2023 MLB trade deadline thread

kgarrett12486

He is who he is with the bat. He’s never been great with it. The errors are a concern but if I am not mistaking majority of them have come with him playing in the infield. Have to imagine he plays CF/RF in spot duty with the Dodgers. Not the answer for the Dodgers but a familiar face that has shown up in the playoffs before. 

The Cardinals are exploring a multi-year contract extension with closer Jordan Hicks, reports Katie Woo of the Athletic. Woo suggests there’s a good chance a deal can be finalized within the next day. He owns a 3.67 ERA across 41 2/3 innings in 40 appearances. He’s striking hitters out at a personal-best 31.2% rate while inducing grounders on a huge 58.2% of batted balls. Hicks and Twins’ star Jhoan Durán are the only relievers (minimum 30 innings) with a strikeout rate north of 30% and a ground-ball rate exceeding 55%. That outlier combination of whiffs and grounders is built on velocity almost unmatched around the league. Hicks averages an eye-popping 100.5 MPH on the sinker that serves as his go-to offering. Only Durán and Aroldis Chapman throw harder.

He was expected to be dealt. If this comes to fruition, it takes arguably the top closer off the market. 

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He is who he is with the bat. He’s never been great with it. The errors are a concern but if I am not mistaking majority of them have come with him playing in the infield. Have to imagine he plays CF/RF in spot duty with the Dodgers. Not the answer for the Dodgers but a familiar face that has shown up in the playoffs before. 

Was ok at 2nd. Barely.

shortstop, all but 1 of his errors were throwing errors 

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I wonder if Bednar or Helsley are on the market 

I doubt we put Helsley on the market, since he's been on the IL since April. He's still got (2) full years of control left, so I would think if we wanted to move him, he's supposed to be back in early Agust, so let him pitch the remainder of th year and then look to deal him in offseason to alleviate some concerns teams might have over dealing for him now due to the forearm injury.