Preseason Week 3 GDT: BEARS VS BILLS

Ty21

I was going to comment about how I hadn't seen anything from Scott as a returner, on the play he flashed a big return. 

Disappointed we can't seem to get him involved on offense though. 

Regarding Bagent, he had seemed to come back down to earth today overall so far.... You can tell the wrs aren't getting open and the OL is still struggling. If anything it helps Field's case a bit.. 

He's noticeably improved as the backups on d come in..... And right mid sentence typing that he threw a pick. 

Bagent looking better and better as buffalo gets deeper into the depth chart. Good to see. 

And oof, that rookie who just got hurt, aside from being a high upside depth OL, kid can't catch a break... Was his big problem in college too, and the only reason he wasn't a relatively early-mid round draft pick. 

2 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

It's not perfect, but Bagent looked like a Veteran who can lead the team and move the chain.  He has earned the QB2 in my opinion.

Was it the 50% completion or interception that sealed it for you?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

So EQ St Brown didn’t accrue a single stat this preseason, Pettis went for 13 total yards. Surely we aren’t keeping both over Fountain or Webster, who both impressed at times. 

Well Pettis is getting paid to be part of the team this season, he was put on IR. 

Quick watch.

First string kinda got whooped by Buffalo first string.  Which sucks, but not unexpected with injuries and lack of practice to a lot of key guys. 

Fields took a wicked hit.

Moore is a stud.

Oline went from looking great at full strength even minus Davis to pretty crappy real quick.  A lot less push and physicality without Jenkins out there. 

Carson catches that TD pass the INT never happens on next play and people are feeling really good about a developmental young QB who I remind people was getting 4th string practice reps up until last week.  Meaning he gets maybe a handful of reps a practice, sometimes none.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Quick watch.

First string kinda got whooped by Buffalo first string.  Which sucks, but not unexpected with injuries and lack of practice to a lot of key guys. 

Fields took a wicked hit.

Moore is a stud.

Oline went from looking great at full strength even minus Davis to pretty crappy real quick.  A lot less push and physicality without Jenkins out there. 

Carson catches that TD pass the INT never happens on next play and people are feeling really good about a developmental young QB who I remind people was getting 4th string practice reps up until last week.  Meaning he gets maybe a handful of reps a practice, sometimes none.

Agreed on all accounts.

Most notable things for me this game where:

1. The OL isn't just A problem, it's THE problem.   This is to the point where we need to hti waivers or trade.

2. If the OL isn't fixed, Bagent is going to be the Bears starting QB for at least a few games this year....  I'm also not sure he ever gives that job back.... nor do I yet think it prevents us from drafting QB high next season, when imo our two first rounders would be better spent on WR and OL.

Minor things:

1. Fields had a bad game.....  I get why they pulled him after the shot he took, but guy barely showed anything teh whole preseason as a passer.

2. I'm less concerned with Bagent's INT than I am with WHY it was an INT. Either it was Daurice Fontaine (spelling?) ran the wrong route, or Bagent showed a flash of panic/loss of focus from the previous play's TD drop. We obviously all hope it was the former, rather than the latter, since the former is much easier to fix.

3. Bagent, similar to Fields, struggled early in the game when the Bills had more of their better players on the field. Getting a more direct comparison to JF1 was nice to see and frankly helps better evaluate both players.

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

1. Fields … barely showed anything teh whole preseason as a passer.

He threw 8 passes. 

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

3. Bagent, similar to Fields, struggled early in the game when the Bills had more of their better players on the field. Getting a more direct comparison to JF1 was nice to see and frankly helps better evaluate both players.

You do know that Bagent has zero chance to unseat Fields, right? He’s not being evaluated against Fields by anyone other than apparently by you. He’s competing with Nathan Peterman and PJ Walker, both of whom also have zero chance to unseat Fields. 

• Like 1