Any cut players you like add here...

mwalker

Warning: not for the faint of heart

I would trade for Chase Young. At this time of the year, I'll always look at first rounders in the option year that either have been denied or are seemingly available. The CB market has been decimated with Henderson and Okudah being traded, not that I wanted either.

Chase Young has the injuries and is currently injured. He's had his fifth year option declined, so he's an UFA after the year. His natural abilities are so rare and if the price is right they'd be happy to recoup something of value in return.

Where does he fit? He fits with his hand in the dirt and you stand up Herbig and Highsmith as your "Will" and "Sam" linebackers. I'd flip the "terms" around bc that's how I see them fit and just have Highsmith bring heat from the weak side, bringing five every play. With press man CBs on the outside. Herbig is quick enough and physical enough to hang with the tight end or could learn middle. Herbig is a linebacker. And can play anywhere across the line.

The ideal trade would involve pick swaps and conditions, such as if he re-signs. 

If you wanted to bring a little more heat to the defense, at this time of year there's always a need to bring a little more juice, and with another fourth rounder, you can be bold and make that kind of move, or a frivolous Justin Gilbert depth move for CB. 

Chase Young for a 2nd Rd pick, because everyone would be willing to give up a third 

That would be a top 3 defense. Right now, you're kinda in the middle on both. Top 10 defense. Top 16 offense. And that's a Wildcard team.

One side must be more dominant, because what else are you relying on to win games. A third place schedule

11 hours ago, bionicsuperfreak said:

Warning: not for the faint of heart

I would trade for Chase Young. At this time of the year, I'll always look at first rounders in the option year that either have been denied or are seemingly available. The CB market has been decimated with Henderson and Okudah being traded, not that I wanted either.

Chase Young has the injuries and is currently injured. He's had his fifth year option declined, so he's an UFA after the year. His natural abilities are so rare and if the price is right they'd be happy to recoup something of value in return.

Where does he fit? He fits with his hand in the dirt and you stand up Herbig and Highsmith as your "Will" and "Sam" linebackers. I'd flip the "terms" around bc that's how I see them fit and just have Highsmith bring heat from the weak side, bringing five every play. With press man CBs on the outside. Herbig is quick enough and physical enough to hang with the tight end or could learn middle. Herbig is a linebacker. And can play anywhere across the line.

The ideal trade would involve pick swaps and conditions, such as if he re-signs. 

If you wanted to bring a little more heat to the defense, at this time of year there's always a need to bring a little more juice, and with another fourth rounder, you can be bold and make that kind of move, or a frivolous Justin Gilbert depth move for CB. 

Chase Young for a 2nd Rd pick, because everyone would be willing to give up a third 

That would be a top 3 defense. Right now, you're kinda in the middle on both. Top 10 defense. Top 16 offense. And that's a Wildcard team.

One side must be more dominant, because what else are you relying on to win games. A third place schedule

Yeah, lets trade a 2nd for an injury prone tweener who has no guaranteed fit on our defense.

There is a reason most teams wouldnt give more than a 3rd.   And if there is a team dumb enough to trade a 2nd, it wont be us.

Edited by 43M

I personally am happy with the roster and don’t feel the need to bring in any of the outside guys that were let go by other teams.

Desmond King sounds intriguing but he was obviously let go for a reason and I’m excited about what Elijah Riley can bring to the table. He gives me young Mike Hilton vibes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Andrew Vorhees was cut.  i would claim him and store him on IR

100%. Interesting that Baltimore didn’t keep him, IR him, then bring back someone else. Only reasoning here could be there’s someone else that’s going to land on IR who was more likely to get claimed. 

• Like 1