2023 Offensive line.

Old Guy

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

https://x.com/PFF_Brad/status/1706407918134833572?t=fco7kxG6P-NXWoaJywZ2PA&s=19

I don't know how to embed the tweet but we might have a player in Rasheed Walker

It would be unprecedented to have a long-term(say, about three season) starter at LT from the 7th round.

Closest we've come to that is Karl Swanke, drafted in the 6th round in 1980, and spent two years on the bench before moving up the depth chart. He was gone once Ken Ruettgers was drafted in the 1st Round in '85.

49 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

It would be unprecedented to have a long-term(say, about three season) starter at LT from the 7th round.

Closest we've come to that is Karl Swanke, drafted in the 6th round in 1980, and spent two years on the bench before moving up the depth chart. He was gone once Ken Ruettgers was drafted in the 1st Round in '85.

Now days everybody wanna talk like they got something to say but nothing comes out when they move their lips. Just a bunch of jibberish and MFers act like they forgot about Mark Tauscher.

10 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Now days everybody wanna talk like they got something to say but nothing comes out when they move their lips. Just a bunch of jibberish and MFers act like they forgot about Mark Tauscher.

"You are dumb Private Pyle, but do you expect me to believe you don't know left from right?!"

Edited by Zycho32
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

It's also hard to ignore the fact that he wasn't a 7th round prospect by most grades.  He was viewed as a late Day 2, early Day 3 but fell in the draft due to maturity concerns.  The talent on the tape was obvious.

Through 3 games Jordan Love has been sacked 3 times. 

1 was on Love when he decided to scramble through a covered up hole when nobody was open. 

1 was a mental error where Rasheed Walker blocked the wrong guy on a blitz.

1 was a mental error where AJ Dillon blocked the wrong guy on a blitz. 

Lord knows this unit hasn't been perfect so far, but they've been magnificent keeping the sacks down. 

• Like 4

Based on our allpro left side collapsing after week one, I have been pretty happy with these guys so far. I really want 69 and 74 back in there full strength after the break. Looks like that’s not to be with Bakh but playing over 50% of the games vs under will be a big deal there. Walker keeps developing, I don’t think he reaches his ceil this season but he’s definitely on a faster track with these starts. Nijman seems like short term insurance at this point but I’ve seen him play quality snaps. I understand giving the snaps to the young guy who will be here next year all things being equal. If our young interior guys take a step this year the future will be bright. 

13 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

I know he was a right tackle, but Mark Tauscher was a damn good pick for the 7th round.   In my mind he probably could have been a functional left tackle as well had the team needed that at the time.

49 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I know he was a right tackle, but Mark Tauscher was a damn good pick for the 7th round.   In my mind he probably could have been a functional left tackle as well had the team needed that at the time.

Tauscher was awesome. One of my favorite Packers. What he could have been is irrelevant to the conversation. What he was though, was an outstanding RT and an absolute steal in the draft. 

This conversation happens to be about a 7th round LT, which he was not. What you think he could have done he did not do. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Tauscher was awesome. One of my favorite Packers. What he could have been is irrelevant to the conversation. What he was though, was an outstanding RT and an absolute steal in the draft. 

This conversation happens to be about a 7th round LT, which he was not. What you think he could have done he did not do. 

Just pointing out another great pick.  Didn’t know anybody would be so bothered by it.  

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

FFS why rag on just a opinion, he even said that Tausher was a steal, and simply added that he may have been a good LT as well, Chill out

10 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

So Walker- Jenkins -Myers- Runyan-Tom.

Is our line of the future? Can Ryhan make the jump?

Also maybe a high end pick for Center/R.Guard next year? Both Runyan and Myers are on the last year of their contracts. 

Don't think we keep both.

Myers is in year 3 and will be given every shot to keep the starting position. If he still never gets past average and can’t get the mental mistakes down near zero, we will replace him.  I hope one of the young interior guys becomes serviceable to good, but I agree we look for a mauler of a guard next year. Runyan has done everything asked of him, but could walk if we feel we can replace him and save a little cap. I guess it depends on his market but I hope he’s healthy and kickin’ tail this whole season. 

Edited by Refugee