Browns WR Marquise Goodwin diagnosed with "alarming" blood clots in multiple regions of his body

NudeTayne

I'm not great at this link thingy so maybe someone can help fix that. Anyway, this situation sounds scary but hopefully resolved soon. Goodwin has had a fun career and hopefully is back on the field soon with his high-end speed even at 32 years old.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/marquise-goodwin-has-blood-clots-in-his-legs-and-lungs

"The Browns placed veteran receiver Marquise Goodwin on the non-football illness list Friday, and now we know why.

Blood clots in his lungs and legs will force Goodwin to miss the start of training camp, the team announced. Goodwin, who is entering his 10th season, began experiencing discomfort in his legs and complained of shortness of breath during organized team activities this spring."

https://nypost.com/2023/07/21/browns-marquise-goodwin-has-blood-clots-in-legs-and-lungs/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This was from a few days ago but didn't see a thread.

Hummm That's strange because I also didn't see it online. Though, I'll have to ADMIT that I wasn't looking for young athletic men having issues with blood clots the past few years....I wonder why that is...Hummm   Plato's Allegory of the Cave has taught me a LOT about communication and for every action there is a reaction...

This guy has had a run of bad things happening in his life. I'll say his career is over. Why take risks if you really don't know what could happen. Safer to not play. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G said:

Hummm That's strange because I also didn't see it online. Though, I'll have to ADMIT that I wasn't looking for young athletic men having issues with blood clots the past few years....I wonder why that is...Hummm   Plato's Allegory of the Cave has taught me a LOT about communication and for every action there is a reaction...

This guy has had a run of bad things happening in his life. I'll say his career is over. Why take risks if you really don't know what could happen. Safer to not play. 

He has sickle cell which puts him at a substantially higher risk of developing blood clots

4 hours ago, G said:

Truelly intelligence 

• Like 1