Rate my Draft

Buffalo Viking

I haven't seen a rating thread yet so I figured I'd get one started.

12 team PPR 1st pick

QB - Tua (8) Anthony Richardson (10)

RB - Mixon (3) Akers (4) Rachaad White (7) Jaylen Warren (12) Zamir White (13)

WR - Jefferson (1) Waddle (2) Jeudy (5) Hollywood Brown (6) Sky Moore (11) Jameson Williams (14)

TE - Njoku (9)

K - will pick someone up before start of season

Def/ST - New Orleans

I ended up taking QB and TE later 1-2 rounds later than I would've liked as they kept getting taken during my long breaks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Viking said:

12 team PPR 1st pick

WR - Jefferson (1) Waddle (2) Jeudy (5) Hollywood Brown (6) Sky Moore (11) Jameson Williams (14)

TE - Njoku (9)

Def/ST - New Orleans

I ended up taking QB and TE later 1-2 rounds later than I would've liked as they kept getting taken during my long breaks

Yeah, welcome to the turn, where you've basically got to commit to reaching for targets you really believe in on occasion because it's unlikely they're going to get back around to you.

For a PPR league, this isn't a bad roster by any means, borderline playoff roster.  Jameson Williams is a throw-away pick IMO.  Between the suspension and the fact that he hasn't really shown the ability to translate the pre-injury college production to the pros yet, I really don't think you needed to burn a draft pick (even a lottery pick one) on him when he's not going to be available for 6 weeks (and not eligible to go into an IR spot).  You're going to need some luck or some good wire-farming with your RB's, but that luck could be Warren.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Viking said:

12 team PPR 1st pick

TE - Njoku (9)

Def/ST - New Orleans

I hate picking at the ends because of that very reason.  So hard to adapt to what is happening in the draft.  

That being said, I think the team has a lot of upside but also a lot of risk.  I don't love Mixon and Akers as your 1/2 punch but it could be worse and you have a really good starting WR group because of it.  Mixon scares me, just waiting for a fall off but I think Evans and Brown appear to be a downgrade from Perine so I don't think anyone is stealing his touches.  Akers should be better with Stafford and another year removed from the injury.  He finished last year strong and if he can pick up where he left off, you have a steal there.  White is the pick I like the most of your RBs.  I feel like he will blow up this year with catches and rushing yards.  He could end up a top 5 back if their line is at all better which I think it will be.  They pass to their RBs so much that he could have an Ekeler type year without much competition for carries and catches.  

QB is solid.  Tua was a top 5 QB when healthy, just concerns of that happening.  Richardson has top 5 potential with his legs and worth the risk as a backup and to spot start matchups later in the year. 

I would be ready to move off Jameson if you see something pop on the free agent market.  Not knowing who is available but if guys like Mingo, Rice, Mims are available I would maybe make that move now.  I think Jamo could have a big impact but like last year, he needs the time with Goff for timing and he isnt getting that.  

My Big Money (12-team standard, 6pt all TD's) draft results from this past Saturday, picking from the 10-slot:

QB: Justin Fields
RB: Tony Pollard
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Jerry Jeudy
TE: Jake Ferguson
WR/RB: Miles Sanders
WR/TE: Jamar Dotson
K: Younghoe Koo
DEF: Seattle

BN: Khalil Herbert, Hollywood Brown, De'Von Achane

I minor-botched Round 1, Tyreek was right there for the picking, and I hadn't expected him to be, but Chubb and Henry who were in my queue were taken with picks 8 and 9... and Kupp was in my queue because he was my floor pick at 10.  So it ended up being Kupp over Hill, which is livable, but not ideal.

