NFL Running Back Conference Mafia!-- game over. Mod error

bcb1213

" the bulk of mafia games hinge not on a single heroic case catching a wolf, but on villagers gradually, slowly, painstakingly removing each other from the mislynch pool"

^ this was the best mafia game I've ever played

We won and I lead town by doing the 1st sentence. I kept taking players out of the mislynch pool until scum didn't have any more options. 

• Like 1

I 100% agree with that strategy, and I feel like that's how we all play. It's why phrases like "town lean" and "cleared" float around all the time

Also it's day 1. the box is full at this point, and nobody should be out of the pool of candidates at this point

Just now, Tk3 said:

I 100% agree with that strategy, and I feel like that's how we all play. It's why phrases like "town lean" and "cleared" float around all the time

Also it's day 1. the box is full at this point, and nobody should be out of the pool of candidates at this point

But you said my strategy felt like I was trying to pocket people lol. I admit I shouldn't town him just off of that. 

26 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I guess it seems weird that you are putting heavy town reads on something so minimal

Your strategy sounds like the classic scum strategy where you are trying to cozy up to a handful of town players and basically just try to get town on your side and skate by in that group

White knighting Naz would be a legendary move 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Care to explain that though lt a little further?

I don't look for reasons why someone is scum for the most part. Town can do scummy things. Town can look scummy for reasons you don't have all the information for. 

I look for reasons to put people in my town core. The remaining players are put into a "box" where they typically must start cannabalizing the other people in the "box" for misyeets. 

I actually don’t like the vanilla town claim moreso because:

A: It gives scum an indicator of who not to kill

B: It sets up an easy Town lunch where reads are minimal because everyone can say “We aren’t out anything by testing this theory.”

C: As VT I would argue that your job would be to look more powerful and subtly hint that you have a power so as to draw a hit at some point, unless maybe you’re an elite thread player, and even then, it’s often not the best decision 

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I actually don’t like the vanilla town claim moreso because:

A: It gives scum an indicator of who not to kill

B: It sets up an easy Town lunch where reads are minimal because everyone can say “We aren’t out anything by testing this theory.”

C: As VT I would argue that your job would be to look more powerful and subtly hint that you have a power so as to draw a hit at some point, unless maybe you’re an elite thread player, and even then, it’s often not the best decision 

I think those things are correct and I would agree claiming VT isn't optimal for the game

But none of that makes Nazgul scum for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I think those things are correct and I would agree claiming VT isn't optimal for the game

But none of that makes Nazgul scum for it. 

Definitely not. That said, what actually sticks out the most about it would be that he said he was on a rookie deal. Guys like that want to get PAID…they’re not guys who have gotten paid already.

If anything, I’d say your high paid RB would be vanilla as opposed to guys wanting a second or third contract who are being exploited by their rookie deals and franchise tags.

• Like 1