Rate my Draft

Buffalo Viking

On 8/23/2023 at 11:39 AM, Buffalo Viking said:

I haven't seen a rating thread yet so I figured I'd get one started.

12 team PPR 1st pick

QB - Tua (8) Anthony Richardson (10)

RB - Mixon (3) Akers (4) Rachaad White (7) Jaylen Warren (12) Zamir White (13)

WR - Jefferson (1) Waddle (2) Jeudy (5) Hollywood Brown (6) Sky Moore (11) Jameson Williams (14)

TE - Njoku (9)

K - will pick someone up before start of season

Def/ST - New Orleans

I ended up taking QB and TE later 1-2 rounds later than I would've liked as they kept getting taken during my long breaks

I actually love the QB duo. I'm not a big Mixon guy but going JJ-Waddle is pretty great. Jeudy injury hurts a good act though

On 8/23/2023 at 1:33 PM, Dr LBC said:

My Big Money (12-team standard, 6pt all TD's) draft results from this past Saturday, picking from the 10-slot:

QB: Justin Fields
RB: Tony Pollard
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Jerry Jeudy
TE: Jake Ferguson
WR/RB: Miles Sanders
WR/TE: Jamar Dotson
K: Younghoe Koo
DEF: Seattle

BN: Khalil Herbert, Hollywood Brown, De'Von Achane

I minor-botched Round 1, Tyreek was right there for the picking, and I hadn't expected him to be, but Chubb and Henry who were in my queue were taken with picks 8 and 9... and Kupp was in my queue because he was my floor pick at 10.  So it ended up being Kupp over Hill, which is livable, but not ideal.

Once Andrews, Goedert, and Waller were off the board, I made the conscious decision to punt TE to my last pick and just snag Ferg-Daddy.  Someone has already dropped Friermuth, too, so that might be an option, but I'm not burning waiver priority on a TE.  Hollywood is definitely my roster-bubble guy, just with the QB situation he's got till Kyler comes back.  Zay Flowers is looking sexy on the WW, but I'm conscious of being a shade too rookie-heavy.  And defense I'm basically streaming matchups until the opportunity arises to snake someone on a proven good defense they had to drop because of bye weeks and lack of roster space.

I would've taken Kupp over Hill FWIW. Kupp & Pollard is an awesome 1-2 in any format. The Jeudy injury does suck but love most everything else. I'm big on Dotson and think Herbert and Hollywood might be underrated

On 8/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, Haha21 said:

12 team league, 8th spot in .5 PPR

QB- Justin Fields (4), Anthony Richardson (11)

RB - Saquon Barkley (1), Jahmyr Gibbs (3), Cam Akers (6), Zach Charbonnet (10), and Kenneth Gainwell (15)

WR - Stephon Diggs (2), DJ Moore (5), Diontae Johnson (8), Jaxon Smith-Njiba (9)

TE - Kyle Pitts (7)

I like Barkley but not sure I would've taken him at 8 but Diggs at 2.5 is highway robbery. Love getting Akers in R6. WR2 has potential with Diontae and Moore. I am concerned about Pitts but at cost its not bad really. The QB duo is great, you wont be tempted to start AR15 early which is probably for the best

On 8/24/2023 at 6:58 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

Big big draft last night , PPR 12 team 

QB- Herbert

RB- Mixon

RB- Montgomery 

WR- Chase

WR- Olave

TE- Pitts 

Flex- D Johnson

Flex- Antonio Gibson

Defense- Washington

Bench:

A Richardson

Love the QB duo

Im not a big Mixon guy but I think Monty is underrated

Love the first 3 WRs and Diontae is much better in full PPR

Going Chase-Mixon is an interesting build with 2 of your first 3 picks but that is probably 1 of the few offenses where its not a problem

10 team league, picked 10th non-PPR

QB: Josh Allen 3.10

WR: Davante Adams 2.1

WR: DK Metcalf 4.1

WR: Christian Watson 6.1

RB: Derrick Henry 1.10

RB: Breece Hall 7.10

TE: Darren Waller 5.10

BE: James Conner 8.1

BE: Isaiah Pacheco 9.10

BE: Gabe Davis 10.1

BE: Skyy Moore 11.10

BE: Zay Flowers 12.1

BE: Jared Goff 13.10

I didnt love taking Davante at 11 overall but I had to take Henry 1.10 and with starting 3 WRs and Kelce taken, I couldnt pass him up

I dont love DK but Watson was awesome value, I considered him where I got DK

Punting on RB 2 was a good move imo because I love the Breece-Conner-Pacheco trio for RB2. Breece and Pacheco might be slow to start so maybe Conner is RB2 while they work it out. 

Went with high-upside plays for bench WRs

I rarely take QB early but I hated the RB/WR options there and getting difference makers at QB/WRs in smaller leagues is a bigger edge

Overall I dont love it but I think its solid

27 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Love the QB duo

Im not a big Mixon guy but I think Monty is underrated

Love the first 3 WRs and Diontae is much better in full PPR

Going Chase-Mixon is an interesting build with 2 of your first 3 picks but that is probably 1 of the few offenses where its not a problem

Yea, I wasn’t expecting to get Mixon. Gibbs was sniped right before me (Watson too before Johnson)

im ok with Mixon , he has the opportunity to score a ton. 

