49ers Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Probably get a real look at it when Brock is partaking. Splitting the reps with Darnold when Purdy is out doesn't scream to me that there is a real competition between Trey and Brock 

You’re doing gods work posting these updates in here. I lost my one stop shopping on BR when Twitter blocked them from posting tweets in their app.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7fe3fm617l1ampbcvdz

• Like 2

I keep saying it....Just trade either Lance or Darnold if this is how it is going to be. Clearly, Shanny wants Allen as QB3, so make the move and trade one of the QBs fighting for the back up spot. The trio of Purdy/Lance/Darnold will NOT be on the opening day roster. 

Was a long, boring & drama free offseason & it'll probably be a long, boring & drama free TC & Preseason too....still have more than 6 weeks until our 1st game. Do other major leagues open camp so late before their first game? 

Can't think of too many camp battles....Mason or Mitchell for #2 RB? Who's the #2 TE? Who's the utility OL replacing Brunskill? Jackson or Ferrell for DE opposite Bosa? Does Ji'ayir Brown play in 3 safety packages & take over for Gipson? 

I am interested to see our QB depth chart entering week 1. Do we keep these 3 & Brandon Allen on the PS? 

Just hope we stay healthy & sign Bosa to a long-term deal soon

Edited by 49ersfan

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I keep saying it....Just trade either Lance or Darnold if this is how it is going to be. Clearly, Shanny wants Allen as QB3, so make the move and trade one of the QBs fighting for the back up spot. The trio of Purdy/Lance/Darnold will NOT be on the opening day roster. 

I agree with this and I believe if your mind is made up then ship the lone guy out. However, does it potential mean more to the brass to hold on until a potential QB injury happens and then a team comes calling? There were the reports about GB and Darnold. I guess the question becomes is it worth it to not get full reps for guys for the hope you can max a return?

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

At least I can pretend that this team can be competitive if Darnold / Lance is pressed into action. if we end up on QB3 again this year and it's Allen, its basically Mullens / Beathard all over again for me which is why I'd rather just keep  them. I'm not even sure we couldn't put Allen on the practice squad. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Was a long, boring & drama free offseason & it'll probably be a long, boring & drama free TC & Preseason too....still have more than 6 weeks until our 1st game. Do other major leagues open camp so late before their first game? 

Can't think of too many camp battles....Mason or Mitchell for #2 RB? Who's the #2 TE? Who's the utility OL replacing Brunskill? Jackson or Ferrell for DE opposite Bosa? Does Ji'ayir Brown play in 3 safety packages & take over for Gipson? 

I am interested to see our QB depth chart entering week 1. Do we keep these 3 & Brandon Allen on the PS? 

Just hope we stay healthy & sign Bosa to a long-term deal soon

If you are looking at camp strictly for camp battles then yes it is boring. If you look at for the development of guys like Zakejl, Khalia Davis, Poe, how guys like Deebo look, how Bosa comes in after his holdout, how Drake Jackson's body looks, the CB depth etc then its very eventful

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I think today really shows that there is no competition. Reps weren't close

Well, you know when Shanahan gets dialed in on a known commodity he puts all his chips to the table. Can't blame him. SB ready squad, and they were scoring 30 points a game the last 6 or 7 weeks. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

From what I've seen for jersey numbers changing thus far. 

Sam Womack 26-->0 
Isaiah Oliver 22-->26
Robert Beal Jr 33-->55 

I'm indifferent on Womack, don't really care for Oliver changing, but love seeing Beal in 55. I know Feliciano was wearing 55 as well, but hopefully he lets beal have it. I was pretty confused when they let a DE wear 33 in the first place. The normal site @49erscap shared with me hasn't been updated yet from what I can tell, so there may be more that I'm not aware of. 

• Like 2