49ers Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wonder if Kyle told the team that there will be a real QB competition even if Purdy is the day one favorite? Yeah, he was asked about Brock when he just mentioned that about Lance and said it will be an intense competition. 

Probably get a real look at it when Brock is partaking. Splitting the reps with Darnold when Purdy is out doesn't scream to me that there is a real competition between Trey and Brock 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably get a real look at it when Brock is partaking. Splitting the reps with Darnold when Purdy is out doesn't scream to me that there is a real competition between Trey and Brock 

That's one of my issues but there's certain things teams promise agents and maybe this was one of them? It was promised to Darnold's agent that he would get a legitimate shot and would get 1st team reps?

I mean Kyle doesn't even mention Darnold half the time when he talks about the QBs and Deebo went out of his way to mention this as a QB competition between Purdy and Lance.

I mean if Kyle doesn't want this to be a real competition, then pick one and give them all the 2nd team reps. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Consensus seems to be that TDP looked really good today

I know at some point this off-season someone asked Deebo who he thought would have a big second year jump and I kind of figured he’d go with Danny Gray seeing as how he’s in his room, but he mentioned TDP as the guy.

• Like 1