Remaining 4 Games and Playoff Chances

Dingo18287

Carolina Panthers are currently 8-4 and the 6th seed in the NFC Playoffs

Week 14: Vikings at Panthers- Vikings are #1 seed of NFC

Week 15: Panthers at Green Bay- Likely to have Aaron Rodgers back.

Week 16: Bucs at Panthers- Bucs haven't been very good, but a Division game.

Week 17: Panthers at Falcons- Beat them earlier, but they're still a good team. Could have the final playoff spot implications.

Facing the #1 seed in the NFC at this time, and 2 potential Playoff teams in the final 4 weeks. I would not be surprised if the Panthers fail to make the playoffs this year. The Vikings, Saints, and Eagles have basically locked down spots. Seahawks are coming back hard and could catch the Rams, but the loser could grab the other Wild Card spot. Packs should win this week against Browns, and will have Aaron Rodgers ready to roll when we play them. Falcons could get hot again, and like I said earlier, that week 17 game could determine the final playoff position. Cowbioys and Lions need to win out, but is always doable. What's the confidence level of everyone? The Panthers need to go at minimum 2-2 these final 4 weeks to have a chance.

Panthers probably lose everything except Bucs game.

We could be seeing us, the Falcons (two games against Saints, us, and Tampa), and the Packers (Browns, us, Lions, Vikings) all going 9-7. And the Panthers would own the tiebreaker should that happen, shockingly.

A lot of clouded opinions about this team because of the Saints loss IMO.  You could play the "what if" game with just about any game admittedly, but there were a lot of things that didn't go our way.  The uncalled neutral zone infraction.  Our punter dropping the punt which would lead to a touchdown is something I would bank on not happening twice in a season.  Peppers being called for unnecessary roughness which took it from a field goal attempt to a touchdown. 

Saints were the better team and it's clear we aren't a good match-up against them.  However, 3 out of our last 4 games are at home.  We have a 2 game lead over the rest of the wild-card teams.  It's possible we lose out.  Our final four is tough.  But I'm confident.  

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

There's a thread for every NFC North Rival

Nothing wrong with that.  It just makes him coming into a thread about the Panthers talking about their playoff chances (as if what fans think about reflects what the players are thinking about) and talking about how the Vikings only focus on the "next opponent" not make any sense whatsoever.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Nothing wrong with that.  It just makes him coming into a thread about the Panthers talking about their playoff chances (as if what fans think about reflects what the players are thinking about) and talking about how the Vikings only focus on the "next opponent" not make any sense whatsoever.

Haha. I think fans get carried away with that sort of mentality. I'd very much hope the team has a different mind set than that of their fans!

Anyways, should be a good game this week. Hoping for noooo injuries!!

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Haha. I think fans get carried away with that sort of mentality. I'd very much hope the team has a different mind set than that of their fans!

I hope you guys blow chunks.. Hate MN. GO Packers.. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

And a win of course ;)

10 hours ago, iknowcool said:

A lot of clouded opinions about this team because of the Saints loss IMO.  You could play the "what if" game with just about any game admittedly, but there were a lot of things that didn't go our way.  The uncalled neutral zone infraction.  Our punter dropping the punt which would lead to a touchdown is something I would bank on not happening twice in a season.  Peppers being called for unnecessary roughness which took it from a field goal attempt to a touchdown. 

Saints were the better team and it's clear we aren't a good match-up against them.  However, 3 out of our last 4 games are at home.  We have a 2 game lead over the rest of the wild-card teams.  It's possible we lose out.  Our final four is tough.  But I'm confident.  

Same issues though.

Playcalling sucks. No run game. Matt Kalil. Except you have to throw in "terrible defense" for this past game. Which isn't going to help when we face three top ten offenses/QBs in the next four weeks. In fact, we haven't exactly performed well against good QBs this year at all. Even with the Falcons game, Julio straight up torched the defense and if not for his drop, we would have lost the game. And without Benji or Samuel I don't think we have it in us to win a shootout. Our receivers are terrible. Shepard has like four or five drops in the past three games. Even Funchess suffers from drops. Then Kaelin Clay, Brenton Bersin, and Damiere Byrd ain't much to work with either. Olsen is a question mark.

I just know better than to have faith.

On the plus side, Cam Newton played extremely well last game in spite of the lack of help around him.  I don't think we can say the defense is going to have too many games like that again.  They struggle the most in the 4th quarter, but they have performed well against good offenses this year.  Limited the Patriots to 16 points in the first 3 quarters.  Falcons only scored 17.  We did very well against the Eagles offense too - our offense just sputtered and kept giving the Eagles good field position.  It was a 10-10 game at halftime.

This team might not be a Super Bowl caliber team.  I'm not sure yet.  But we aren't just some mediocre squad.  We are a good team that will be getting Greg Olsen back this week.   

Archived