2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Metu is here to boost Ayton's confidence. Ayton destroyed that man in college. Like 32 and 20 in the PAC12 championship game. 

Hoping they do Ayton for Turner.  He can’t be traded to Indy until 7/15.  

On 7/1/2023 at 11:13 PM, NYRaider said:

No they aren't. Dame still has 4 years on his deal and doesn't have a NTC. They can trade him anywhere. Miami reportedly doesn't want to include Caleb Martin and just signed Jaquez so he can't be traded for 30 days. It reminds me of the Donovan Mitchell saga last summer where the Knicks got cocky because they thought they had all of the leverage and then the Cavaliers swooped in with a better offer.

Kyrie also has years left on his deal with Cleveland and still got traded after his request because he threatened to sit the entire season out. James Harden a few years ago as well. Contracts in 2023 NBA dont mean squat. If a player that big/good requests a trade they usually get because the team loses most of their leverage 

Whether he gets traded to his preferred destination is a different story, but I bet the Blazers will try to accommodate him to the Heat.

15 hours ago, General Tso said:

I'll agree they've given out bad contracts in the past, but I think that is compensating for the fact that Portland will never be NY, LA, or an income-taxless state.

But there's no sales tax here and you don't have to pump your own gas

Edited by Troy Brown

18 hours ago, JonStark said:

I think his mind was pretty much made up when they used #3 on a young PG. Probably wasn't an easy decision for him which is why it took a few days. 

I think it's hilarious people are painting him out to be a villain after 11 years of loyalty on a mediocre team. 

Being a ****** at the end doesn't make someone a villain but he's certainly no hero either. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Lol

We hear the same **** every year and every year it passes and a top 5 pick never moves for a "star" player. But, yes, this time it totally could've happened. 

Well, when the Blazers weren't actually serious about moving it of course it wasn't going to happen. The rumored package for Zion was Zion for the #3 pick. Thats an unserious offer. If Portland wanted to acquire a star, they could've. They put on a nice show for Dame though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Well, when the Blazers weren't actually serious about moving it of course it wasn't going to happen. The rumored package for Zion was Zion for the #3 pick. Thats an unserious offer. If Portland wanted to acquire a star, they could've. They put on a nice show for Dame though.

I honestly think that's pretty fair as a starting point. What has Zion done in the NBA besides miss 90% of games every year. He is 1 more season away from becoming the new Ben Simmons and I'm sure the Pels are tired of having to monitor his health/weight/mental every off-season.

At this point Zion is just a name with 4 year old draft hype still surrounding it and I'll tell ya this: he is much closer to becoming the next Simmons/Oden than he is a face of the franchise.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I honestly think that's pretty fair as a starting point. What has Zion done in the NBA besides miss 90% of games every year. He is 1 more season away from becoming the new Ben Simmons and I'm sure the Pels are tired of having to monitor his health/weight/mental every off-season.

At this point Zion is just a name with 4 year old draft hype still surrounding it and I'll tell ya this: he is much closer to becoming the next Simmons/Oden than he is a face of the franchise.

Play 1st team all-nba level basketball when he's healthy? I don't know. His weight hasn't been an issue once outside of the season he broke his foot and couldn't...ya know... run. He came into last season in fantastic shape, and is in fantastic shape again this off-season. Narrative is tired.

12 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Play 1st team all-nba level basketball when he's healthy? I don't know. His weight hasn't been an issue once outside of the season he broke his foot and couldn't...ya know... run. He came into last season in fantastic shape, and is in fantastic shape again this off-season. Narrative is tired.

That's the problem.....he's NEVER healthy. He has only played in 114/328 games in 4 years (34% games played).

It's not a narrative when it's a fact lol

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That's the problem.....he's NEVER healthy. He has only played in 114/328 games in 4 years (34% games played).

It's not a narrative when it's a fact lol

The weight thing is a stupid narrative. He was overweight one time, and it was because he literally couldn't run lol. The last two off-season's he has taken his health and diet very seriously. That's the dumb played out narrative.

Regardless, you aren't moving a dude whos 22 years old and shown top 7 NBA player type talent for the #3 overall pick. It was such a fake "See Dame, were trying!". 

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Being a ****** at the end doesn't make someone a villain but he's certainly no hero either. 

Never said he's a hero. I just think people trashing him for wanting to go to Miami after 11 years without a real chance to win are wrong. He's been one of the most loyal player's in the league, but is aware his time is running out and wants to go somewhere he has ties. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. 

I bet if he didn't single out Miami, the majority of people trashing him would be all for it. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Never said he's a hero. I just think people trashing him for wanting to go to Miami after 11 years without a real chance to win are wrong. He's been one of the most loyal player's in the league, but is aware his time is running out and wants to go somewhere he has ties. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. 

I bet if he didn't single out Miami, the majority of people trashing him would be all for it. 

I mean that's part of the issue though. It's not him wanting out that people care about. It's that he only gave one destination and that it's public. Doesn't matter if it's Miami or LA or whoever. He chose one team, and specifically one that has virtually nothing of value to give back to Portland. Combine that with doing it a day after they hand a 5 year deal to Grant, and while Dame has every right to want out, he did it a pretty garbage way for a guy who gets so much credit for being loyal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I mean that's part of the issue though. It's not him wanting out that people care about. It's that he only gave one destination and that it's public. Doesn't matter if it's Miami or LA or whoever. He chose one team, and specifically one that has virtually nothing of value to give back to Portland. Combine that with doing it a day after they hand a 5 year deal to Grant, and while Dame has every right to want out, he did it a pretty garbage way for a guy who gets so much credit for being loyal.

I disagree that Miami has nothing to offer, but I won't fight the rest of this. I just find it funny the majority of Portland fans are fine with how Lillard is handling it. It's everyone else (specifically fans of teams that now don't have a shot at him), that are outraged.

I still think a backcourt of Herro and Scoot would be amazing to build off of. In a few years, people are going to look back at Herro's contract as decent. 

41 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I disagree that Miami has nothing to offer, but I won't fight the rest of this. I just find it funny the majority of Portland fans are fine with how Lillard is handling it. It's everyone else (specifically fans of teams that now don't have a shot at him), that are outraged.

I still think a backcourt of Herro and Scoot would be amazing to build off of. In a few years, people are going to look back at Herro's contract as decent. 

The only semi-valuable asset Miami has is Herro. Portland, not counting Dame, currently has Scoot, Sharpe and Simons who are locked up for the next four, three and three years. That's three highly regarded score-first guards that are 19, 20, and 24 years old.  They have little use for Herro. The rest is conjecture. I haven't heard any Portland fans say he's handled it well either. I also haven't heard anyone say "F Dame, I really wanted him" but I have heard a lot of people saying "It's a **** move to take away all of Portland's leverage like that by picking a single spot".

• Like 1