2023 MLB trade deadline thread

kgarrett12486

The Rays and Guardians are in agreement on a trade sending right-hander Aaron Civale from Cleveland to Tampa Bay, reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Top first base prospect Kyle Manzardo is headed back to Cleveland in the deal.

Civale has 2+ years of cost control and is having a remarkable season, even with his low strikeout rate. Manzardo was Ray's #4 prospect and#37 overall per MLB pipeline. 

25 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Ight Orioles need to do something here soon for a pitcher

It was nice embarrassing the Yankees on national TV last night but we have october aspirations and a bloated farm system 

Jack Flaherty is available.

5 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Cubs are going to be "buyers" now, but won't actually do anything at the deadline except for a last second trade for a middling reliever.  Pick a lane, Jed.

Or I guess he is actually going to buy and get the best rental bat out there.  Not bad, Jed.  Not bad.  Kudos for picking a lane.

18 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Ight Orioles need to do something here soon for a pitcher

It was nice embarrassing the Yankees on national TV last night but we have october aspirations and a bloated farm system 

You can have Eduardo Rodriguez and Cisnero for Joey Ortiz and Zack Showalter.  We probably will take Max Wagner but I prefer the glove on Ortiz. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Did the Mets pay all of Verlander's deal like Scherzer's?  If so, I hate their return.  Not that Verlander is great or anything, but the money owed to him is likely a good bit more valuable than Drew Gilbert.

I hope they did.

They got Gilbert and Clifford back.  

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Did the Mets pay all of Verlander's deal like Scherzer's?  If so, I hate their return.  Not that Verlander is great or anything, but the money owed to him is likely a good bit more valuable than Drew Gilbert.

It looks like Ryan Clifford is going as well.  That changes it a bit.  Arguably their top two prospects.