Training Camp 2023

SemperFeist

I’m looking forward to seeing what Metellus’ role is going to be. Because it doesn’t sound like he’s one of the traditional safeties. 

So, is he looking to be one of two safeties on the field, just in a non conventional look? Or is he going to be the 3rd safety who on the field a lot. 

• Like 2

Just now, SemperFeist said:

It’s been 2 offseasons, and Kwesi has yet to sign anyone to a long term deal. 

I find it interesting too that he's even more close to the vest than Spielman was.  Spielman would always drop hints about his plan...KAM just always talks about the process, but never about the details of the plan.  "We have a process and we're planning for many different scenarios." 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I find it interesting too that he's even more close to the vest than Spielman was.  Spielman would always drop hints about his plan...KAM just always talks about the process, but never about the details of the plan.  "We have a process and we're planning for many different scenarios." 

I think that the little hit piece that some of the MN media went with during last years training camp caused Kwesi to tighten up on the information that he lets out. 

43 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s been 2 offseasons, and Kwesi has yet to sign anyone to a long term deal. 

What's long term? They did sign a blocking TE to a three year deal. Still trying to figure that out....

Edited by PrplChilPill

15 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

What's long term? They did sign a blocking TE to a three year deal. Still trying to figure that out....

You can't figure out why they would sign a young cheap piece with upside to address an area of concern where the player has a proven track record? They can cut him in year 3 and save ~5m in cap space.