Buffalo Viking

On 9/3/2023 at 5:48 PM, BillSabre said:

Well the drafts in the books. Not in love with my team but it’s balanced. PPR 

Watson, Wilson 

Pollard, Stevenson, White, Perine, Mitchell

Diggs, DK, Hopkins, Dotson 

Goedert, Juwan Johnson 

Jets, Patriots 

Maybe I received no feedback because I didn’t have enough information. 

12 team PPR 

Lineup is………

1 QB

1 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 Flex RB/WR, K, Def 

I’ve explained in years past how weird this draft is so I can’t give a draft position because it changes many times throughout. 

THE FORMAT (SUPERFLEX)

12 TEAM, 0.5 PPR

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, FLEX, SUPERFLEX, DEF

THE DRAFT (first pick): 

1. Patrick Mahomes - Knew QBs would go quick and early. Took the best there was to kick things off.

24. Cooper Kupp - Excellent value here IMO. WR1 potential if Rams remain healthy.

25. Garrett Wilson - Also very happy here. Huge breakout incoming. 

48. George Kittle - Was hoping for Andrews (went 3 picks before), settled for another TE.

49. JK Dobbins - Needed an RB at this point. Other options were Aaron Jones, Stevenson, Breece, etc. Like Dobbins' upside.

72. Geno Smith - Loved this pick considering the wait for QBs and who was left. Top 5 WR unit to play with.

73. David Montgomery - Love Monty in the Jamaal Williams role. Excellent value here.

96. George Pickens - This is where things really opened up. Not many good options. Plucked two upside WRs.

97. Treylon Burks - This is where things really opened up. Not many good options. Plucked two upside WRs.

120. Jerrick McKinnon - Eh, if he can catch half as many TDs as last year I'll be happy here.

121. Rashad Penny - Upside swing. Who knows the role or if he can stay healthy.

144. Zeke Elliot - Strictly hoping for a TD vulture here.

145. Cole Kmet - Back up TE. Bears offense should be better. RZ target.

168. Desmond Ridder - Last starter available. Don't mind him at all.

169. Pittsburgh - Defense.

192. Isaiah Hodgins - Young, big body RZ target.

THE SQUAD:

QB - Mahomes

WR - Kupp

WR - Wilson

RB - Dobbins

RB - Montgomery

TE - Kittle

FLEX - Pickens/Burks

SUPERFLEX - G. Smith

DEF - Pittsburgh

BENCH - Penny

BENCH - Elliot

BENCH - Mckinnon

BENCH - Hodgins

BENCH - Kmet

BENCH - Ridder

Overall, I'm happy with the way it turned out, and I don't usually say that post draft. I thought the first 7 rounds were fantastic. Was happy to see Kupp and Wilson there coming back after 1. Love Monty. Love Geno (5th overall QB in 2022!). Like Dobbins. The only thing I'm bummed about is my FLEX. It's pretty weak at this point. So, how'd I do?

3 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Maybe I received no feedback because I didn’t have enough information. 

12 team PPR 

Lineup is………

1 QB

1 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 Flex RB/WR, K, Def 

I’ve explained in years past how weird this draft is so I can’t give a draft position because it changes many times throughout. 

I agree that your team is balanced, I don't love it but I don't hate it. Your QB situation scares me, 2 QBs who have produced in the past but last year they both struggled moving to new situations and haven't proven that they can get back to what they were. Your RB situation is good given that you only need to start 1 RB. I like your receivers and they are definitely the strength of your team. I'll never understand drafting 2 defenses, I'd rather use the other pick on a late round flyer hoping they have a breakout season.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

THE FORMAT (SUPERFLEX)

12 TEAM, 0.5 PPR

THE DRAFT (first pick): 

1. Patrick Mahomes - Knew QBs would go quick and early. Took the best there was to kick things off.

24. Cooper Kupp - Excellent value here IMO. WR1 potential if Rams remain healthy.

48. George Kittle - Was hoping for Andrews (went 3 picks before), settled for another TE.

49. JK Dobbins - Needed an RB at this point. Other options were Aaron Jones, Stevenson, Breece, etc. Like Dobbins' upside.

72. Geno Smith - Loved this pick considering the wait for QBs and who was left. Top 5 WR unit to play with.

73. David Montgomery - Love Monty in the Jamaal Williams role. Excellent value here.

96. George Pickens - This is where things really opened up. Not many good options. Plucked two upside WRs.

97. Treylon Burks - This is where things really opened up. Not many good options. Plucked two upside WRs.

120. Jerrick McKinnon - Eh, if he can catch half as many TDs as last year I'll be happy here.

THE SQUAD:

QB - Mahomes

WR - Kupp

WR - Wilson

RB - Dobbins

RB - Montgomery

TE - Kittle

FLEX - Pickens/Burks

SUPERFLEX - G. Smith

DEF - Pittsburgh

BENCH - Penny

BENCH - Elliot

BENCH - Mckinnon

BENCH - Hodgins

BENCH - Kmet

BENCH - Ridder

Overall, I'm happy with the way it turned out, and I don't usually say that post draft. I thought the first 7 rounds were fantastic. Was happy to see Kupp and Wilson there coming back after 1. Love Monty. Love Geno (5th overall QB in 2022!). Like Dobbins. The only thing I'm bummed about is my FLEX. It's pretty weak at this point. So, how'd I do?

