RB: Breece Hall 7.10

TE: Darren Waller 5.10

BE: James Conner 8.1

BE: Isaiah Pacheco 9.10

BE: Gabe Davis 10.1

BE: Skyy Moore 11.10

BE: Zay Flowers 12.1

BE: Jared Goff 13.10

I didnt love taking Davante at 11 overall but I had to take Henry 1.10 and with starting 3 WRs and Kelce taken, I couldnt pass him up

I dont love DK but Watson was awesome value, I considered him where I got DK

Punting on RB 2 was a good move imo because I love the Breece-Conner-Pacheco trio for RB2. Breece and Pacheco might be slow to start so maybe Conner is RB2 while they work it out. 

Went with high-upside plays for bench WRs

I rarely take QB early but I hated the RB/WR options there and getting difference makers at QB/WRs in smaller leagues is a bigger edge

Overall I dont love it but I think its solid

That’s a strong team, I don’t really think you punted on Rb2 between Conner and Breece.

nitpicking, but I don’t think you really need to be rostering Goff as a qb2. I’d rather throw a dart on a rb with injury upside (not sure who is available).

22 hours ago, UK Baz said:

10 team non ppr 

QB: Geno Smith, Kirk Cousins

RB: Austin Ekeler, Bijan Robinson, James Conner, David Montgomery, J.K Dobbins

WR: Amon-Ra St Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Christian Watson, Diontae Johnson, Treylon Burks

TE: Dallas Goedert, Dalton Kincaid

K: Eddy Pineiro

😧 Chiefs

Need to drop one as I've got Dobbins on injury reserve. While dropping Dobbins to injury reserve, I picked up Jerick Mckinnon and someone traded Bijan Robinson for him. 

Nice team. I don’t really understand what happened. Are you saying that you got Bijan for McKinnon? If that’s correct, I want in your league lol.

I think you’ve  got a lot of options to open a spot on your roster.  I’d look to drop either Cousins or Kincaid. In a 10 no need to roster either a 2nd QB or TE (unless it’s a league where you’re starting a 2nd at either position).

Edited by 101Raider

24 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

That’s a strong team, I don’t really think you punted on Rb2 between Conner and Breece.

nitpicking, but I don’t think you really need to be rostering Goff as a qb2. I’d rather throw a dart on a rb with injury upside (not sure who is available).

Yea Goff probably will be dropped before Week 1. He was my last pick before DST & Kicker lol

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Oh my bad, so the format is:

2 RB

2 WR

1 FLEX

1 TE

I just left off TE because I figured everyone had to start 1. 

I dont love flexing a RB in PPR especially someone like Akers who doesnt catch a ton but unfortunately that wast he way the draft went

I get it.  I would probably drop one of Tank/Roschon and grab a WR with upside.  Either a rookie or another 3rd WR who could break out depending on who is available like Alec Pierce, Kalil Shakur, Jayden Reed, Romeo Doubs, Tank Dell, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Puka Nacua/Tutu Atwell etc.  I think your upside there is better than the returns you will get from one of those RBs early on and gives you that PPR upside.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 101Raider said:

So just had my big annual 12 team Superflex draft.  0.5PPR,  4pt per passing TD and w/ 3 pt bonus for 300yds passing, 100 yds rushing or recieving.  

Didn't go into the draft with the intention of going zero rb, but that's where the flow took me...  Always went fairly heavy at the rb position in the past so it honeslty feels odd, but I like how it turned out (especially at the obvious wr position).

Had the #1 overall pick, but traded out for a 1st and 2nd round swap with another player at #4 (So had #4, #20 and then resumed the #1 draft slot).

