Gimmee Two Predictions....one that you truly believe and one that you believe, but is a stretch.

vegas492

Truly Believe:  Doubs is going to be our leading receiver this year.  Targets and catches.

Stretch:  Not only will LVN be a force in GB as a rookie, he is going to end his career in GB as it's sack leader.  (Current leader is viewed as CMIII with 83.5 recorded sacks.  Apologies to Willie Davis as I did not count unofficial sacks.  He had between 99.5 and 120 sacks.)

Truly believe:  This team will hit some kind of midseason slump, but finish the season strong, and be very poised to be a serious playoff team in 2024.  

Stretch:  At some point Anthony Johnson Jr gets a shot at safety, and he becomes a 5+ year starter for the Packers.  

• Like 1

Truly: Packers will win more games this coming season than last year. Defense and offense will rank just outside the top 10.

Stretch: Love will be more effective QB than Rodgers of 2022 in his first season. Better leadership, use of the middle of the field, playing within the system, and more of a running threat will surpass the shortcomings in experience and understanding. 

Edited by VegasDan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Truly believe: Jordan Love will play better than Tua and Herbert this season and almost as good as Burrow
Stretch: The Packers will have a top 5 defence

I love the optimism , but you truly believe Love will be better than Herbert and almost as good as Burrow this year?!?!

• Like 1

Truly: LVN has a very minimal impact on the defense this year. JSN will have a great rookie season for the Seahawks, and the forum will be filled with Gute hate speeches

Stretch: Packers win the division

Edited by pgwingman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jleisher said:

Truly believe:  Brenton Cox Jr. will out play Lukas Van Hess this year.

Not really:  Packers win the division.

Sorry it looks like I just copied yours from some sort of subconscious mind meld.

But I think you're right. Who was the last rookie defensive player to make a big impact? Stokes had promise, Quay and Wyatt were fairly meh, but I don't know that anyone had a true "pro bowl as a rookie" type of season.

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Truly believe: Jordan Love will play better than Tua and Herbert this season and almost as good as Burrow
Stretch: The Packers will have a top 5 defence

Using ESPNs QBR stat from last year, Tua was 3rd, Burrow 10th, and Herbert 11th in the league. I'm here for the optimism baby!

39 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Sorry it looks like I just copied yours from some sort of subconscious mind meld.

But I think you're right. Who was the last rookie defensive player to make a big impact? Stokes had promise, Quay and Wyatt were fairly meh, but I don't know that anyone had a true "pro bowl as a rookie" type of season.

Because it hasn't happened means it will never happen? Love the optimism you put forth. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Because it hasn't happened means it will never happen? Love the optimism you put forth. 

Well if I'm going to make a prediction I think is true, i'm going to base it on my past experiences. I'll save my optimism for the "stretch" predictions.

Y'all are too conservative...it is not a "stretch" to say we win the division. Hell, there are NFL pundits predicting we win the division. 

Truly: coast to an easy division title

Stretch: we win the Owl, baby

• Like 2