Final 53 predictions

NYRaider

Pleased that Nesta, Bolton and Pola-Mao made it. Was hoping that Thomas would - but didn’t expect it. And really pleased that Koonce did. Would’ve liked to keep Willis as insurance, but was hoping that Koonce would be given a shot to be that 3rd down rusher. He offers something different to the other edge players. Let’s hope he can show it for real.

Bars being beaten out by Van Roten for the starting job is very good news and also pleased that Meredith’s solid play in preseason won him a job. I guess his versatility meant they felt they only needed 4 IOL and therefore no room for Curtis. And with Herron making it over Wagner - looks like they will be hoping to put the 2 UDFAs onto the PS.

I was a bit surprised how little a Curtis played in preseason, only seemingly in late in the fourth. Either they’re trying to keep his profile low to stash him or he was simply that low on the depth chart.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Remember when everybody was talking up Duke Shelley as a sleeper signing?

Yeh 😁 but still surprised Long made it over him, I thought Shelley looked better tbh even with the awful rebound TD in the first game.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Pleased that Nesta, Bolton and Pola-Mao made it. Was hoping that Thomas would - but didn’t expect it. And really pleased that Koonce did. Would’ve liked to keep Willis as insurance, but was hoping that Koonce would be given a shot to be that 3rd down rusher. He offers something different to the other edge players. Let’s hope he can show it for real.

Bars being beaten out by Van Roten for the starting job is very good news and also pleased that Meredith’s solid play in preseason won him a job. I guess his versatility meant they felt they only needed 4 IOL and therefore no room for Curtis. And with Herron making it over Wagner - looks like they will be hoping to put the 2 UDFAs onto the PS.

I was a bit surprised how little a Curtis played in preseason, only seemingly in late in the fourth. Either they’re trying to keep his profile low to stash him or he was simply that low on the depth chart.

Agree with all this, I have the same thought about Willis and probably would have kept him over one of the interior guys but good that they see something in Koonce and as you say, he offers something different, a pure speed and bend rusher.

Maybe they see Eluemunor and Munford as options to play inside, I think Munford did in college and that caused him to drop in the draft somewhat I’ve read. Wagner is listed on the Raiders website as on IR I think so they seem to be stashing him.

• Like 1

I never was all that optimistic about the signing of Jordan Willis to be honest so him being cut isn’t a big loss to me.  I only see him as a slightly above average run defender and think he’s a rather stiff pass rusher.  I’d much rather have Koonce because he plays ST’s and as a pass rusher can win with speed and agility.  Plus, I’d rather have the additional DT then keep a 5th DE.

Edited by jimkelly02

3 hours ago, reddevil said:

Yeah I’d say we are trying to stash Wagner. Id expect a few of those cut yesterday to be on PS. Facyson is likely on PUP. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if make a claim for Morrow, or if swing a trade using Amik. 

Merediths versatility got him on the team, likely we get Bars on PS as vet insurance. Muti as well. 

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I still think he’s better Amik. Duke will get picked up and play 

34 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Rather have kept him over Amik and some others.

5'6 CB that sucked for years and had 3 good games. Buddy got torched in the preseason against backups, good riddance.

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Agree with all this, I have the same thought about Willis and probably would have kept him over one of the interior guys but good that they see something in Koonce and as you say, he offers something different, a pure speed and bend rusher.

Maybe they see Eluemunor and Munford as options to play inside, I think Munford did in college and that caused him to drop in the draft somewhat I’ve read. Wagner is listed on the Raiders website as on IR I think so they seem to be stashing him.

Young didn't deserve to make this team to be honest, but he was a high 3rd rounder.