I don't have any experience w/ superflex leagues, but your team looks strong. The only concern is Kupp's hamstring, if he doesn't miss any extended time you have 2 great receivers to pair with Mahomes but inversely, if the injury lingers you'll have to rely on your depth which doesn't seem the strongest in my mind (lots of players who will be sharing targets/carries and will be inconsistent week to week).

12 team PPR. 7th pick 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 1 K 1 D/ST

QB: Lawrence(6) Richardson(10)

RB: Aaron Jones(4) Alexander Mattison(5) Brian Robinson(9) Rashaad Penny(11)

WR: Hill(1) Lamb(2) Kupp(3) Michael Thomas(8) Allen Lazard(12) Jalin Hyatt(14)

TE: Engram(7)

D/ST: Saints(13)

K: Jason Sanders (15)

I punted on RB in this draft, I was planning to get one in the 3rd but when Kupp fell to me I had to take him (I think he is worth the injury risk there).

Tell me my team isnt as trash as I think it is. (I had the 10th pick on the wheel and was lucky to even get Barkley.

My notes:

• Nobody wants me to have Chubb, picked at #9 before me over Saquon. Me sad.
  • At #11 I went with Garrett Wilson over Ceedee Lamb. Could be stupid, could be genius. This was one pick where I followed my gut after looking at that Jets WR room + Rodgers over following the draft rankings board.
  • I hate Lawrence, IDK why I even picked him considering I got Geno in the 2nd to last round.
  • Completely punted TE and picked up Kincaid/Okonkwo late instead of spending a top 7 round pick on a guy like Evan Engram who was sittitng there for me to take at one point. I just dont think there is going to be that big of a discrepancy at the end of the year in points scored by the TE6 compared to TE11 which hopefully one of these idiots can work themselves into being.
  • Didnt love the Pierce pick in the 4th round so much that I had to come back and take insurance with Sanders at the next pick. There was such a massive dropoff after Pierce that if I didnt take him, I would have been hurting at RB2-3. That pick was essentially made for me with the way the board was.
  • As much as Im not sold on my starters, I love the WR/RB depth I was able to snag.

.5 PPR

• QB- Trevor Lawrence
  • RB- Saquon Barkley, Damion Pierce
  • WR-Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle
  • TE- Dalton Kincaid
  • FLX- Miles Sanders
  • BN- George Pickens, Courtland Sutton, Jahan Dotson, D'Andre Swift, De'Von Achane, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Geno Smith
Edited by AkronsWitness

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Viking said:

I agree that your team is balanced, I don't love it but I don't hate it. Your QB situation scares me, 2 QBs who have produced in the past but last year they both struggled moving to new situations and haven't proven that they can get back to what they were. Your RB situation is good given that you only need to start 1 RB. I like your receivers and they are definitely the strength of your team. I'll never understand drafting 2 defenses, I'd rather use the other pick on a late round flyer hoping they have a breakout season.

This league requires a full roster before bench players are drafted. 2 QB, 3RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2PK, 2 DEF. We also draw a new order after every up and down of a snake. It’s quite tricky to assemble a team when you’re not sure where that next pick will actually be in the order. 

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

THE FORMAT (SUPERFLEX)

12 TEAM, 0.5 PPR

THE DRAFT (first pick): 

THE SQUAD:

QB - Mahomes

WR - Kupp

WR - Wilson

RB - Dobbins

RB - Montgomery

TE - Kittle

FLEX - Pickens/Burks

SUPERFLEX - G. Smith

DEF - Pittsburgh

BENCH - Penny

BENCH - Elliot

BENCH - Mckinnon

BENCH - Hodgins

BENCH - Kmet

BENCH - Ridder

I don't really like the Kittle and Dobbins picks.  I've mentioned before that TE after Kelce isn't worth spending an early pick on.  Kittle probably should be TE2 because of his consistency but a lot of mouths to feed there.  Kelce is the only TE who gives consistent production, the rest have a couple big weeks and a bunch of duds.  Guys like Kmet and Okonkwo later are better use of resources IMO.

Dobbins I am down on until he proves it.  Injuries, the system, other backs, his holdout etc just make me nervous.  I have guys like Rachaad White, James Cook, and I would have taken Breece Hall or Stevenson over him at that point.  I probably would have gone for QB2 depending on who was available there before forcing a position.  

Kupp I love the value there but it is risky since he is having major hammy issues and those linger.  The fact he is seeking external opinions on it make me even more nervous but I get you can't pass him up there.  

