Training Camp 2023

SemperFeist

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He can’t. Unless you start training camp on the PUP, you can’t be placed on the PUP to start the season. 

He could be placed on PUP/IR after making the 53-man roster though correct? Doing this would open up a roster spot for the time being. I thought something like this was mentioned with Chris Reed.

Edited by VikeManDan

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

He could be placed on PUP/IR after making the 53-man roster though correct? Doing this would open up a roster spot for the time being. I thought something like this was mentioned with Chris Reed.

If he’s placed on IR before week one of the regular season, he’s out for the entire season. If the team wants to put him on IR, but be able to bring him back this season, they’ll need to carry him on the active roster until after the Tampa Bay game. 

Reed was eligible to be placed on the NFI list because he was on the NFI list since the start of training camp. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If he’s placed on IR before week one of the regular season, he’s out for the entire season. If the team wants to put him on IR, but be able to bring him back this season, they’ll need to carry him on the active roster until after the Tampa Bay game. 

Reed was eligible to be placed on the NFI list because he was on the NFI list since the start of training camp. 

EDIT: Apparently Kene can be placed on IR tomorrow and he’ll still be eligible to come back this season. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I expect movement at CB, IDL, and WR before week 1.

I predict that we’ll see the following moves

1. Vikings claim a RB off of waivers, offset by placing Kene on IR. 

2. Vikings claim an OL off of waivers, offset by trading or releasing one of Reagor or Powell.

3. Vikings sign or claim a CB off of waivers, offset by waiving Theo Jackson. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Darius Rush was waived by the Indianapolis Colts. 

Remember how upset so many fans were during the draft that the team draft Blackmon and Ward over him? 

Darius Rush?  He was overhyped and never that dominating on South Carolina.  People just caught on to him because of the talk about him at the Senior Bowl and combine, it was not really his play, he was ok at South Carolina but never an elite level player.  Blackmon was far more proven and Ward does not even play that position.

Kind of surprised they cut Benton Whitley but awesome that Andre Carter II made the team, great for him clearly they knew if they cut Carter II he was long gone and would be signed by someone else.  

I would rather have Esezi Otomewo over Bullard but Otomewo did not have a great preseason but neither did Bullard, guess they went with the proven vet there.  

Keeping Reagor and Powell seems like a bit of a waste, especially with the new kickoff rules, it makes kick returns almost impossible to even do.  Everyone will fair catch the football, does not even have to be kicked in the end zone anymore to fair catch.  

Some of the top corners who were cut, Keith Taylor Jr I think could start as a boundary corner.  Best one unless King is healthy, he is the most proven but is some what old and has never lived up to expectations, is versatile.  Oruwairye is decent and I like Ojemudia in the slot same with Scott or Taylor.  Rochell has big time potential but not sure he has ever recovered from that injury.

Keith Taylor Jr
Desmond King II
Amani Oruwariye
Michael Ojemudia
Kindle Vildor
Josiah Scott
Reese Taylor
Mekhi Garner
Robert Rochell
Erik Hallett
Tiawan Mullen

Some OL to look at, if they think Leatherwood is too spendy Diesch could be very cheap and has good upside.  Unless they just want to role with three backup OL and that is it.  Phillips had potential and can play guard or tackle but clearly has some issues, and Broeker is just a rookie so who knows, but Ojukwu I would love and he is the best rookie out there currently I feel.

Alex Leatherwood
Kellen Diesch
John Ojukwu
Tyre Phillips
Nick Broeker

No clue why both were cut but some decent LBs, VanSumeren had a great preseason and I liked Morrow a lot last year for the Bears.  

Ben VanSumeren
Nicholas Morrow

Some DL, I would not hate bringing back McGill but not sure you cut Roy to do it though.  I like the energy he played with and when he was in with the 49ers last year he was impactful.  Gipson no clue why they cut him, but clearly that is not a need.  And Kaindoh has tons of upside but again not a real need.  

Trevis Gipson 
Joshua Kaindoh
TY McGill

Edited by Ozzy