Patriots at Titans GDT

titans0021

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Not sure I understand the point of Tannehill starting if those were going to be the calls.

Considering the bit of mix and match of starters/non starters, I imagine Vrabel just let starters pick if they wanted to play or not. go through warm ups, run out, etc. Seen some players in the past say they like to do that in the preseason.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Considering the bit of mix and match of starters/non starters, I imagine Vrabel just let starters pick if they wanted to play or not. go through warm ups, run out, etc. Seen some players in the past say they like to do that in the preseason.

Yea. I believe it's just a mentality thing more than anything. Don't hate it.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I despise our red zone play calling with Willis.

Offensive play calling as a whole has been putrid this preseason. I feel like we've run the ball on every 2nd and long situation we've had just about. Hope thats just preseason conservativeness and not a sign of things to come, otherwise shoulda just kept Downing.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I despise our red zone play calling with Willis.

for my sanity i have to assume we're avoiding designed QB runs out of preseason caution. but it pretty much looks like it did all last year- the only time he gets to throw is 3rd and long, and it goes predictably poorly