Starting Roster:

QB: Jalen Hurts

WR: Cooper Kupp

WR: CeeDee Lamb

RB: James Cook

RB: David Mongomery

TE: Darren Waller

Q/W/R/T: Anthony Richardson

W/R/T: DeVonta Smith

K: TBD

Defense: Saints (tip: check their schedule for the 1st 6 weeks for those streaming)

This team looks incredible. a Top-3 QB and probably a strong case for another around #12 followed by a Top-3, Top-8 and Top-15 WR? Even though RB isnt perfect you shouldnt have been able to do this. Love Waller too on top of that. Easily Top-3 TE potential. Cook and Monty arent in my Top-20 RBs but both in my Top-25. Overall I think you crushed it

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 7:32 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

10 team league, picked 10th non-PPR

QB: Josh Allen 3.10

WR: Davante Adams 2.1

WR: DK Metcalf 4.1

WR: Christian Watson 6.1

RB: Derrick Henry 1.10

RB: Breece Hall 7.10

TE: Darren Waller 5.10

BE: James Conner 8.1

BE: Isaiah Pacheco 9.10

BE: Gabe Davis 10.1

BE: Skyy Moore 11.10

BE: Zay Flowers 12.1

BE: Jared Goff 13.10

I didnt love taking Davante at 11 overall but I had to take Henry 1.10 and with starting 3 WRs and Kelce taken, I couldnt pass him up

I dont love DK but Watson was awesome value, I considered him where I got DK

Punting on RB 2 was a good move imo because I love the Breece-Conner-Pacheco trio for RB2. Breece and Pacheco might be slow to start so maybe Conner is RB2 while they work it out. 

Went with high-upside plays for bench WRs

I rarely take QB early but I hated the RB/WR options there and getting difference makers at QB/WRs in smaller leagues is a bigger edge

Overall I dont love it but I think its solid

This is a very solid team.  Is this your main non-ppr team you keep asking about? I thought that was a bigger league so not sure. 

I agree that dropping Goff makes sense.  In a 10 man league, having backup QBs isn't all that important unless you don't have one of the top 6/7 guys and want to play matchups or the hot hand but you will never sit Allen other than the bye week.  Grabbing another high upside WR, I am sure a bunch of rookies are on the waiver wire like Rice, Mingo, Reed, Mims in a 10 team league so would take a chance on one of them and be quick to swap out if they don't get early work.  

I really don't like Davante at 11, but I understand the pick.  I just don't trust him at this point with a crappier QB and a RB holding out who may get hurt and make it tougher on Adams.  Plus he is aging and all those factors often lead to a fantasy drop off like Deandre Hopkins of the last couple of years.  I would have rather have gone with Diggs, AJ Brown, ARSB, Garrett Wilson, or Waddle if you were going to go WR there.  I have avoided Adams this year and like the situations and youth of these other guys.  I do hate the 10-17 rankings a lot tbh so picking 10th is a tough draw. 

I agree that Watson and Hall are steals where you drafted them.  I have both much higher.  

Derrick Henry scares me too since the last time he had 350 carries in a season he broke down the next year and he is older.  If he is healthy though he is a steal there in a standard league.  He is similar to Adams in I just dont trust the age/situation/wear and tear so have typically avoided him at his cost but in a standard league you can't pass him up at 10.  I do have Pollard ahead of him though and think he would have been a better pick with top 5 upside.  That being said, punting on RB2 worked out great since I think you grabbed a very solid group of RBs.  

Overall you have a good team as long as the older guys do what they typically have done and don't fall off. 

This is my 12 team auction draft, .5 PPR and 6 pts all TDs.  I was price gauging CMC because he was $10 lower than Ekeler and I ended up getting him so had to alter my plans at that point.  He scares me because of injury like Mike Trout in baseball but he is huge if healthy.  I was not fully focused for a few minutes and missed a couple guys I really wanted like Waddle who went way too cheap but overall I am happy with the team.  There are IDP guys but I never spend more than #1 on them and swap them out throughout the year so won't add them. 

