Should the Cardinals take Marvin Harrison Jr 1st overall next year if they get the pick?

NeptunePenguins

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

What is the trade value for kyler Murray?

What is the trade value for the first overall 

There is a excellent chance at trading down from there getting multiple number 1s plus land Harrison. 

I think either way the Cards are in good shape if they can manage to get that number 1 pick. Texans did some good stuff back to back this draft, and I could see the Cards pulling off an amazing draft next year as well. 

2 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I think either way the Cards are in good shape if they can manage to get that number 1 pick. Texans did some good stuff back to back this draft, and I could see the Cards pulling off an amazing draft next year as well. 

That said I think the Cardinals win more games then us and Houston wins more games than us next year.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Cards go 2-15

Kyler throws 38 tds 10 ints. 

No running game. 

Defense leaks like a sieve averages 38 points a game

Only way they take Marv jnr

Yeah that was one of the reasons why I think there is a slight chance they take Marv Jr. I feel if a scenario where in his limited time playing Kyler plays lights out but somehow ends up with the number one pick they end up keeping him and investing in the rest of the team, and that's only if neither of the top 2 QBs have a good season, because if one of them has a good one, especially a season for the ages I feel a GM will at least take a shot on them. 

23 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

With Kyler Murray on their roster it isn't impossible that they pick a wideout 1st overall.

Yes it is. Barring some sort of epic meltdown, Caleb Williams is practically already a lock to go to Arizona at #1 overall. And I don't even think Caleb Williams is THAT amazing. He's a great prospect, but I think Bryce Young is just as good of a prospect.

On 8/4/2023 at 8:06 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Cards go 2-15

Kyler throws 38 tds 10 ints. 

Kyler isn't posting 38/10 in the 6-8 games he'll play in post ACL recovery.

Part of the reason "move on from Kyler" makes sense is that he's going to be recovering from a knee injury. He's a QB who was pretty much worthless outside of using his athleticism to create plays - now he's having to demonstrate work ethic and consistency (not exactly two things he's known for) to get back onto the field to begin with, and who knows what he looks like without his elite ability to create plays off script.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Kyler isn't posting 38/10 in the 6-8 games he'll play in post ACL recovery.

Part of the reason "move on from Kyler" makes sense is that he's going to be recovering from a knee injury. He's a QB who was pretty much worthless outside of using his athleticism to create plays - now he's having to demonstrate work ethic and consistency (not exactly two things he's known for) to get back onto the field to begin with, and who knows what he looks like without his elite ability to create plays off script.

Didn't realize he was out that long 

I'll go 16/5 tds to ints.

Are they starting Colt McCoy? Bad news

• Like 1

You know, I will issue one caveat.  It would not be absolutely, astonishingly insane to pass on Caleb Williams if Maye and Nix or Travis or some other of the top QB prospects ball out AND the Texans' pick is in the top 5.

Even then, it's hard to see Williams not being the top guy, and not taking the top QB, when he's as good a prospect as Williams, is generally a bad idea no matter how great a receiver you pick up.

I mean, look at the Lions with Calvin Johnson.  Unquestionably the best receiver in the league for a good chunk of his career, and it still didn't really move the needle for the team.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

You know, I will issue one caveat.  It would not be absolutely, astonishingly insane to pass on Caleb Williams if Maye and Nix or Travis or some other of the top QB prospects ball out AND the Texans' pick is in the top 5.

Even then, it's hard to see Williams not being the top guy, and not taking the top QB, when he's as good a prospect as Williams, is generally a bad idea no matter how great a receiver you pick up.

I mean, look at the Lions with Calvin Johnson.  Unquestionably the best receiver in the league for a good chunk of his career, and it still didn't really move the needle for the team.

Yeah I do agree with that. The Cards before anything else need a stable QB situation. Honestly even before watching Williams play more I felt personally it would be wild to pass on him, but on the internet quite a few Cardinals fans where berating a guy saying "it would make no sense to use the overall on Caleb and to draft a wideout" and that made me think that there are actually some out there that would take a wideout number 1 overall. Anyways, watching even more of Williams and it seems the more I watch the more I think it would be a major mistake to pass on him. 

Yeah, even if Williams wasnt as highly touted as he is they should still take QB first overall. If they are bad enough to earn the #1 pick, that likely also means Kyler Murray had a terrible season in which you would have to have to think about replacing him regardless. 

The sand in the hourglass is running low for Kyler.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Yeah I do agree with that. The Cards before anything else need a stable QB situation. Honestly even before watching Williams play more I felt personally it would be wild to pass on him, but on the internet quite a few Cardinals fans where berating a guy saying "it would make no sense to use the overall on Caleb and to draft a wideout" and that made me think that there are actually some out there that would take a wideout number 1 overall. Anyways, watching even more of Williams and it seems the more I watch the more I think it would be a major mistake to pass on him. 

Yeah.  If you can secure another great QB prospect later, then it's potentially OK, but it's a huge gamble.  And it gives off passing-on-Lawrence-for-Wilson vibes to me.

Wait, do Cards fans still believe in Kyler Murray?  You have a chance to take a legitimate franchise QB you take it.  You trade Murray and don't think about it(you won't get much) but the Cardinals are going to be a disaster with Gannon coaching that team and the fans should embrace getting rid of both Gannon and Murray after 1 year of that marriage.

Or don't and be irrelevant for a long time.  Not going to hurt anyone else's feelings.