What is Danielle Hunter's trade value?

vike daddy

On paper a 2nd due to contract and injury history.  But, a lot of these big name trades and contracts for older pass rushers didn’t pan out fantastic in recent history.

Mack was good in Chicago, but not relative to his cost in money and draft capital due to little injuries.  He hasn’t been worth 2nd rounder to SD yet either.

Quinn did literally nothing for Eagles. 

Von Miller cost LA a 2nd and 3rd for just a year, but did contribute to their SB.  So maybe worth it?

He got hurt in Buffalo.

JJ Watt was not himself in AZ.

On paper you would think Bears, since they have need and have the money, but I highly doubt Poles is interested.  He wants to keep rebuilding this year and see if one of rough project DEs shows a little flash.

Not sure who is.  At this point teams willing to pay would be on a one or maybe two year deal, but then like Rams you are just throwing away draft picks.  

Also, if you are going to give him money for one year the team that makes most sense is team he is on.

Is MN trying to contend or not?   Their attitude seems we want to be good, but not great.  It would seem they need him if they are serious about it.  

I would say given all that a 4th is all I would offer if I was interested.  But it only takes one guy.

• Like 2

I always screw this up...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/danielle-hunter-16812/

If I traded for him, I pay 13.1 million for this year, Vikings eat the void year hits and this year's dead hit?

He is a very good player, and is still only 29.  His value goes down because he becomes a FA after this season, so I have to work out a new contract or he is a one year rental. 

Maybe a third from Dallas makes sense for both teams?

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I don't see how he goes for less than what Denver got for Bradley Chubb, honestly. He's just straight up a better player, and I don't think the age difference between the two is enough to push the needle one way or the other.

Everyone but Miami knew that was a terrible deal, though, so I won't compare the two. 

• Like 3

On 6/21/2023 at 7:41 AM, minutemancl said:

I don't see how he goes for less than what Denver got for Bradley Chubb, honestly. He's just straight up a better player, and I don't think the age difference between the two is enough to push the needle one way or the other.

Availability is a huge issue for him. Not to mention whoever trades for him better be on a superbowl trajectory or have a ton of cap space to pay him the following year. 

On 6/23/2023 at 4:05 PM, Spartacus said:

Right now probably a 3rd or a 4th but when one of the  contenders loses a pass rusher to injury that price could go way up before the trade deadline. 

🤣

Needed a good laugh

• Like 1