2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yep just saw that.  I think Moncreif may be coming here.  Not as excited about it as I would have been Wilson, bit there is dedinitely some upside there.  Also i dont think White is the starting Z.  Im interested to see what he could do in the slot in space.

Honestly, I think most of the hype around Wilson was just his KC roots.  I would be happier with Moncrief, though I may be biased with how much I watch the colts. 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

The only good we can hope out of this is that he signs a massive contract that restricts what the Vikes are able to do with their cap down the road when they have to resign key players at other positions.

Yup.  It will be a massive contract, probably all guaranteed money and its going to put them in cap hell.  I like Cousins, but do not think he's going to be worth the investment he will garner on the market.

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Yup.  It will be a massive contract, probably all guaranteed money and its going to put them in cap hell.  I like Cousins, but do not think he's going to be worth the investment he will garner on the market.

I could not agree more. It will be a massive contract and they will be the Seahawks faster than they realize. Rodgers is one of the rare QBs who makes everyone better around him. I don't see Kirk in that same capacity. 

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

That is terrible news. 

Its great news for Bears. Cousins is a better player than Case Keenum, but he cannot play better than Case played last season if that makes sense.  So they didn't really improve at all over last year.  Case was on a hot streak.  Cousins is a slightly better than average QB for a good team   He is not a star player and is being paid like one.  Adds extra pressure to succeed too which he hasn't experienced yet.  

Plus, the salary will be depth crippling.  They have a one year window and then they have to start letting good key players go and lose a lot of depth. Bears aren't ready to compete this year anyway.  They are realisticly looking to make playoffs year after this year assuming everything goes to plan.  

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Its great news for Bears. Cousins is a better player than Case Keenum, but he cannot play better than Case played last season if that makes sense.  So they didn't really improve at all over last year.  Case was on a hot streak.  Cousins is a slightly better than average QB for a good team   He is not a star player and is being paid like one.  Adds extra pressure to succeed too which he hasn't experienced yet.  

Plus, the salary will be depth crippling.  They have a one year window and then they have to start letting good key players go and lose a lot of depth. Bears aren't ready to compete this year anyway.  They are realisticly looking to make playoffs year after this year assuming everything goes to plan.  

This is a good position on Cousins, and a good read on Keenum as well. Keenum had the look of a guy playing as good as he's ever going to be, last year. Is Cousins that much better? Not sure.  

Somehow, I would be MORE worried if the Vikings had played it cheap and kept on of their 3 potential starters from last year, and drafted a QB. Never know when the next Russell Wilson is going to happen and elevate a good team to SB caliber.  We play in a very tough division: a few years ago I think it was easily the toughest division around, and I feel like 2018 might bring that back. Hopefully, our team is part of that instead of being "three good/great team, and also the Bears"

Just now, IronMike84 said:

After Robinson: THIS IS AWESOME

Wilson goes to Miami: THIS IS A DISASTER FOR PACE, AWFUL FREE AGENCY

After Burton: RYAN PACE GRAND SLAM

Once the dust settles if we get just these two guys I will be very pleased compared to last year. We all know FA is a joke but you have to still try to add talent and they have to want to come here. 

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

This is a good position on Cousins, and a good read on Keenum as well. Keenum had the look of a guy playing as good as he's ever going to be, last year. Is Cousins that much better? Not sure.  

Somehow, I would be MORE worried if the Vikings had played it cheap and kept on of their 3 potential starters from last year, and drafted a QB. Never know when the next Russell Wilson is going to happen and elevate a good team to SB caliber.  We play in a very tough division: a few years ago I think it was easily the toughest division around, and I feel like 2018 might bring that back. Hopefully, our team is part of that instead of being "three good/great team, and also the Bears"

If we can go 8-8 in this division I would be very pleased. 

Archived