Titans @ Bears - 1pmET/12pmCST

TitanLegend

My thoughts:

Spears is a BALLER!!

Chestnut needs to be ahead of Haskins.. I honestly don’t see what Haskins brings to the table.

Jackson and Harrison stood out at WR. Jackson had the best kick return of the game. I could see him sneaking on the 53 or taking Kinseys beloved PS spot.

Back OL and DL are not that good. We couldn’t generate pressure or stop pressure.

IDK who Garror is but he was balling today.

Gibbens is slow af

Edited by 615finest

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Very over Malik Willis.

He’s a project he’s only going to get better with reps, it’s the same thing we witnessed with McNair early in his career. Gotta have patience. He does look better & comfortable compared to last yr, though still process the game slow & footwork get skittish but give him time. His potential reminds me of McNair if he can get there.

20 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s a project he’s only going to get better with reps, it’s the same thing we witnessed with McNair early in his career. Gotta have patience. He does look better & comfortable compared to last yr, though still process the game slow & footwork get skittish but give him time. His potential reminds me of McNair if he can get there.

The only way it's the same is that McNair wasn't very good when he came in, kinda like how Malik isn't good. The difference is, the level in which McNair wasn't good and the level in which Willis isn't good are miles apart.

15 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The only way it's the same is that McNair wasn't very good when he came in, kinda like how Malik isn't good. The difference is, the level in which McNair wasn't good and the level in which Willis isn't good are miles apart.

I agree somewhat, but I wouldn’t say miles apart because McNair pretty much didn’t play till his 3rd yr in the league he played 4 games his 2nd yr but it’s hard to judge someone without a full season of film.. we on yr 2 with Willis my guy 😖 it’s not gone get better for our eyes anytime soon

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Willis just has weird mechanics. He looks odd out there. And the ball seems to always come out higher than it should.

He pats the damn ball too much he’s a set thrower he can throw when his feet are under him & set. When he has to climb the pocket his footwork gets skittish & when he throws it’s high or wobbly. Even at practice any drill that involves footwork he moves kinda odd looking it’s not smooth like he has a feel or rhythm if that makes sense 

• Like 1

My feelings about Willis today can best be described as Radunz against the 49ers. The bar is so low that sure he allowed a sack, three or four pressures, but it wasn’t a complete disaster so it can almost be considered a success.

There’s obvious and significant growth from last year. Multiple times you saw him stand in a clean pocket and at least come off of his first read and find his check down. But he also missed some passes high and had two turnovers. Overall, he looked like he could become an NFL QB. Which after his rookie season, is a clear step in the right direction.

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

My feelings about Willis today can best be described as Radunz against the 49ers. The bar is so low that sure he allowed a sack, three or four pressures, but it wasn’t a complete disaster so it can almost be considered a success.

There’s obvious and significant growth from last year. Multiple times you saw him stand in a clean pocket and at least come off of his first read and find his check down. But he also missed some passes high and had two turnovers. Overall, he looked like he could become an NFL QB. Which after his rookie season, is a clear step in the right direction.

I still want the kid to stick around, & I hope he develops ion know why but he really reminds me of Steve, I think that’s his ceiling if he ever can reach it. Just have to be patient with him. 

1st string oline looked MUCH better than last years.. As soon as they came off the field oh man... 8 or 9 sacks whatever it was is so so sad but yet LOOOOKED just like last year so lets pray everyone and I mean everyone on the line stays healthy or the wheels are coming off this thing quick imo. 

The whole back up QB thing to me is whatever. I like that malik  is throwing the ball now.. Even if they high passes and Will didnt have a chance lol

Spears is the guy that obv caught everyones eye. IMO he is clearly RB2... Haskins is just slow man idk

Edited by VY-FTW

43 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I still want the kid to stick around, & I hope he develops ion know why but he really reminds me of Steve, I think that’s his ceiling if he ever can reach it. Just have to be patient with him. 

I absolutely keep him around, even if they like Levis as QB2. He was always a project and seems to be putting the work in to improve. There’s no sense bailing before Year 2.

only real problem i had with levis is his internal clock needs some serious work. can’t be holding the ball like that at all, and inability to sense the rush was a serious issue in college too. he flashed a couple times getting out of the pocket and making plays but he’s just gotta operate way faster and more consistently doing that. all things considered tho, he ran the offense well and tossed a couple of nice balls. not that it matters at all in the grand scheme of things, but his debut actually compared rather favorably to the other top rookie QBs.

willis i felt produced higher highs and lower lows. he’s quite obviously made a jump from last year and is playing with a lot more decisiveness. his footwork and mechanics are still a mess, and- surprise surprise- that leads to significant accuracy issues. he also holds the ball too long, though he displays more of a feel for pressure and natural elusiveness than levis. 

really, i felt pretty much fine with where both the QBs are at. don’t really understand the dramatics about either of them. 

other notes-

tyjae spears looked great, and it has to be noted that the starting OL did a nice job- hopefully a sign of things to come. OL depth, however…yikes!

really nothing to be said about the defense at all. the majority of dudes out there were guys we should hope to see rarely or never in a regular season game. the exception is Jack gibbens, who i have a depressing feeling is going to be a vrabel favorite even as he repeatedly demonstrates that he’s not physically cut out to be an nfl linebacker.

tre’shaun harrison and kearis jackson looked like fast, fluid playmakers who could come in as depth pieces if we needed them to, but i’m sure we’ll keep racey mcmath because he’s an all world gunner or whatever and chris moore because he’s old and played in houston despite his almost sabotaging the opening drive like 3 times. such is the way of the titans WR room

also, why haven’t we cut Haskins yet? one of the most dull, uninspiring RBs ever to put on the titans uniform, on top of the DV incident. julius chestnut is clearly more worthy of a roster spot.

51 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

really nothing to be said about the defense at all. the majority of dudes out there were guys we should hope to see rarely or never in a regular season game. the exception is Jack gibbens, who i have a depressing feeling is going to be a vrabel favorite even as he repeatedly demonstrates that he’s not physically cut out to be an nfl linebacker.

Definitely have the same feeling about Gibbens. Work ethic and smarts can only take you so far. It’d be fine as a depth ILB and ST player, but he’s clearly being penciled into a role that he is just not talented enough to fill. Teams are going to force him to play in space and he’s going to be killed. He’s like the anti-David Long, which is probably why Vrabel is in love with him.

57 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

also, why haven’t we cut Haskins yet? one of the most dull, uninspiring RBs ever to put on the titans uniform, on top of the DV incident. julius chestnut is clearly more worthy of a roster spot.

I assumed before today that Haskins was essentially off the roster. I knew he hadn’t been cut, but figured he wasn’t practicing or participating while the DV case played out. To see him get second team work at RB and KR reps is baffling. He’s just bad. And bad players don’t typically survive a DV charge (not that good players should, but we know how the world works). There’s at least three RBs on the roster and  probably 50 sitting in FA that can offer more than Haskins does.

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Definitely have the same feeling about Gibbens. Work ethic and smarts can only take you so far. It’d be fine as a depth ILB and ST player, but he’s clearly being penciled into a role that he is just not talented enough to fill. Teams are going to force him to play in space and he’s going to be killed. He’s like the anti-David Long, which is probably why Vrabel is in love with him.

Jeff fisher 2.0 who remembers Ryan Fowler, it was clear as day Tulluch was better than him & should start at ILB but no fisher preferred a big MLB who couldn’t move in space.