QB: Dak Prescot
RB: CMC
RB: Tony Pollard
WR: DeVonta Smith
WR: Drake London
TE: Cole Kmet
FLEX: Dionte Johnson

Bench:
QB: Anthony Richardson
RB: Roschon Johnson
RB: Tank Bigsby
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Marvin Mims
WR: Jonathan Mingo
TE: Dalton Kincaid

My quick assessment: I have CMC top 5 and Pollard top 15, so getting both of them is a big win for me.  Especially because I got Pollard for the same price as Kenneth Walker (a bunch of MSU fans in our league), and $1 more than Najee Harris and Josh Jacobs. I have DeVonta Smith as a top 25 player too so if I did a snake draft and got CMC at 3, Pollard at 22, and then Smith at 27, I would be ecstatic. That would then mean I took Drake London at 46 and Dionte Johnson at 51.  Thats a little high for both on most lists and ADP wise but this is where I hate the vets in this range and prefer the upside of London to DJ Moore, Terry Mclaurin, and Chris Godwin etc. Then the next turn would be James Cook at 70 and Dak at 75.  I think that is solid value for Cook and a little high for Dak but reasonable if he is the best QB available. This is where I start to even out in a snake draft vs auction IMO.  The next turn would be Michael Thomas and Cole Kmet at 94 and 99 which is about a round early for both and then some mix of the rookies at 118, 127, 142, 147, 166, and 171.  I think the combined group of Richardson, Mims, Mingo, Kincaid, Bigsby and Roschon Johnson is a solid haul late in the draft for upside with those picks.   I added Kincaid because we have roster limits and couldn't take any more RBs or WRs and don't like depth IDP either.  Richardson I wanted after missing on the top guys at QB to support Dak but Dak is typically solid fantasy wise even though I don't like him in real life.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

This is a very solid team.  Is this your main non-ppr team you keep asking about? I thought that was a bigger league so not sure. 

I agree that dropping Goff makes sense.  In a 10 man league, having backup QBs isn't all that important unless you don't have one of the top 6/7 guys and want to play matchups or the hot hand but you will never sit Allen other than the bye week.  Grabbing another high upside WR, I am sure a bunch of rookies are on the waiver wire like Rice, Mingo, Reed, Mims in a 10 team league so would take a chance on one of them and be quick to swap out if they don't get early work.  

I really don't like Davante at 11, but I understand the pick.  I just don't trust him at this point with a crappier QB and a RB holding out who may get hurt and make it tougher on Adams.  Plus he is aging and all those factors often lead to a fantasy drop off like Deandre Hopkins of the last couple of years.  I would have rather have gone with Diggs, AJ Brown, ARSB, Garrett Wilson, or Waddle if you were going to go WR there.  I have avoided Adams this year and like the situations and youth of these other guys.  I do hate the 10-17 rankings a lot tbh so picking 10th is a tough draw. 

I agree that Watson and Hall are steals where you drafted them.  I have both much higher.  

Derrick Henry scares me too since the last time he had 350 carries in a season he broke down the next year and he is older.  If he is healthy though he is a steal there in a standard league.  He is similar to Adams in I just dont trust the age/situation/wear and tear so have typically avoided him at his cost but in a standard league you can't pass him up at 10.  I do have Pollard ahead of him though and think he would have been a better pick with top 5 upside.  That being said, punting on RB2 worked out great since I think you grabbed a very solid group of RBs.  

Overall you have a good team as long as the older guys do what they typically have done and don't fall off. 

No not my main league. Main league 12 teams, i pick 10th. Its on Sunday

Pollard was actually taken before Henry

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 10:05 AM, Forge said:

Doing a bunch of mocks in prep for my big money draft tomorrow. 

More than I can remember in any other year recently, there is a decided disadvantage at the end of the round this year. I've run every potential build from 9-11 spots and they are rough. 

Far too easy to get boxed out of TE and QB in super flex leagues from these spots. 

Pick 9. Of course

20 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Got Herbert.  Didn't end up having to punt TE after all.  Snagged Walker as, honestly a long-term Etienne replacement.  Got Smith-Njigba at an insane keeper cost because I was able to be out there bidding for him when people that we going live were still holding out for higher-ranked WR's, but I wanted him specifically because he's IR eligible to start the season so... extra roster spot (early crack at the waiver wire).

So my team ended up (1/2 pt PPR, 4pt passing TD):

QB: Justin Herbert
RB: Kenneth Walker
RB: Javonte Williams
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Ceedee Lamb
TE: Dallas Goedert
FLEX: Chris Olave
K: Harrison Butker
D/ST: 49ers

BN: Breece Hall, Jahan Dotson, Travis Etienne, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

As soon as JSN get the status to allow me to put him on IR, my prime targets on the wire are Jordan Addison, Zach Charbonnet (hedge my Walker share), or Samaje Perine (to ease my Javonte share early on).