I think you have a solid team but I feel like there are more reaches here than there are value picks.  

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

12 team, full PPR, 5 point passing TD, superflex

Format: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex, 1 Superflex 

QB: Prescott | Tua | Howell

RB: Akers | Warren | Edwards

RB: Herbert | CEH

WR: Diggs | M. Evans | Burks

WR: Hill | Dotson | Jameo | M. Mims

TE: Waller

I hate the RB's but thats expected when you have two solid QBs in a super flex and Hill and Diggs.  I don't mind the starters at RB but would have grabbed Roschon Johnson over Edwards and CEH is a waste of a roster spot IMO.  I like Dotson and Evans as flex plays but whoever is in your third flex spot is super suspect.  However most teams are probably facing the same thing.  I also like Howell as a late upside pick for Super flex leagues. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I hate the RB's but thats expected when you have two solid QBs in a super flex and Hill and Diggs.  I don't mind the starters at RB but would have grabbed Roschon Johnson over Edwards and CEH is a waste of a roster spot IMO.  I like Dotson and Evans as flex plays but whoever is in your third flex spot is super suspect.  However most teams are probably facing the same thing.  I also like Howell as a late upside pick for Super flex leagues. 

Yeah this is my most competitive league, basically no one was happy with their teams after how the draft board fell. I'm probably going to drop CEH for Roschon Johnson. I actually like Edwards as a handcuff back this year.

I need one of Burks, Mims, and/or Jameo to breakout for my third flex spot and I should be in a solid spot. Especially if Waller balls this year and Dotson breaks out. 

• Like 1

12 team superflex, .5 PPR.  I had the #4 pick

QB: Mahomes
QB: Wilson
RB: Pollard
RB: Mattison
WR: St. Brown
WR: Kupp
WR: Aiyuk
TE: Higbee
Flex: Godwin

BN: Tannehill
BN: Flowers
BN: Mostert
BN: Doubs
BN: Chandler
BN: Vaughn

Obviously very little depth at RB but overall I'm pretty happy.  Kupp is worrisome but at the end of round 4 I had to take him.  

17 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

12 team superflex, .5 PPR.  I had the #4 pick

QB: Mahomes
QB: Wilson
RB: Pollard
RB: Mattison
WR: St. Brown
WR: Kupp
WR: Aiyuk
TE: Higbee
Flex: Godwin

BN: Tannehill
BN: Flowers
BN: Mostert
BN: Doubs
BN: Chandler
BN: Vaughn

Obviously very little depth at RB but overall I'm pretty happy.  Kupp is worrisome but at the end of round 4 I had to take him.  

I like this team quite a bit.  I get taking a chance on Kupp and it could really pay off.  I think your best bet would be that he sits for 6 weeks or so to get healthy and then comes back and dominates.  That would make it tough early on but I think Mostert would be a solid flex for now until Kupp gets back. Or at least week one until you see how Doubs, Chandler, Vaughn and Flowers look and are utilized.  But I do like having Mahomes in a SF, especially getting him at 4, and I think Wilson is due for a bounce back with Payton running the show. Pollard IMO will be a top 5 RB.  I also really like ARSB and think he explodes this year.  Getting Mahomes, ARSB, Pollard and Kupp in a SF is a very solid draft and a lot of value for each of them. 

• Like 1

So I'm in 2 leagues.  One work free league with 12 teams.  One winner takes all money league with 10 teams. (2 teams got kicked out this year)

Both have the same roster and scoring.

QB, WR, WR, RB RB, TE, FLEX, KICKER, D/ST

PPR, 4 pt pass TD, 6 pt rush/receiving TD, 4 bonus points for 40 yard plays, 4 bonus points for 40 yard TDs, 4 bonus points for 300 yard passing, 4 bonus points for 100 yard rushing/receiving.

Free fun 12 team roster

Rodgers, Cousins

Hill, G. Wilson, DHop, Evans

Gibbs, Conner, Kamara, Perine, Zeke

Higbee, Mayer

Boz/Steelers

Winner takes all 10 team roster

Allen, Goff

Diggs, DJ Moore, Evans, Aiyuk, B Cooks

Barkley, Najee, Jav Williams, Herbert

Goedert, Dulcich

Sanders/Steelers

19 team league from work 😑

QBs - Stafford, Pickett, Purdy 

RBs - Josh Jacobs, James Cook, Brian Robinson, Jaylen Warren, Tank Bigsby

WRs - Waddle, Aiyuk, Addison, Jayden Reed

TE - Jake Ferguson…there was no one else left! 

Def - Jax 

K - Jason Sanders

Nothing is left in FA, it’s ridiculous (only K)! Run at qb and te was stupid! I’ve seen teams with 2-3 qbs; Fields and Allen on same team (wk 13 bye for both). 

Going to recommend 2 (10-12 team) leagues next year!