We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

2 minutes ago, Koolkai123 said:

He's gonna hire an OC this year, let him handle the personnel and see what happens, you're the browns it's not like you have a championship window or anything.

You have time so take your time

I could careless about Hue hiring an OC. Hue has shown enough he shouldnt be a HC. If the Browns had any kind of decent coaching out of him, they should of one at least one, maybe two games this year. Him completely trashing Crowell and taking away from his big run last week was straight pathetic out of Hue.

58 minutes ago, Koolkai123 said:

The season's lost so you might as well help develop your quarterback by having him throw the football, seems pretty reasonable tbh 

I don't agree with entirely.   I know what you are saying to develop kizer but hue never puts him a good position to develop.  With a young team and he abondons the run at the first sign of falling behind.  Does nothing but hurt kizer.   

1 hour ago, Koolkai123 said:

It was the clash with the front office that hurt the browns in my opinion

Hue tried to make a move to get a qb he was confident in but the front office messed it up, Y'all could have been in the same scenario as the Niners

I don't understand this logic at all. Hue was supposedly confident with RGIII, Kessler, and he had a say in drafting Kizer as well as in passing on Wentz/Dak (who this year proved he wasn't as good as advertised without Zeke taking so much pressure off him).

I assume I read all your posts in this section, but, you commenting "we are the Browns" should tell you we know a lot more about Hue's coaching then you do. Yes, he was an OC for the Bengals and did great with the talent you guys had, but, as an HC, he is absolute trash who throws both office personnel and his young players under the bus. I have never heard of an OC/HC down playing an amazing play by one of his players that for some reason are still playing even though they are probably more sick of him then us fans.

Outside of Wentz, I don't see how us getting Dak or giving up a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron would make us be similar to the 49ers. Garoppolo looks like a stud, but, also, it's amazing what a competent HC/OC will do for a young QB. The 49ers are getting their no-name receivers open and grooming Garoppolo correctly. Hue does not deserve to be mentioned with Kyle Shanahan in terms of his ability to play call and protect his young QB. I actually think Garoppolo, or whoever we draft at the #1 spot, will look terrible under Hue as he has proven these past 2 years that he cannot coach young players, which is a bad fit seeing as the Browns are the youngest team in the league.

Football is a business and in business, you get results or you are fired, there is no way around it, going 1-31 over 2 years shouts out, I am not a good HC, good HC's get rid of the junk on their team in season 1 and by season 2, have the players left who fit their schemes even if they lack talent and a decent HC in season 2, usually manages a minimum of 3 wins, he does not go 0-16 unless he absolutely has zero talent to be a NFL HC.

Hue simply can never, ever be a winning HC in the NFL, he stinks at his job when compared to every successful HC who has come before him and that is enough to warrant his firing!!!

There was no process, unless you call going backwards a process towards success, all we got was absolute, complete failure in anything he touched. Only an idiot like Haslam, would even consider keeping this guy on as their HC!!!

I'm pretty sure Hue will be a goner by Black Monday. The wheels have really fallen off for Hue since Dorsey came in. It started with a huge collapse versus Green Bay's backup QB and Hue now sounds like a man who has completely lost his mind in recent press conferences. Not to mention the huge embarrassment of high end draft candidates now strongly considering giving up one year of huge pay cheques to avoid this debacle of a franchise (not all Hue's fault -- team underwent an epic tear down when he took the reins and he was given Kizer, Kessler and Hogan as his QB room to start this season - good luck to any coach with that arsenal!). 

There's no way Dorsey will want to risk half of his life expectancy (2 years for a GM under Haslam) with Hue driving the bus and spinning the tires in a culture of losing. Even Haslam has to see how bad these last few weeks have been. I'm quite certain the voice of Jimmy's fresh new hire will have more influence than his 1 and 31 coach.

Merry Christmas to all and enjoy Black Monday next week.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Just read this Cueball statement in a post-game article:

"“This is not going to be who we are.”

Well, since you are who you are does this mean that "This" is going to be someone(s) else?

unless he plans to give the OC complete and full control but I highly doubt that.

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

unless he plans to give the OC complete and full control but I highly doubt that.

Yes, Hueball is a megalomaniac and will not hire anyone who would upstage his performance, tarnish his image?

I always have hired people who I thought were or could be better than me.

Always have thought that they would make me better.

I do not think that Hueball likes competition.

22 hours ago, Onizuka said:

I don't understand this logic at all. Hue was supposedly confident with RGIII, Kessler, and he had a say in drafting Kizer as well as in passing on Wentz/Dak (who this year proved he wasn't as good as advertised without Zeke taking so much pressure off him).

I assume I read all your posts in this section, but, you commenting "we are the Browns" should tell you we know a lot more about Hue's coaching then you do. Yes, he was an OC for the Bengals and did great with the talent you guys had, but, as an HC, he is absolute trash who throws both office personnel and his young players under the bus. I have never heard of an OC/HC down playing an amazing play by one of his players that for some reason are still playing even though they are probably more sick of him then us fans.

Outside of Wentz, I don't see how us getting Dak or giving up a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron would make us be similar to the 49ers. Garoppolo looks like a stud, but, also, it's amazing what a competent HC/OC will do for a young QB. The 49ers are getting their no-name receivers open and grooming Garoppolo correctly. Hue does not deserve to be mentioned with Kyle Shanahan in terms of his ability to play call and protect his young QB. I actually think Garoppolo, or whoever we draft at the #1 spot, will look terrible under Hue as he has proven these past 2 years that he cannot coach young players, which is a bad fit seeing as the Browns are the youngest team in the league.

Is it possible that Hue's confidence in his ability to coach damn near any QB there is ended up being what caused Sashi to not pull the trigger on one early? 

17 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Is it possible that Hue's confidence in his ability to coach damn near any QB there is ended up being what caused Sashi to not pull the trigger on one early? 

Good question.

Sashi must have doubted the "QB whisperer".

15 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Good question.

Sashi must have doubted the "QB whisperer".

Yeah since his only claim to fame was a career year by Dalton and middling performances by a young Flacco. He didn't do anything for Joey Harrington in Atlanta or Campbell/Palmer in Oakland. Cody Kessler has the 2nd highest rating of QBs that started the most games among QBs for their team in a season under Hue. Palmer/Campbell/Flacco etc... none of them ever had a 90 rating just the 2015 Dalton and 2016 Kessler.

Archived