Gimmee Two Predictions....one that you truly believe and one that you believe, but is a stretch.

vegas492

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

He had a recurring role in WCW as well, right?  First it was a comedy gimmick, then they put him in the ring and he performed pretty well, right?

Not entirely sure but he wasn't welcomed back then by the IWC. It wasn't until 2019 he became a ranked and respected wrestler. You should watch the "You Cannot Kill David Arquette" documentary.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Not entirely sure but he wasn't welcomed back then by the IWC. It wasn't until 2019 he became a ranked and respected wrestler. You should watch the "You Cannot Kill David Arquette" documentary.

LOL.  I'll look for it.

What I remember of him from WCW was a comedy gimmick that didn't land well, but they had that movie out, so guys had to play along.

Then he ended up in the ring and was quite stiff, which was to be expected, and then he trained and got a whole lot better.  Still I don't think he was ever "welcomed" by the professional wrestlers.  He just didn't suck as bad as he should have....in the ring.

Do you remember what a Diamond Cutter is turned upside down?????   😋

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Still I don't think he was ever "welcomed" by the professional wrestlers.  He just didn't suck as bad as he should have....in the ring.

That was the whole point of the documentary. By the end of it, he had earned the IWC's respect, which is all he wanted. I don't think he cared about the wrestlers themselves.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

This guy, who wrote this article wanted to join the game. I don't see #1 happening but do believe the young man is going to be a heck of a player. The other two are going to happen. 

3 early and shockingly bold predictions for the Packers in 2023 season (msn.com)

1) Jayden Reed leads team in receptions and yards.

2) Quay Walker becomes a Pro Bowler.

3) Jordan Love throws for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's.

Discuss. 

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Truly Believe: The GDT's will have just as much ranting related to QB play with Love as there was with Rodgers

Stretch: Barry figures out to effectively use the talent at his disposal.

Fans aren't patient, but I do believe Love will have a grace period. He does have to look the part though. 

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

1) Jayden Reed leads team in receptions and yards.

2) Quay Walker becomes a Pro Bowler.

3) Jordan Love throws for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's.

Discuss. 

1.  I seriously doubt it.  Watson and Doubs are easily more talented and refined.  If the stories about Toure are true, he will see significant snaps as well, and he can do a lot of the same things that Reed can do.  Musgrave is also in line for a lot of targets.  If Love is going to throw for 4000 yards, this is a prediction of over 1000 yards for an undersized second round rookie.  Unless Love really spreads the ball around and we have 8 players go for ~500 yards.

2.  This one is possible.  Pro Bowl is top 5 or 6 at the position? Campbell was All-Pro a couple of years ago, if Quay is put in the position to make all the plays, there is no reason why he couldn't.  But just by going off of last season, is there any sign that he will get to that level, or are we just hoping that it happens?

3.  4000 yards would not surprise me at all.  Love has been able to move the offense pretty well when he has gotten his limited opportunities.  My biggest question is, can he limit the turnovers? While he has moved the ball, he hasn't taken care of it as well as we are used to.  The 30 TDs will come with limiting the turnovers.  30 may be a bit high, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Jones and Dillon in the red zone.  

IMO, 1 and a half.  Not bad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

1.  I seriously doubt it.  Watson and Doubs are easily more talented and refined.  If the stories about Toure are true, he will see significant snaps as well, and he can do a lot of the same things that Reed can do.  Musgrave is also in line for a lot of targets.  If Love is going to throw for 4000 yards, this is a prediction of over 1000 yards for an undersized second round rookie.  Unless Love really spreads the ball around and we have 8 players go for ~500 yards.

2.  This one is possible.  Pro Bowl is top 5 or 6 at the position? Campbell was All-Pro a couple of years ago, if Quay is put in the position to make all the plays, there is no reason why he couldn't.  But just by going off of last season, is there any sign that he will get to that level, or are we just hoping that it happens?

3.  4000 yards would not surprise me at all.  Love has been able to move the offense pretty well when he has gotten his limited opportunities.  My biggest question is, can he limit the turnovers? While he has moved the ball, he hasn't taken care of it as well as we are used to.  The 30 TDs will come with limiting the turnovers.  30 may be a bit high, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Jones and Dillon in the red zone.  

IMO, 1 and a half.  Not bad.

1.  I highly doubt it as well.  Doubs reportedly has the "connection" with Love and will probably lead the team in targets.  If Watson takes a second year jump?  Oh my.  You already mentioned Toure.  And the rookie TE's.  This bold prediction is quite the stretch for Reed.

2)  I think this one is do-able.  Pro Bowl for Quay.  Do-able, but probably not likely as we know those awards typically come a year after they are due.  Here's the thing I like about Quay...he gets behind the LOS.  Great see it and hit it guy.  If he takes a step forward, man....that's scary.

3)  I feel like our run game may limit the Love stats.  And his stats are going to be tied to the development of Doubs, Watson and Toure.  I find 4k and 30 TD's as very highly unlikely.  But it sure is fun to dream.

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

1.  I highly doubt it as well.  Doubs reportedly has the "connection" with Love and will probably lead the team in targets.  If Watson takes a second year jump?  Oh my.  You already mentioned Toure.  And the rookie TE's.  This bold prediction is quite the stretch for Reed.

2)  I think this one is do-able.  Pro Bowl for Quay.  Do-able, but probably not likely as we know those awards typically come a year after they are due.  Here's the thing I like about Quay...he gets behind the LOS.  Great see it and hit it guy.  If he takes a step forward, man....that's scary.

3)  I feel like our run game may limit the Love stats.  And his stats are going to be tied to the development of Doubs, Watson and Toure.  I find 4k and 30 TD's as very highly unlikely.  But it sure is fun to dream.

Point by point, again, because I am bored.  :D 

Reed is talented.  But I am not too sure that his rookie year doesn't kind of resemble that of Randall Cobb.  He will get some shots, and show some potential, but it will be limited playing time.  Cobb really exploded his second year, with 104 targets vs 31 as a rookie.  I don't think Reed is better than either Watson or Doubs, if you care to dig, I LOVED those two before last draft.  And I do buy the Toure hype because the game has never looked too big for him.  He started at Wyoming, and did well.  Then he went to Nebraska, and did well.  Then he did well in preseason.  He only got 10 targets as a rookie, but managed to make that 82 yards and a TD.  Perhaps this guy is right, and Reed comes in and is Greg Jennings.  I am going to have to see something first though.

I like Quay because he is very fast for a LB.  Could have had a TD last season if Jaire would have just thrown a block instead of dancing around in front of him.  I don't think we have had that kind of speed at LB since Nick Barnett.  But specifically Pro Bowl, I just took that to mean top 5ish rather than actually making the team.

My main concern is the turnovers from Love.  We just ended over a decade with the guy who had a "bad" season with 12 turnovers.  I am not doubting that he can throw for 30 TDs.  From watching previous Love games in college, preseason, and regular season, I am more concerned that the 30 TDs may resemble a Jameis Winston or Stat Padford season more than it does an Aaron Rodgers one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

1) I can see Reed maybe leading up n receptions - it's a young group with no established ”go-to" so there could be 3 guys on that 50-70 range. I think a healthy Watson is a lock to lead in yards though. 

2) he has the talent. He made some all-rookie teams. We'll see if he puts it together and/or is put to use by the coaching staff

3) I'd put money on the 4k yards but think he probably tops out at 25ish tds. Be happy to be wrong about that one

Hmmm let's see

Truly Believe:  Packers crush the Raiders by 21 minimum on that Monday night ending Garropolo's chances of ever being a serious starting QB again, and putting the nail in the coffin of that clown McDaniels making sure he never coaches again.

Stretch: Musgrave scores more TDs than Tonyan did in 2020 and is the top TE in the NFC North

Jordan Love will throw over 30 touchdown passes and under 15 interceptions with a YPA higher than 7.2.

We will have three double digit sack performances.

This team wins the Super Bowl THIS year if we have Matt Ryan (or equivalent) as our backup QB and Jordan Love gets hurt before the playoffs.

Edited by MacReady