Once Andrews, Goedert, and Waller were off the board, I made the conscious decision to punt TE to my last pick and just snag Ferg-Daddy.  Someone has already dropped Friermuth, too, so that might be an option, but I'm not burning waiver priority on a TE.  Hollywood is definitely my roster-bubble guy, just with the QB situation he's got till Kyler comes back.  Zay Flowers is looking sexy on the WW, but I'm conscious of being a shade too rookie-heavy.  And defense I'm basically streaming matchups until the opportunity arises to snake someone on a proven good defense they had to drop because of bye weeks and lack of roster space.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

My Big Money (12-team standard, 6pt all TD's) draft results from this past Saturday, picking from the 10-slot:

QB: Justin Fields
RB: Tony Pollard
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Jerry Jeudy
TE: Jake Ferguson
WR/RB: Miles Sanders
WR/TE: Jamar Dotson
K: Younghoe Koo
DEF: Seattle

BN: Khalil Herbert, Hollywood Brown, De'Von Achane

I minor-botched Round 1, Tyreek was right there for the picking, and I hadn't expected him to be, but Chubb and Henry who were in my queue were taken with picks 8 and 9... and Kupp was in my queue because he was my floor pick at 10.  So it ended up being Kupp over Hill, which is livable, but not ideal.

Once Andrews, Goedert, and Waller were off the board, I made the conscious decision to punt TE to my last pick and just snag Ferg-Daddy.  Someone has already dropped Friermuth, too, so that might be an option, but I'm not burning waiver priority on a TE.  Hollywood is definitely my roster-bubble guy, just with the QB situation he's got till Kyler comes back.  Zay Flowers is looking sexy on the WW, but I'm conscious of being a shade too rookie-heavy.  And defense I'm basically streaming matchups until the opportunity arises to snake someone on a proven good defense they had to drop because of bye weeks and lack of roster space.

I like your team. Kupp is a good get for the 10th pick. I'm also high on Pollard this year so I think he is a good number 1 RB for you. I think Gibbs loses some of his value in non-PPR and might lose goal-line work to Montgomery. I think Jeudy will have a good year (I've been saying that for 3 years now) and could fill the Michael Thomas role in Payton's offense. Dotson is another one that looks poised for a good year based on usage so far in preseason and their offense should improve w/ EB as their OC now. Sanders and Herbert should be steady producers for you. I'm actually high on Hollywood this year. He was their clear number one and putting up big numbers before he got hurt last year. I know the QB situation might hurt him, but I feel he might get forced the ball early as their only option.

Overall I think your team has a high floor w/ a chance to boom if some of your young guys produce.

• Like 2

12 team league, 8th spot in .5 PPR

QB- Justin Fields (4), Anthony Richardson (11)

RB - Saquon Barkley (1), Jahmyr Gibbs (3), Cam Akers (6), Zach Charbonnet (10), and Kenneth Gainwell (15)

WR - Stephon Diggs (2), DJ Moore (5), Diontae Johnson (8), Jaxon Smith-Njiba (9)

TE - Kyle Pitts (7)

DST - New England (14)

IDP - TJ Watt (12)

K - Jason Myers (13)

Heading into the draft both Fields and Gibbs were "my guys". Gibbs went right around his ADP. I knew Fields ADP was 4th - 5th round, QB's were flying off the board in this draft with Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Burrow, Lamar, and Herbert all going before round 4. Feel good about Fields in the 4th though it may have been a bit early.

I was thrilled when Diggs fell to 2.05. I think the best value pick was Diontae Johnson in 8.05. DJ Moore wasn't someone I had drafted in any mocks and looking back probably the pick I regret the most. A lot of the success of this team hinges on Fields/Moore. Hoping for the Pitts rebound and I think he was a good value at 7.08. Other than that, I went with some high upside rookies: Gibbs (as mentioned), JSN, Charbonnet, and AR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, welcome to the turn, where you've basically got to commit to reaching for targets you really believe in on occasion because it's unlikely they're going to get back around to you.

For a PPR league, this isn't a bad roster by any means, borderline playoff roster.  Jameson Williams is a throw-away pick IMO.  Between the suspension and the fact that he hasn't really shown the ability to translate the pre-injury college production to the pros yet, I really don't think you needed to burn a draft pick (even a lottery pick one) on him when he's not going to be available for 6 weeks (and not eligible to go into an IR spot).  You're going to need some luck or some good wire-farming with your RB's, but that luck could be Warren.