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

10 team league, picked 10th non-PPR

QB: Josh Allen 3.10

WR: Davante Adams 2.1

WR: DK Metcalf 4.1

WR: Christian Watson 6.1

RB: Derrick Henry 1.10

RB: Breece Hall 7.10

TE: Darren Waller 5.10

BE: James Conner 8.1

BE: Isaiah Pacheco 9.10

BE: Gabe Davis 10.1

BE: Skyy Moore 11.10

BE: Zay Flowers 12.1

BE: Jared Goff 13.10

I didnt love taking Davante at 11 overall but I had to take Henry 1.10 and with starting 3 WRs and Kelce taken, I couldnt pass him up

I dont love DK but Watson was awesome value, I considered him where I got DK

Punting on RB 2 was a good move imo because I love the Breece-Conner-Pacheco trio for RB2. Breece and Pacheco might be slow to start so maybe Conner is RB2 while they work it out. 

Went with high-upside plays for bench WRs

I rarely take QB early but I hated the RB/WR options there and getting difference makers at QB/WRs in smaller leagues is a bigger edge

Overall I dont love it but I think its solid

I think it’s a very high risk, high reward team. 

Henry, Hall, DK and Waller are all scary picks for me this year. If it works out, awesome job. 

Luckily it’s 10 teams so if it doesn’t, there’ll still be guys to get on waivers. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think it’s a very high risk, high reward team. 

Henry, Hall, DK and Waller are all scary picks for me this year. If it works out, awesome job. 

Luckily it’s 10 teams so if it doesn’t, there’ll still be guys to get on waivers. 

Yea I feel like most of those guys were good value. I am concerned about getting injuries for Henry and Waller but at 1.10 and 5.10 I couldnt say no

Breece is concerning but again having someone like Conner to bridge the gap until MAYBE he is 100% back to being explosive, but also Dalvin could be a factor. 

DK I agree, it was the pick I hated the most and unfortunately came pretty early. 

Doing a bunch of mocks in prep for my big money draft tomorrow. 

More than I can remember in any other year recently, there is a decided disadvantage at the end of the round this year. I've run every potential build from 9-11 spots and they are rough. 

Far too easy to get boxed out of TE and QB in super flex leagues from these spots. 

10 team non ppr 

QB: Geno Smith, Kirk Cousins

RB: Austin Ekeler, Bijan Robinson, James Conner, David Montgomery, J.K Dobbins

WR: Amon-Ra St Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Christian Watson, Diontae Johnson, Treylon Burks

TE: Dallas Goedert, Dalton Kincaid

K: Eddy Pineiro

D: Chiefs

Need to drop one as I've got Dobbins on injury reserve. While dropping Dobbins to injury reserve, I picked up Jerick Mckinnon and someone traded Bijan Robinson for him. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Doing a bunch of mocks in prep for my big money draft tomorrow. 

More than I can remember in any other year recently, there is a decided disadvantage at the end of the round this year. I've run every potential build from 9-11 spots and they are rough. 

Far too easy to get boxed out of TE and QB in super flex leagues from these spots. 

I actually didnt want Top-5 or 11-12 in a standard format but i bet SF is different 

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I actually didnt want Top-5 or 11-12 in a standard format but i bet SF is different 

The best build I've had was probably QB/QB in first and second, but honestly I'd probably never do that. The receivers ended up being solid, but the rbs were rough. 

Jacobs as rb1 is fine, but risky, and rb2 was mattison, which was not great. 

Going into my 1/2ptPPR Keeper League auction draft in a couple hours.  We lost 2 teams this offseason so we're down to 10 teams in the league, but with the keepers that I have on my team and another guy has on his team, it should actually make a little more parity.

I'm keeping 7 of a maximum 8:

Davante Adams ($46; keeping him at base auction value)
Ceedee Lamb ($41; same as above)
Chris Olave ($6)
Jahan Dotson ($4)
Travis Etienne ($11)
Breece Hall ($8)
Javonte Williams ($6)

Herbert is for sure out there as an available QB, and I'll likely go hard at him.  With the core I have, I can afford to punt TE, take my chances on one of the rookies cheaply (LaPorta is probably a strong candidate), and then just snipe for values/lottery tickets - knowing that my design is to be able to fade Etienne as Breece is returned to full action.

10 team, non-PPR, 2nd pick:

QB: Burrow

RB: Henry

RB: Jacobs

WR: Lamb

WR: Watson

WR: * Jeudy

FLEX: Mattison

TE: Kmet

D/ST: Cowboys

K: Carlson 

BENCH

RB: B. Hall

RB: Penny

WR: Pickens

WR: J. Dotson

WR: Smith- Njigba

TE: Okonkwo

Cant decide between Pickens and Dotson who takes Jeudy’s spot while he’s out.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus