What movies that were critically/commercially panned are you an apologist for?

MikeT14

12 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Kingdom of Heavens directors cut also shores up the majority of holes the original cut making it IMO one of the better historical epics. I would place the directors cut closer to Gladiator than a failed movie.  Its a shame the studio botched the editing process so much in the original release. It's not exactly historically accurate but it does show IMO one of the better pictures of the crusades and one of the best adaptations of Saladin. Edward Norton as King Baldwin IV is one of my favorite movie kings. The only one I enjoyed more was Alfred the Great played by David Dawson. 

Director's cut is really good. On my short list of the biggest difference in quality between two cuts of a movie

14 hours ago, Spartacus said:

For me two historical epics come to mind immediately: Troy & Kingdom of Heaven.

Kingdom of Heavens directors cut also shores up the majority of holes the original cut making it IMO one of the better historical epics. I would place the directors cut closer to Gladiator than a failed movie.  Its a shame the studio botched the editing process so much in the original release. It's not exactly historically accurate but it does show IMO one of the better pictures of the crusades and one of the best adaptations of Saladin. Edward Norton as King Baldwin IV is one of my favorite movie kings. The only one I enjoyed more was Alfred the Great played by David Dawson. 

Troy is just so much dumb fun. Brad Pitt just being a chad is pretty fun to watch. 

I agree on both but Troy's theatrical was pretty good to me too. I was about to argue on your Kingdom of Heaven point and Gladiator but I came around to it. While I think there's still a bit of distance between KoH and Gladiator, it's definitely closer to Gladiator than a failed movie. Definitely agree with you on Saladin, western media doesn't do him justice at all.

On 7/11/2023 at 10:35 AM, beekay414 said:

Death to Smoochy

$50 Million budget and made $8 Million back but it's an awesome comedy.

Love that movie!  I flipped it for an Andy Mineo remix I did a few years ago.  Samples and soundbites are all from the movie. 

Its not my usual style but I wanted to try something out of my comfort zone to see if I could pull it off. One of my favorite remixes tbh.