That’s an amazing team I personally am not really blown away with Walker or Williams, but swap those with the two on your bench (Etienne and Breece) and I love it. 

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Drafted last night: 12 teams PPR Pick 3rd, standard 2-1-2(RB-FLEX-WR) start

QB: Kirk Cousins-Anthony Richardson

RB: Dameon Pierce-James Conner-Cam Akers-Roschon-Gainwell-Bigsby

WR: Jaylen Waddle-Chris Olave-Jahan Dotson-Skyy Moore

TE: Travis Kelce

Obviously weak at RB but that comes with the territory of having Travis Kelce. No RBs were remotely worth 2.10 and 3.3 so I snagged WR value

I mentioned on a different draft not to take 2 QBs, but this the perfect example of the exception. Love pairing a qb and Cousins with Richardson. 

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

This is my 12 team auction draft, .5 PPR and 6 pts all TDs.  I was price gauging CMC because he was $10 lower than Ekeler and I ended up getting him so had to alter my plans at that point.  He scares me because of injury like Mike Trout in baseball but he is huge if healthy.  I was not fully focused for a few minutes and missed a couple guys I really wanted like Waddle who went way too cheap but overall I am happy with the team.  There are IDP guys but I never spend more than #1 on them and swap them out throughout the year so won't add them. 

QB: Dak Prescot
RB: CMC
RB: Tony Pollard
WR: DeVonta Smith
WR: Drake London
TE: Cole Kmet
FLEX: Dionte Johnson

Bench:
QB: Anthony Richardson
RB: Roschon Johnson
RB: Tank Bigsby
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Marvin Mims
WR: Jonathan Mingo
TE: Dalton Kincaid

My quick assessment: I have CMC top 5 and Pollard top 15, so getting both of them is a big win for me.  Especially because I got Pollard for the same price as Kenneth Walker (a bunch of MSU fans in our league), and $1 more than Najee Harris and Josh Jacobs. I have DeVonta Smith as a top 25 player too so if I did a snake draft and got CMC at 3, Pollard at 22, and then Smith at 27, I would be ecstatic. That would then mean I took Drake London at 46 and Dionte Johnson at 51.  Thats a little high for both on most lists and ADP wise but this is where I hate the vets in this range and prefer the upside of London to DJ Moore, Terry Mclaurin, and Chris Godwin etc. Then the next turn would be James Cook at 70 and Dak at 75.  I think that is solid value for Cook and a little high for Dak but reasonable if he is the best QB available. This is where I start to even out in a snake draft vs auction IMO.  The next turn would be Michael Thomas and Cole Kmet at 94 and 99 which is about a round early for both and then some mix of the rookies at 118, 127, 142, 147, 166, and 171.  I think the combined group of Richardson, Mims, Mingo, Kincaid, Bigsby and Roschon Johnson is a solid haul late in the draft for upside with those picks.   I added Kincaid because we have roster limits and couldn't take any more RBs or WRs and don't like depth IDP either.  Richardson I wanted after missing on the top guys at QB to support Dak but Dak is typically solid fantasy wise even though I don't like him in real life.  

I don’t do auction very often, so I’m looking at it through a traditional redraft paradigm (conveniently compared by you already). 

CMC and Pollard are a ridiculously good combination at the position. I’m also a big fan of Cook, so well done. I also like the pairing of Richardson with an established vet. At WR, Smith is a stud but London scares me a bit to be honest (technically it’s Ridder that scares me).  I think Kincaid is a strong upside pick and will be one of the outlier rookie TEs to have a strong year 1, though Kmet isn’t my favorite at the position.

I noticed you went extremely rookie heavy, might be some speed bumps early on until they get their legs under them. I’m alway a little leery of drafting a roster overly heavy on the 1st year guys as I’m worried about the early part of the season being a battle.

clearly your rbs are going to steer your ship and I feel you have a ton of upside. I can definitely see a strong season as a likely outcome.