I disagree, I think that's a pretty nice roster. Mixon, Akers, and White are all set to be bell cows in their respective offenses. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Viking said:

I like your team. Kupp is a good get for the 10th pick. I'm also high on Pollard this year so I think he is a good number 1 RB for you. I think Gibbs loses some of his value in non-PPR and might lose goal-line work to Montgomery. I think Jeudy will have a good year (I've been saying that for 3 years now) and could fill the Michael Thomas role in Payton's offense. Dotson is another one that looks poised for a good year based on usage so far in preseason and their offense should improve w/ EB as their OC now. Sanders and Herbert should be steady producers for you. I'm actually high on Hollywood this year. He was their clear number one and putting up big numbers before he got hurt last year. I know the QB situation might hurt him, but I feel he might get forced the ball early as their only option.

Overall I think your team has a high floor w/ a chance to boom if some of your young guys produce.

Yeah, like I'd said in another thread on this sub, I typically shoot for a team that's either going to be a Top 3 team or a Bottom 3 team, and understand that I'm baking in some risk for the benefit of knowing that (assuming health) the core of my team is built to sustain big weeks because ultimately you're going to need those if you're going to actually win the whole thing (i.e. make it all the way through the playoffs).

I actually like Herbert a lot this year in the new offensive system (and finally - knock wood - with a healthy OL), but I had Fields slightly edging him in this league format on my projections.  Also, there are 3 Chargers fans in my league - two of them prone to reaching for Chargers players - so I actively try to not make my build around Chargers players because it's harder to get the stack.  Also, given the format of this league (1pt per 20yd rushing/receiving, but 1pt per 50yd passing), QB's who run are at the same high premium as in 4pt passing TD leagues, so my soft targets at QB going in were Hurts (I knew I would get him - he actually went #1 overall because the guy with #1 admitted he'd done minimal prep and Hurts powered him to 2nd last season so he was just jumping there... and we knew it before the draft even commenced), Lamar, Fields, with Dak and Deshaun as the fail-safes.  But, clearly, I'm projecting a Hurts-lite breakout for Fields.

I've been higher on Dotson than most, even before McLaurin's injury, and he was doing what he did last season with crap QB play.  I've been high on the Commanders passing game, period, but Dotson's value at (or even slightly ahead) of his ADP compared to McLaurin's was the clear blue light special.

I actually think Jeudy may be more in the classic Marques Colston usage role than Michael Thomas specifically.  I'm a bit wary of Cortland Sutton actually getting his act together from last season, where he burned me, having lost some weight, but there's also Russ' tendencies to consider - and I still see Jeudy being a better fit for the intermediate routes and the red zone targets.  Ironically, my alternate option had I not taken Jeudy was Tyler Lockett - who gets underheralded in ADP religiously - but I opted for the alpha in the offense.

I'm hoping Achane gets enough usage early on to justify keeping him on my (limited spot) bench, because I think he's a strong "league winner" candidate in terms of he should be humming in terms of performances come playoff-surge and playoff time; and I'd hate to have a repeat of last year where I took a late-flier on Tony Pollard and, due to injuries to my team, had to drop him to accommodate... and he ended up blowing up 2 weeks later... on someone else's roster.

9 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

12 team league, 8th spot in .5 PPR

QB- Justin Fields (4), Anthony Richardson (11)

RB - Saquon Barkley (1), Jahmyr Gibbs (3), Cam Akers (6), Zach Charbonnet (10), and Kenneth Gainwell (15)

WR - Stephon Diggs (2), DJ Moore (5), Diontae Johnson (8), Jaxon Smith-Njiba (9)

TE - Kyle Pitts (7)

DST - New England (14)

IDP - TJ Watt (12)

K - Jason Myers (13)

Heading into the draft both Fields and Gibbs were "my guys". Gibbs went right around his ADP. I knew Fields ADP was 4th - 5th round, QB's were flying off the board in this draft with Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Burrow, Lamar, and Herbert all going before round 4. Feel good about Fields in the 4th though it may have been a bit early.

