Rate my Draft

Buffalo Viking

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Had my two big $$$ league drafts this weekend. Really indifferent on my teams this year as the boards are always wrecked by the randomness of these leagues. Mock drafting does nothing to prepare you for them lol. Had pick 12 in both leagues (brutal break in the draw this year). Both leagues are heavy QB scoring leagues and both are 2 RB/3 WR leagues. First league is 0.5 PPR, 6 point passing TD with yardage bonuses for all positions (total yardage along with TD distance bonuses). Second league is full PPR and you get 0.5 point per carry so there's still value to RB. Big time yardage bonuses for QBs along with 6 point passing TDs. Defenses are also scored with yardage bonuses (yards allowed) along with the traditional stuff. 16 man roster but 15 round draft where you must draft 2 QB, 4 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, 1 DST. Last spot is filled post week 1 to get the roster transaction fees going ($3 per pickup). All that said, here's the damage...

$7 Worth of Hoobastank (Team #1 - First League)
QB Patrick Mahomes
RB Travis Etienne, Breece Hall, Isiah Pacheco, Zack Moss
WR Davante Adams, Diontae Johnson, Tyler Lockett, Zay Flowers, Kadarius Toney, Jameson Williams, Tyler Boyd
TE Dallas Goedert, Luke Musgrave
Greg Zuerlein
DST Green Bay Packers

TacoCorp (Team #2 - Second League)
QB Joe Burrow, Geno Smith
RB Bijan Robinson, Dameon Pierce, AJ Dillon, Jaylen Warren
WR Cooper Kupp, Tyler Lockett, Courtland Sutton, Zay Flowers, Rashod Bateman
TE George Kittle, Irv Smith Jr
Tyler Bass
DST San Francisco 49ers

Breece is a tough one to gauge given the injury and Dalvin, he should be a fine #2 and Pacheco in a pinch is fine. I still like Davante, not sure I love the #2 WR spot but there are loads of 3s I love and the upside with Zay is awesome

I think I like Team 2 more but man I worry about Kupp alot. 

I hate this draft so much, everything that could've gone wrong did...

12 teams, Non-PPR . QB- 2RB-2WR-1RB/WR-TE

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB: Jonathan Taylor-James Cook-Raheem Mostert-Antonio Gibson-Tank Bigsby-Roschon Johnson-Tajae Spears

WR: Davante Adams-Stefon Diggs-Skyy Moore-Quentin Johnston

TE: Mark Andrews

So taking Adams in R1 was a big mistake, I liked my chances of a RB coming back around and it bit me so hard and I loved loads of the R5-7 RBs and I got sniped time after time after time...Round 3 and 4 I took Andrews and L-Jax simply because there was garbage at RB per my board and if I was going to be weak at RB I at least wanted to load up on quantity there late and take the TE2 and a potential QB1 in LJax.

Getting JT was a complete swing for the fences and pairing him with Mostert is about the only good thing that happened because with Jeff Wilson on IR and Achane hurt thru camp, Mostert could be a start-worthy option while JT is on PUP.  

I'm basically starting Skyy Moore or Gibson Week 1 and beyond for a while....barf

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Had my two big $$$ league drafts this weekend. Really indifferent on my teams this year as the boards are always wrecked by the randomness of these leagues. Mock drafting does nothing to prepare you for them lol. Had pick 12 in both leagues (brutal break in the draw this year). Both leagues are heavy QB scoring leagues and both are 2 RB/3 WR leagues. First league is 0.5 PPR, 6 point passing TD with yardage bonuses for all positions (total yardage along with TD distance bonuses). Second league is full PPR and you get 0.5 point per carry so there's still value to RB. Big time yardage bonuses for QBs along with 6 point passing TDs. Defenses are also scored with yardage bonuses (yards allowed) along with the traditional stuff. 16 man roster but 15 round draft where you must draft 2 QB, 4 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, 1 DST. Last spot is filled post week 1 to get the roster transaction fees going ($3 per pickup). All that said, here's the damage...

