet he is rated one worse than Dawson Knox and 3 behind Kyle Pitts.  Whats the point of updating ratings if you don't actually update them?  He should easily be a 90 and at worst the 4th TE in the game.  

Taylor Decker is the 14th best LT in the game.  He finished top 20 OT last year per PFF and top 8 this year.  Continued disrespect. 

Frank Ragnow was #2 C behind Kelce but both should be higher than 91/92.  A case for Ragnow to be ahead of Kelce on the field this year. Again why update if you dont actually update. 

They still have Brian Branch as a SS. He has been our nickel CB all year and should have risen higher than he has.  However he should not have risen more than Sam Laporta. Also at S is Iffy Melifonu, who albeit a very small sample size, finished the season as the 8th highest rated S per PFF and is still a 75 and the 81st highest rated S in the game behind Kerby Joseph who he has vastly outplayed this year on the same team. 

Alim McNeil is rated an 80 and the 17th best DT in the game and finished the year the 7th highest rated DT in the league.  He should be in the mid 80s at least. 

Jahmyr Gibbs is the 19th highest rated back which isn't super crazy, but still pretty crazy when you see Kyren Williams, D'Andre Swift, David Montgomery, and Tony Pollard ahead of him.  Gibbs was the 13th highest rated RB this year and thats with splitting time with Monty. His big play ability is huge and seems he is being disrespected still. 

Aside from Lions, a bunch of dumb stuff like Najee ahead of Bijan, Achane and James Cook and Jalen Carter being low 80s still.  Puka being and Kupp being behind McLaurin and just Puka behind a slew of meh WRs at #33.  Matt Judon ahead of Aiden Hutchinson, and Steven Gilmore ahead of Diggs and Bland and Snead significantly higher than McDuffie. 

I always hoped that when they did updates throughout the year they would actually pay attention to what is happening but nope, somethings never change.  

• Like 3

On 1/11/2024 at 11:09 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Some of the added coaching tree upgrades in franchise are pretty OP.

We all know speed + accel is the bread and butter of a good madden player. The fact you can upgrade your RBs to +3 speed and +3 acceleration is obscene. Also +3 accel to your WR/TE is huge too. I have Pitts to 96 accel lmao. He blows by most S's let alone LB's. Also +3 accel to your Safeties is is huge too. Thank god they don't give the option to bump speed for CB's.

Wow, I'm dumb. I have been playing franchise for years and years and just found out the OC's and DC's have different skill trees. One could guy have a QB heavy one with +3 THP at the end, and a different could be for TE's to get +3 ACC.

I had no clue these varied till now lol.

On 1/24/2024 at 4:32 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I always hated that they disrespect the Lions good players with ratings just because they team has always sucked but this is getting a little obscene.  I just looked at the update after the Wild Card Round and noticed the following. 

Penei Sewell moved up to a 93 this year, the 2nd best RT and 8th best OT in the game.  Thats maybe fair but feel like he should be higher.  He was all pro first team and PFF's top rated OT this season.  He shouldnt have started as an 86 in the first place so kind of annoying, but at least he is good. 

Sam Laporta is still the 13th best TE in the game at an 81.  Second team all pro, pro bowl, some saying he is the best or second best TE in the league yet he is rated one worse than Dawson Knox and 3 behind Kyle Pitts.  Whats the point of updating ratings if you don't actually update them?  He should easily be a 90 and at worst the 4th TE in the game.  

Taylor Decker is the 14th best LT in the game.  He finished top 20 OT last year per PFF and top 8 this year.  Continued disrespect. 

Frank Ragnow was #2 C behind Kelce but both should be higher than 91/92.  A case for Ragnow to be ahead of Kelce on the field this year. Again why update if you dont actually update. 

They still have Brian Branch as a SS. He has been our nickel CB all year and should have risen higher than he has.  However he should not have risen more than Sam Laporta. Also at S is Iffy Melifonu, who albeit a very small sample size, finished the season as the 8th highest rated S per PFF and is still a 75 and the 81st highest rated S in the game behind Kerby Joseph who he has vastly outplayed this year on the same team. 

Alim McNeil is rated an 80 and the 17th best DT in the game and finished the year the 7th highest rated DT in the league.  He should be in the mid 80s at least. 

Jahmyr Gibbs is the 19th highest rated back which isn't super crazy, but still pretty crazy when you see Kyren Williams, D'Andre Swift, David Montgomery, and Tony Pollard ahead of him.  Gibbs was the 13th highest rated RB this year and thats with splitting time with Monty. His big play ability is huge and seems he is being disrespected still. 

Aside from Lions, a bunch of dumb stuff like Najee ahead of Bijan, Achane and James Cook and Jalen Carter being low 80s still.  Puka being and Kupp being behind McLaurin and just Puka behind a slew of meh WRs at #33.  Matt Judon ahead of Aiden Hutchinson, and Steven Gilmore ahead of Diggs and Bland and Snead significantly higher than McDuffie. 

I always hoped that when they did updates throughout the year they would actually pay attention to what is happening but nope, somethings never change.  

What do you expect from a guy that has no expertise or background in football or sports for that matter and bases ratings off of big splash plays that stand out to him while he's watching games at a local sports bar every Sunday? Hell, since the Lions played so many Thursday and Monday games this year, he probably missed half of their games. Like everything about Madden, it's all half measures and status quo.

• Like 3