I was thrilled when Diggs fell to 2.05. I think the best value pick was Diontae Johnson in 8.05. DJ Moore wasn't someone I had drafted in any mocks and looking back probably the pick I regret the most. A lot of the success of this team hinges on Fields/Moore. Hoping for the Pitts rebound and I think he was a good value at 7.08. Other than that, I went with some high upside rookies: Gibbs (as mentioned), JSN, Charbonnet, and AR.

Getting Diggs in the 2nd is huge for you giving you a true #1 WR and RB. Gibbs and Akers are good 2/3 RBs for you. I think Moore will have a solid year since he is their best receiver and is a solid #2. I've been weary of Johnson the past couple of years because of his drops and questions regarding Pickett. Pitts should improve a little bit but I think he will always be capped by their run-first offense. Not bad value for that pick but I feel like you could've waited a little later in the draft to get similar production. Then the rest of your line-up is filled high ceiling guys who could push you through the playoffs.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Viking said:

12 team PPR 1st pick

TE - Njoku (9)

Def/ST - New Orleans

Really solid at WR. I’m not a big Mixon fan but he should get all the work this year. Tua is great so long as he stays healthy and if not Richardson could be a cheat code/trade bait.

Big big draft last night , PPR 12 team 

QB- Herbert

RB- Mixon

RB- Montgomery 

WR- Chase

WR- Olave

TE- Pitts 

Flex- D Johnson

Flex- Antonio Gibson

Defense- Washington

Bench:

JSN

A Richardson

E Moore 

T Bigsby

T Spears 

R Bateman

* Turning point of the draft was round 6 with Pitts. I probably shouldve gone safer and solidify my depth with a WR or RB. I went for the gold, and if Pitts hits then it’s a very good team. 

* My RB depth is very weak. I do like Gibson more than most. 40 catches the last 3 years, no JD McKissoc , Bienemy as the OC. 

* I took JSN as my first bench player. I think I’ll be fine the first few weeks and think he’s going to be a difference maker later.

* I took Richardson earlier . I’m projecting him for at least 700 yards rushing. He’ll be a top 12 guy, and I’m hoping to flip him later . 

12 Team PPR - 6 Pts Per TD - Kicker gets points based on their FG yardages I.E 35 yard FG =  3.5 Points - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, FLEX, 1TE, K, DEF, 6 Bench - 10th Spot

QB - Joe Burrow
RB - Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, James Cook, Richard White, Brian Robinson Jr.
WR - A.J Brown, Amari Cooper, Christian Watson, Skyy Moore, Treylon Burks
TE - Chigoziem Okonkwo, Greg Dulchich
K - Jason Sanders
DEF - Baltimore

Wanted Freiermuth in the late rounds, but got picked 1 before me, so I went with Chig. Might package one of the RB for another WR/TE. If Joe can't start, then I'll pick up Geno for the 1st week.

Edited by xlfrosti

On 8/23/2023 at 11:38 AM, Buffalo Viking said:

Let me preface by saying, I love when other people draft drunk.  It gives me opportunities to capitalize on mistakes their drunk arses make like drafting two TE's and then dumping one of them as soon as waivers open.  And so I waited for him to clear waivers, so I didn't burn priority, and snatched up Freiermuth out of the free agent pool after the guy who also drafted Pitts let him go earlier this week.

Had my draft in a 12-team PPR league. Started with the 10th, 14th and 15th pick and didn’t pick again till round 5…

QB: Trevor Lawrence 
RB: DAndre Swift
RB: Dalvin Cook
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown 
WR: Garrett Wilson 
TE: Evan Engram
Flex: Mike Evans 
DST: Patriots 
K: Evan McPherson 

Bench:
Rashaad Penny RB
Jeff Wilson RB
Gus Edwards RB
Rashod Bateman WR
Marvin Mims WR
Jordan Love QB
Luke Musgrave TE

I really like this team, got exactly the 3 WRs I Wanted with 3 top 15 picks. Went Swift and Penny because I wanted to lock up the Eagles backfield. I trust the Eagles offense enough that I think those two are going to be at least RB2’s in fantasy if they’re healthy. The only thing I hate Honestly is my WR Bench. Hoping to grab 1 or 2 off the wire in the first few weeks to bolster that position depth.