$7 Worth of Hoobastank (Team #1 - First League)
QB Patrick Mahomes
RB Travis Etienne, Breece Hall, Isiah Pacheco, Zack Moss
WR Davante Adams, Diontae Johnson, Tyler Lockett, Zay Flowers, Kadarius Toney, Jameson Williams, Tyler Boyd
TE Dallas Goedert, Luke Musgrave
Greg Zuerlein
DST Green Bay Packers

TacoCorp (Team #2 - Second League)
QB Joe Burrow, Geno Smith
RB Bijan Robinson, Dameon Pierce, AJ Dillon, Jaylen Warren
WR Cooper Kupp, Tyler Lockett, Courtland Sutton, Zay Flowers, Rashod Bateman
TE George Kittle, Irv Smith Jr
Tyler Bass
DST San Francisco 49ers

Can't say I love breece as rb2. He's basically me RB 4 right now and I'm having a lot of buyers remorse. 

Get ready to drop that SF defense, or at least start another team in week one. I think Bosa is missing games. 

I like the outlook of team 2 a lot

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How the heck did Bijan fall?....Those first 4 picks are incredible and I like the upside of Ayuik and Monty is a solid floor play

About 11 straight picks were WRs starting at the 1/2 turn…2 guys reached on Kennan Allen and Calvin Ridley right before me.

I was hoping for Olave but was going to settle for Devonta Smith til Bijan fell to me.

Then their was another big WR run in the late 3rd/early 4th which made me switch from my hopeful WR heavy start.

I have zero depth but pretty happy with my auction team.  12 team, superflex, half PPR.  We start two flexes in addition to the superflex.

QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Austin Ekeler
RB: Najee Harris
WR: CeeDee Lamb
WR: Chris Olave
TE: Tyler Higbee
Superflex: Tua
Flex: Travis Etienne
Flex: DJ Moore

BN: Kyler Murray
BN: Ryan Tannehill
BN: Jonathan Mingo
BN: De'Von Achane
BN: Marvin Mims Jr.
BN: Greg Dulcich
BN: Deuce Vaughn
BN: Chase Claypool

Edited by flyers0909
  • Like 1

12 Man Team Half PPR, picked out of 7, $100 Co Worker League. 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Flex 1 K 1 DEF

QB's:

Trevor Lawrence

Anthony Richardson

RB's:

Breece Hall

Cam Akers

David Montgomery

Antonio Gibson

AJ Dillion

Rashaad Penny

WR's:

JaMarr Chase (at pick 7....)

CeeDee Lamb

Calvin Ridley
Christian Watson

Drake London

TE's:

Mark Andrews

Yahoo Report Card projects me 13-1 and A+. Footballguys app projects me 11-3 and 2nd place. This was a league with 4 people who barely watch football (3 girls), 4 super casuals, and 4 hardcore guys including myself. 

My RB's will determine my success here. Breece Hall i'll be stashing until he has a breakout game. They signed Dalvin Cook, but Breece Hall IMO is the RB1 in Fantasy Football 2024-2026. He's so talented it's crazy, and his advanced metrics last year were exactly what you look for in a fantasy running back. He's him. He'll start out slow this year, but after the jets bye, Weeks 8-17, I could definitely see him being a Top 5 RB in that specific timeframe. As for Antonio Gibson, with Eric B there, I could see Gibson going crazy this year as a late round sleeper. He's way more talented than Brian Robinson (who I love in real life, but not so much in fantasy in that scheme). 

There was just way too many question marks on all the early RB's this year for me. Even CMC who is 27 (but probably still crushes). The only one I love is Barkley this year in the first couple rounds. The rest is like playing a game of landmines, which will bust and which won't? If you pick a bust with your first 3 rounds, you're in trouble. And WR's don't bust anywhere close to RB's in the first three rounds. Plus it's a passing league now. Teams who started WR-WR last year had a 50% increased chance of making the playoffs in Half PPR and 70% in Full PPR. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Can't say I love breece as rb2. He's basically me RB 4 right now and I'm having a lot of buyers remorse. 

Get ready to drop that SF defense, or at least start another team in week one. I think Bosa is missing games. 

I like the outlook of team 2 a lot

Don't regret Breece if you can stash him the first few weeks. Dalvin's advanced metrics last year were the worst of his career and showed clear age decline. Rushing yards over expected, Success Rate, Explosion Rate, Elusive Rate, Yards Per Route Run, everything took a big hit for Dalvin last year. He isn't fully washed like Zeke, Lenny, Hunt, etc but he is semi washed. Breece was Top 2 in almost every advanced metric that have proven success in fantasy football.

