Field of Dreams Mafia - D1 Now, N1 Friday at 10 pm eastern

Pickle Rick

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

The Reds don't suck, it's been like 42 years since they were any good, ok a little long but still, They haven't won a postseason game since before  I was in high school

I really should go to the Jays/Reds games this weekend.....but can't 

13 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Barry Bonds is the beginning of New Blood baseball. He ain't yesteryear. 

All those other guys would be complete scrubs today. Yeah I said it 

Willie and Hank wouldn’t be scrubs at all and neither would Gwynn. You have to be joking.

7 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

The Reds don't suck, it's been like 42 years since they were any good, ok a little long but still, They haven't won a postseason game since before  I was in high school

Yeah let’s complain to a Cleveland fan about the tough times and droughts for the Reds. Plus they won a WS in 1990.

29 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yay Elly de la Cruz!! Also Abbott maybe? 

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Willie and Hank wouldn’t be scrubs at all and neither would Gwynn. You have to be joking.

Mays would definitely be a scrub my dude. Like his best play is some overhead catch that any high-A player would make in their sleep nowadays. Like what would he be good at today? Average center fielder that they'd probably have to move to right or left honestly with his limited range. Like yeah he's got a high batting average but okay he'd hit a bunch of singles and then steal second that's not winning baseball

Hank Aaron would be the AAA version of Judge tbh. Like cool the dude can hit home runs. All of his Gold Gloves were just media biased and he'd probably be relegated to pure DH at best and probably only against lefty starters tbh 

Yeah I'm joking

24 minutes ago, The Orca said:

In yesteryear, Ohtani would have had no MLB career after his arm got amputated 

If Ohtani existed in yesteryear he'd go by "Tungsten Arm O'Doyle" and banish all memory of some guy named George Ruth to the footnotes of baseball history 

23 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Yay Elly de la Cruz!! Also Abbott maybe? 

Elly needs to ditch the switch hitting, he has a horrible hole in his swing down and in when he's batting right handed

Abbott is really good.  McClain is also for real.  Steer looks solid and I love Friedl.  They have a really strong core assuming Greene and Lodolo can stay healthy

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Mays would definitely be a scrub my dude. Like his best play is some overhead catch that any high-A player would make in their sleep nowadays. Like what would he be good at today? Average center fielder that they'd probably have to move to right or left honestly with his limited range. Like yeah he's got a high batting average but okay he'd hit a bunch of singles and then steal second that's not winning baseball

Hank Aaron would be the AAA version of Judge tbh. Like cool the dude can hit home runs. All of his Gold Gloves were just media biased and he'd probably be relegated to pure DH at best and probably only against lefty starters tbh 

Yeah I'm joking

Aaron is towards the top all time in WAR and Mays was an elite athlete with elite power in a stadium where it took a handful or more of homers away each year.

Aaron Judge is the most overrated player in my lifetime. He’s older than Bryce Harper and been around 1/2 as long.

• Like 1