Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

Interviewing two guys from the same team is an opportunity for a team to harvest an additional opinion about the guy they are really interested in. Or to harvest twice as much information about a division rival if they ultimately are interested in neither. 

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

No doubt has he earned it, and it will be great for his future.

Could he possibly leave to take a coaching job and maybe follow Shurmur and actually be able to call his own plays?

He won't follow Shumur to be DC, with a team that likely has way less defensive talent then Vikings.

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

No doubt has he earned it, and it will be great for his future.

Could he possibly leave to take a coaching job and maybe follow Shurmur and actually be able to call his own plays?

I've seen people suggest that, but I personally think it has no merit.  Shurmur and him have no history together outside of this stint and I think Edwards, if Shurmur leaves, will only have his power grow on the defense here, because ZImmer may have to spend more time with the offensive staff, especially if Stefanski is promoted.  

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I'm happy that no one talking about Priefer.

I want him to be the future coach once Zimmer moves on.

Priefer would run the ST and game management, and give play calling duties to both his OC and DC.

I'd be okay with it, but I'm pretty sure Kluwe would be upset.  :D

Honestly, I have no idea what direction to go once Zimmer decides to retire to the ranch.  Maybe it's Priefer, maybe it's Edwards, maybe it's someone completely new outside the organization.  I'm not ready for that yet, because this has been too fun.  

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Probably not. A lot of rumors of him heading down to Oak/Vegas with Gruden for the DC job. If Edwards leaves, maybe

Why would Edwards leave? There has been no interest in him as a possible HC so far, however, I could see him getting some interviews to fulfill the Rooney Rule requirement once teams identify their top candidate.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Why would Edwards leave? There has been no interest in him as a possible HC so far, however, I could see him getting some interviews to fulfill the Rooney Rule requirement once teams identify their top candidate.

Besides the request that just got put in this morning for the Head Coaching position?

I said that in the last page because I also thought it most likely is for the Rooney Rule.

I mean, I wouldn't be completely shocked if he wanted a DC job that would allow him to actually call the defensive plays, especially if he has a goal in the Future to become a Head Coach. Will be hard to actually be taken seriously and get one without ever being the play caller.

46 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I'd be okay with it, but I'm pretty sure Kluwe would be upset.  :D

Honestly, I have no idea what direction to go once Zimmer decides to retire to the ranch.  Maybe it's Priefer, maybe it's Edwards, maybe it's someone completely new outside the organization.  I'm not ready for that yet, because this has been too fun.  

Anything to upset Kluwe is a win in my book!

4 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Since Marvin Lewis just got an extension, I don't think it's likely that Guenther goes anywhere.

I don't think so. Most of the reports now are that now that Lewis is signed he is going to be looking elsewhere for a job. Sounds like he is upset about it and way eyeing the HC job there.

cincijungle and PFT both have reported that along with a few other sites.

Archived