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Don't regret Breece if you can stash him the first few weeks. Dalvin's advanced metrics last year were the worst of his career and showed clear age decline. Rushing yards over expected, Success Rate, Explosion Rate, Elusive Rate, Yards Per Route Run, everything took a big hit for Dalvin last year. He isn't fully washed like Zeke, Lenny, Hunt, etc but he is semi washed. Breece was Top 2 in almost every advanced metric that have proven success in fantasy football.

I think health if going to be an issue. I don't know how much they want to push that. 

I can hold the fort week enough with both he and Taylor on my team (I still have Pollard, Pierce and Montgomery) but I think I may end up holding the bag in Taylor and breece

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think health if going to be an issue. I don't know how much they want to push that. 

I can hold the fort week enough with both he and Taylor on my team (I still have Pollard, Pierce and Montgomery) but I think I may end up holding the bag in Taylor and breece

How do you have those 5 RB's? What does the rest of your team look like? You can easily stashed Taylor/Hall the first half of the season with those three. Pollard should crush this year and DMont has a crazy easy first three games.

5 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

How do you have those 5 RB's? What does the rest of your team look like? You can easily stashed Taylor/Hall the first half of the season with those three. Pollard should crush this year and DMont has a crazy easy first three games.

Montgomery I got through trade (Monty and Nico Collins for Penny and McLaurin). I got boxed out on receiver in the worst way (one guy auto drafted and ended up with like 9 receivers and one hurt QB in a super flex league lol) and ended up with two in 9 rounds or something stupid like that. Just started throwing darts at the end of the draft. 

47 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I have zero depth but pretty happy with my auction team.  12 team, superflex, half PPR.  We start two flexes in addition to the superflex.

QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Austin Ekeler
RB: Najee Harris
WR: CeeDee Lamb
WR: Chris Olave
TE: Tyler Higbee
Superflex: Tua
Flex: Travis Etienne
Flex: DJ Moore

BN: Kyler Murray
BN: Ryan Tannehill
BN: Jonathan Mingo
BN: De'Von Achane
BN: Marvin Mims Jr.
BN: Greg Dulcich
BN: Deuce Vaughn
BN: Chase Claypool

I'm really not high on Harris, but hard to hate on those starters. Mims is an underrated bench guy. Jeudy could be down a while

• Like 1

Ahh, not digging my team. First keeper attempt so went rookie heavy late which worries me:

• QB: Mahomes, Richardson
  • RB: CMC, J Taylor, D Cook, Brian Robinson, K Miller, T Spears
  • WR: Waddle, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, JSN
  • TE: Juwan Johnson, Kinkaid

J Taylor is in my IR spot so will pick up a D when waivers open on the 6th.

Not loving it. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ahh, not digging my team. First keeper attempt so went rookie heavy late which worries me:

• QB: Mahomes, Richardson
  • RB: CMC, J Taylor, D Cook, Brian Robinson, K Miller, T Spears
  • WR: Waddle, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, JSN
  • TE: Juwan Johnson, Kinkaid

J Taylor is in my IR spot so will pick up a D when waivers open on the 6th.

Not loving it. Thoughts?

The trio of CMC, Mahomes, and Waddle should carry you to a lot of Ws. I'm really liking the strategy of getting a stud QB this year. The JT stash could pay off. Just need to make some savy decisions to manage the RB2 and maybe flex if McClaurin is hurt. 12 man league I imagine? Play your cards right on the waivers and I think you can compete for the Ship

• Like 1

12 Man PPR 2 RB 2 WR Flex. I feel pretty good about this team compared to the rest of the league. Went into the draft dreading the 10th pick. Decided to try something I normally wouldn't do and took Mahomes in the second round knowing the top 3 QBs wouldn't be available to me at the back end of the 3rd. Just hoping to find some depth at RB throughout the season

QB: Mahomes

RBs: Pierce, Sanders, Penny, Hull, Bigsby

WR: Diggs, Watson, Kirk, Dotson, Skyy, Toney, Doubs

TE: Andrews

Edited by Eagles23