49ers Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

22 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, Shanny getting defensive about Jeff Christenson and said every QB gets work like that but it was ALL Trey doing the work. 

Yeah, you could tell he wasn't happy about him going with someone other than his handpicked QB guru. 

I cannot imagine being a Coach(which I am) and not being happy that one of my players has found someone to help him develop. The ego required to be bitter that your buddy couldn't unlock him is baffling. More than one way to skin a cat and having the ability to tailor your coaching to a specific player is as much of a skill as being coachable as a player is. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StevenK said:

Happy to hear, but I’m more interested in seeing Trey. I wanted Purdy to start on the PUP so we don’t rush him back, but seems like that caution was thrown in the wind! 

He was medically cleared without restrictions and the Niners and whoever developed the throwing program have chose to put him on restriction. The Dr that chose to wait for the swelling to go down before surgery is the one that cleared him. Not sure how you're getting "caution being thrown to the wind" on this.

36 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

He was medically cleared without restrictions and the Niners and whoever developed the throwing program have chose to put him on restriction. The Dr that chose to wait for the swelling to go down before surgery is the one that cleared him. Not sure how you're getting "caution being thrown to the wind" on this.

If it’s any doctor not on staff I’ll be fine with that call because how many times have our guys been cleared by our staff and they get (re)injured. But still we have heard on countless efforts this injury takes time. 

Tracking on the pitch count. 

20 hours ago, oldman9er said:

By all accounts, Trey seems like a great dude, so no.. it's all about the months of fan chatter and the need to push QB competition drama. Knocking others down to pump up their guy. 

I feel you on this. Twitter goes crazy. So many people yesterday were demanding some of the journalists question the QB situation and whatnot. Like, it's just not that deep. I'm sorry people don't like it, but clearly Shanny likes Purdy and you can't fault them for giving him the starting job based on what he did last year. They just feel like he's better and he's earned it. 

Clearly they have also been underwhelmed with Trey as well. I don't have to agree with it or like it, but they have watched him and evaluated him and the rest of the QBs and they are where they are. I don't know what these people want to ask or why they need to address it. I mean, what do they expect the staff to say..."yeah, trey lance just isn't very good so we have him in a competition to see if he can be a backup QB. Ultimately, we just greatly misevaluated him as a prospect and whiffed on the pick". 

Teams miss on picks (and we have missed on first rounders more than hit under this regime), it's really not anything more than that to be discussed. 

• Like 2

Brandon Allen had the best start possible in those OTA practices but realized quickly what happens when you go up against defense with most of their guys lol.

Purdy will return tomorrow so he will get majority of the starter reps while Lance/Darnold split the back up reps...And that I have a huge problem with. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Since Purdy is healthy and ready to go, there is no reason to keep both Lance and Darnold. Trade one of them and save some cap and have Allen as the QB3. 

I'd just keep them both. The nominal trade value and cap relief doesn't really do anything for me. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd just keep them both. The nominal trade value and cap relief doesn't really do anything for me. 

Taking away reps also doesn't make sense. Kyle said the reason they signed Darnold was that they couldn't bank on Purdy being healthy to start the season and Lance himself wasn't fully healthy yet. Well, now both Purdy and Lance are healthy. So what's the point of this? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Taking away reps also doesn't make sense. Kyle said the reason they signed Darnold was that they couldn't bank on Purdy being healthy to start the season and Lance himself wasn't fully healthy yet. Well, now both Purdy and Lance are healthy. So what's the point of this? 

They are backups, I don't care about reps tbh

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Since Purdy is healthy and ready to go, there is no reason to keep both Lance and Darnold. Trade one of them and save some cap and have Allen as the QB3. 

Man that is such a risky move. Purdy has been cleared, but from listening to the presser yesterday it sounds like they're in uncharted waters and are hoping nothing happens. Dealing a quality QB now is just too risky. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Got it...........

Not counting on Kinlaw being a big contributor but just glad he got to actually train this season and not rehab. 

Me when it comes to hearing things about Javon Kinlaw: 

YARN | Look man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe! | Beverly  Hills Cop (1984) | Video gifs by quotes | 2a6aad26 | 紗

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But but but, Sam freaking Darnold needs his reps, ya'll! And apparently so does Allen 😂.

Asked about Brock then he goes on to talk about Trey. I can’t wait to see him play this preseason.

Just now, GW21 said:

Asked about Brock then he goes on to talk about Trey. I can’t wait to see him play this preseason.

I wonder if Kyle told the team that there will be a real QB competition even if Purdy is the day one favorite? Yeah, he was asked about Brock when he just mentioned that about Lance and said it will be an intense competition.