Training Camp 2023

SemperFeist

TJ Hockenson arrived in Minnesota last fall via a rare midseason trade with division-rival Detroit. He's embraced everything — from learning the Vikings offense on the fly to attending Wild playoff games with teammates and a recent Twins game where his first pitch on SKOL Night was "just a bit outside," to borrow from Bob Uecker's Harry Doyle character in Major League.

The bonding opportunity with teammates, he said, is his favorite part of training camp. It's an appreciation that has grown through his first four-plus seasons.

Hockenson: "You look back at it, and it's a thing you're going to miss. It's one of those things where you get to be with the guys 24-7. Just the camaraderie, the brotherhood, it's incredible.  No distractions outside of anything, just hanging with the boys. You get done here, you go study at the hotel with them, and that's something you'll always miss when you're done playing, so that's just something you take in, especially me going into my fifth year and kind of learning that."

"When you're in your first few years, you're like, 'This sucks,' but now it's incredible to be here with the guys and enjoy these moments."

https://www.vikings.com/news/2023-tj-hockensons-growth-in-offense

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Hockenson: "You look back at it, and it's a thing you're going to miss. It's one of those things where you get to be with the guys 24-7. Just the camaraderie, the brotherhood, it's incredible.  No distractions outside of anything, just hanging with the boys. You get done here, you go study at the hotel with them, and that's something you'll always miss when you're done playing, so that's just something you take in, especially me going into my fifth year and kind of learning that."

So true, I have very fond memories of exactly this, even at the D3 level of college football.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

How? Please explain what was lazy about that. It was a hitch and the ball was out late and high.

I've watched it ten times. Yes, the pass is bad, but it looks like Reagor opened up late without any suddenness, and then doesn't attack the ball, taking one step away from the defender, giving Cine space to make a play on the ball.

Reagor isn't a good route runner so its not that surprising or anything new.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/3/10/22969646/eagles-all-22-film-review-jalen-reagor-philadelphia-wide-receiver-effort-routes-highlights-analysis

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I've watched it ten times. Yes, the pass is bad, but it looks like Reagor opened up late without any suddenness, and then doesn't attack the ball, taking one step away from the defender, giving Cine space to make a play on the ball.

After you wash out as an ineffective GM, you could try your hand at being a position coach.

I meanz, you gotz all da right wordz.

33 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Reagor isn't a good route runner so its not that surprising or anything new.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/3/10/22969646/eagles-all-22-film-review-jalen-reagor-philadelphia-wide-receiver-effort-routes-highlights-analysis

Yeah, this isn’t that.

Former USC teammates and 2023 draft classmates Jordan Addison and Mekhi Blackmon split a couple of reps, with Blackmon recording a pass breakup on one and Addison winning an out route.

Addison also showed up later in the practice in the lower red zone. Cousins worked the right side of the field but didn't see anyone open, so he turned and lofted the ball to his left. Addison smoothly jumped up and hauled in the catch for a touchdown.

https://www.vikings.com/news/2023-pads-make-debut-defensive-pressure-increases?fbclid=IwAR3dl9y8zrieqFliqfs0xvfZd-AfhbsYWq4utVmo9OxxaiB1yKgDYHWzG7k

57 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

with Murphy reduced to a rag doll on the ground too, and then yelling at himself about it. lol

The more I watch football, the more I appreciate how thin the lines are between average, good, great, elite, and generational professionals are.

• Like 4