Training Camp 2023

SemperFeist

The defense was outplaying the offense for the majority of training camp, but they are starting to figure things out. Getting routes in behind the blitz and staying patient is going to be key in doing so. On one blitz, Kirk Cousins hit K.J. Osborn on a glance route for 40+ yards. Those plays are great to see and should come more and more throughout the rest of training camp.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/minnesota-vikings-training-camp-practice-takeaways/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem_manual&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Kt3J6EvjvXTiGPc4jRXxD-eTSG9AoGCCqK3UwvT2WuG2eLIsTnzcjG6U

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Major" cuts predicted include Jaren Hall, DeWayne McBride, Esezi Otomewo, and S Jay Ward.    I can't say I agree with him outside of McBride, which is almost a guarantee, since he basically needs a redshirt year.  I'm cutting Blacklock over Otomewo. I'm also probably cutting Reagor (keeping Ward), putting Trishton Jackson and Thayer Thomas on the PS and calling them up if needed.   I actually could go either way on Hall.  If I think he would get claimed, I potentially might pull the trigger on Udoh and just let him go, hoping Chris Reed comes back sooner or later, which would leave Brandel, along with Lowe, to fill in at OT should either Darrisaw or O'Neill suffer injuries again.