What is Danielle Hunter's trade value?

vike daddy

Couple "potential trades" according to this article. Unless a team is restructuring his contract and meeting his demands before the trade is approved, I honestly don't see the Vikings getting a 2nd let alone 2nd plus, for essentially a 1 year rental with no guarantee past 2023. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/assessing-br-six-proposed-danielle-hunter-trade-packages

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 5:51 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I remember when people thought Percy Harvin would only go for a 3 or a 4 lol

I never in a million years thought Jamal Adams would command two firsts, a third and player (minus a fourth).

You never really know.  It only takes one guy.  And often they are bidding against themselves.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I never in a million years thought Jamal Adams would command two firsts, a third and player (minus a fourth).

You never really know.  It only takes one guy.  And often they are bidding against themselves.  

First off, I view Hunter as an elite pass rusher.  For some reason, I thought he was injury prone.  But when looking at his stats, he played for 17 games last year and had double digit sacks.  In fact, 4 of his 7 seasons in the league were double digit sacks.  And he has just one injury year, in 2021.

So, maybe I'm wrong about his injury issues.  

As you said, you never really know.  But he's 28 going on 29.  Not old.  Not young either.  And there is the contract.

I never thought GB would get out from under the Rodgers contract AND get what they got for him.  Age...contract....etc.

Chubb got a first.

But due to the contract situation for Hunter?  I'd say a second and fourth (or third) would be trade value.  And that is just me pulling numbers out of the air.  It really takes one team to view him as a core rusher for 4 years and the cap space to accommodate his new deal.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

First off, I view Hunter as an elite pass rusher.  For some reason, I thought he was injury prone.  But when looking at his stats, he played for 17 games last year and had double digit sacks.  In fact, 4 of his 7 seasons in the league were double digit sacks.  And he has just one injury year, in 2021.

So, maybe I'm wrong about his injury issues.  

As you said, you never really know.  But he's 28 going on 29.  Not old.  Not young either.  And there is the contract.

I never thought GB would get out from under the Rodgers contract AND get what they got for him.  Age...contract....etc.

Chubb got a first.

But due to the contract situation for Hunter?  I'd say a second and fourth (or third) would be trade value.  And that is just me pulling numbers out of the air.  It really takes one team to view him as a core rusher for 4 years and the cap space to accommodate his new deal.

It reminds me of the FBI in Die Hard.   "You ask for a miracle?   I give you the F.  B.   I. !

We need to somehow trade a 39 year old Rodgers who is most expensive player in league, exhibiting strange off field behavior and coming off a poor season.

It would take a miracle to get some good value.  I give you the J. E. T. S.

But Jets bilked the Seahawks who in turn bilked Denver.   It's seems all madness and luck pretending at genius.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It reminds me of the FBI in Die Hard.   "You ask for a miracle?   I give you the F.  B.   I. !

We need to somehow trade a 39 year old Rodgers who is most expensive player in league, exhibiting strange off field behavior and coming off a poor season.

It would take a miracle to get some good value.  I give you the J. E. T. S.

But Jets bilked the Seahawks who in turn bilked Denver.   It's seems all madness and luck pretending at genius.

Stallone and Willis meet with Schwarzenegger.    Stallone tells them that they are going to all star in a movie about three famous pianists from the past.

Stallone says, I'll be Bethoven.

Willis says, I'll be Mozart.

Arnold says, "Guys, don't make me say it...."

(I'll be Bach.)

:)  And there's your Dad joke for the day.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Stallone and Willis meet with Schwarzenegger.    Stallone tells them that they are going to all star in a movie about three famous pianists from the past.

Stallone says, I'll be Bethoven.

Willis says, I'll be Mozart.

Arnold says, "Guys, don't make me say it...."

(I'll be Bach.)

:)  And there's your Dad joke for the day.

LOL

Makes it funnier to think of them playing musicians aside from Willis.

I remember Stallone played a singing cowboy with Dolly Parton.   I was just little, but I remember hating it.  My family saw every movie in 80s for some reason.  

But the crazy concept always stuck with me.   Rhinestone I believe it was called. 

• 3 weeks later...