49ers Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

From what I've seen for jersey numbers changing thus far. 

Sam Womack 26-->0 
Isaiah Oliver 22-->26
Robert Beal Jr 33-->55 

I'm indifferent on Womack, don't really care for Oliver changing, but love seeing Beal in 55. I know Feliciano was wearing 55 as well, but hopefully he lets beal have it. I was pretty confused when they let a DE wear 33 in the first place. The normal site @49erscap shared with me hasn't been updated yet from what I can tell, so there may be more that I'm not aware of. 

Yeah that site hasn't been updated for some reason, just 49ers.com's roster page.

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think we trade Elijah Mitchell before the season starts, probably for a 4th round pick.

I wouldn't do that. Could easily churn through 4 running backs during the season and he costs less than 1m on the cap. 

Just keep CMC, Mitchell, tdp and Mason. You typically carry 4 + juice anyway

• Like 5

Very subtle, but Lombardi's reporting of these stats is always hilarious to me. 

In 2021, Jimmy threw a INT but he did not count it because he had supposedly been sacked on that play prior to the pass. Well, yesterday, Purdy was sacked and then completed the ball so he gives him a completion...And look how he is different than everyone off one completion/attempt. 

Not that these stats mean a damn thing, just how Lombardi is by far the worst 49ers beat writer. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I think we trade Elijah Mitchell before the season starts, probably for a 4th round pick.

Idk if I’ve mentioned it here, but I’ve been thinking about us possibly trading Mitchell as well. If TDP is improved and Mason can keep doing what he did last year, we could possibly stash Laborn on the PS and still be in good shape.

It would definitely be nice to be able to get a decent return for Mitchell before we let him walk and maybe get a 7th comp for him. If we could get a 4 I’d be all about it; anything less I think I’d pass.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Very subtle, but Lombardi's reporting of these stats is always hilarious to me. 

In 2021, Jimmy threw a INT but he did not count it because he had supposedly been sacked on that play prior to the pass. Well, yesterday, Purdy was sacked and then completed the ball so he gives him a completion...And look how he is different than everyone off one completion/attempt. 

Not that these stats mean a damn thing, just how Lombardi is by far the worst 49ers beat writer. 

Spreadsheet to the rescue.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There is no need to trade Mitchell. Dude is really really good. Sure he is injury prone, but he will not be the lead back and can be used for 7-9 touches a game. 

Pads come on next week and that's when the practices really begin! 

I think the idea of trading Mitchell is that we upgrade/increase our investment in a guy that is not going to be a cornerstone player for us before we lose him for nothing.

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don't think Trey is going to be on the roster by week 1. 

I wouldn't do it, as I said... But I think this seems like the team's preference. Whether they can get it done, I don't know. Nobody wants him, most likely

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't do that. Could easily churn through 4 running backs during the season and he costs less than 1m on the cap. 

Just keep CMC, Mitchell, tdp and Mason. You typically carry 4 + juice anyway

Every time a bell rings, a RB gets hurt.  I think they should keep all 4.

7 hours ago, GW21 said:

I think the idea of trading Mitchell is that we upgrade/increase our investment in a guy that is not going to be a cornerstone player for us before we lose him for nothing.

He still has two more years on contract.  It's a year and a half early for this move.

7 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lance will need to make every snap count if he's going to have a chance. It just feels like Brandon Allen is locked for QB3. Which is dumb.

The 49ers one year they used 1 QB, one year they used 2, three years they used three, and one year they used 4.  In that six year run, arguably the second most important game was played by QB#4, and of all the 49ers QB's ranked he is inarguably ranked QB#7 of 7.  

I think the team should consider finding a way to keep all 4 QB's.   I know how good the bottom of this roster is this year.  There are a ton of really good bubble players that will not make it to the practice squad.  That being said, there is 0 chance of beating any NFL team with a random dude like Josh Johnson.  I think whoever the 4th QB is has a far greater chance of helping the 49ers win a game than whoever that 53rd guy is.  This is not a Jim Sorgi situation, the only constant is injuries.  I might deal the 4th at the deadline if they are all healthy.  Maybe I am just a little paranoid though. 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 2