If Fox Stays

chisoxguy7

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Thought process was fine.

Player evaluation was beyond bad. 

No one said or thought that Glennon was going to come in here and play like a star and if you did then you are nuts.

Sure Pace gave him a lot of money for 1 year of mostly riding the bench but it got us Trubisky, who while he may be a work in progress, is certainly someone who gives this franchise some direction and hope moving forward. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

No one said or thought that Glennon was going to come in here and play like a star and if you did then you are nuts.

Sure Pace gave him a lot of money for 1 year of mostly riding the bench but it got us Trubisky, who while he may be a work in progress, is certainly someone who gives this franchise some direction and hope moving forward. 

No one thought Glennon would be a star.

He was an absolute train wreck. A complete waste of resources.

Glennon had nothing to do with Trubisky, in fact he probably had a net negative influence on his development.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

No one thought Glennon would be a star.

He was an absolute train wreck. A complete waste of resources.

Glennon had nothing to do with Trubisky, in fact he probably had a net negative influence on his development.

I disagree.  Signing Glennon at that money, for as bad as he is, may have thrown some other teams off in thinking that the Bears would be targeting a QB with their 1st round pick in last year's draft.  

Did you not hear John Lynch after the Bears traded up with them to take Mitch?  He didn't see that one coming from Chicago because at no point in the process did the Bears indicate they were interested in a QB.  He thought they were trading up for Solomon Thomas.

36 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I disagree.  Signing Glennon at that money, for as bad as he is, may have thrown some other teams off in thinking that the Bears would be targeting a QB with their 1st round pick in last year's draft.  

Did you not hear John Lynch after the Bears traded up with them to take Mitch?  He didn't see that one coming from Chicago because at no point in the process did the Bears indicate they were interested in a QB.  He thought they were trading up for Solomon Thomas.

I still think it was a brilliant trade. When you assign names to the picks we gave up, you literally don’t care about the picks. It’s like giving up some combo of Garrett Wolfe, brandin Hardin, and Evan Rodriguez.

if that’s YOUR GUY, go get him. We left the Browns with their pants at their ankles, they had no plan B, and panicked and picked Kizer. They could have had Watson, even.

13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot respect an evaluation that was that bad.

The idea was sound, the player evaluation was all time shockingly bad.

The Texans also gave Brock Osweiler a massive contract and then hit on Deshaun Watson. I think evaluating the QB position is very tough and he took 2 shots with Mitch and Mike I can respect that. 

But to your greater point ALL his FA signings this year have been terrible that is the problem. 

20 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

The Texans also gave Brock Osweiler a massive contract and then hit on Deshaun Watson. I think evaluating the QB position is very tough and he took 2 shots with Mitch and Mike I can respect that. 

But to your greater point ALL his FA signings this year have been terrible that is the problem. 

EXACTLY. You take two bites at the apple, I can't fault him for trying. It's not like some stud was sitting out there. Everyone was either old, tried-and-failed, or just bad. With Glennon you at least had the hope that he progressed on the bench. Clearly, he didn't.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

EXACTLY. You take two bites at the apple, I can't fault him for trying. It's not like some stud was sitting out there. Everyone was either old, tried-and-failed, or just bad. With Glennon you at least had the hope that he progressed on the bench. Clearly, he didn't.

If there is any argument against Glennon, it is how much more we offered compared to (reportedly) other teams.

4 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If there is any argument against Glennon, it is how much more we offered compared to (reportedly) other teams.

I think we bid against ourselves, which was stupid. Pace probably played it poorly and expressed how much he wanted him. Kudos to Glennon's agent.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

If Fox stays, realistically, how many of you would stop watching?  I'd like to think I would, but kind of doubt it.  The last time I heard about an NFL boycott it didn't seem to change viewing numbers much, but Fox is far more offensive. 

If I did, I bet my yard would look fantastic. 

If Fox stays I won’t watch the Bears, I’ll just find other stuff to do. I know it won’t change anything but at least I won’t be constantly disappointed. 

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Guys, let's think about this though. We agree with Pace being aggressive for Tru, but hate him for being aggressive for MG8. Who cares how much we are paying him this year, we have the cap space, and it's not like signing him preventing us from signing anyone else, and we can get out of the contract next year, so it doesn't affect us next year either.

if you're gonna hate pace for glennon, hate the evail, not the money

Just now, HuskieBear said:

Guys, let's think about this though. We agree with Pace being aggressive for Tru, but hate him for being aggressive for MG8. Who cares how much we are paying him this year, we have the cap space, and it's not like signing him preventing us from signing anyone else, and we can get out of the contract next year, so it doesn't affect us next year either.

if you're gonna hate pace for glennon, hate the evail, not the money

I don't hate the money, I hate the money, by comparison

Yeah, but at the end of the day signing Glennon did NOTHING to keep us from signing anyone else. Frankly I'm glad the McCaskeys flushed some money away with no return, consider it a fine for being bad. Biggest waste was the Trubisky reps; if we had kept Cutler or just made Trubisky the 1, then he would probably be ahead of where he is now and so would the team. 

22 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Yeah, but at the end of the day signing Glennon did NOTHING to keep us from signing anyone else. Frankly I'm glad the McCaskeys flushed some money away with no return, consider it a fine for being bad. Biggest waste was the Trubisky reps; if we had kept Cutler or just made Trubisky the 1, then he would probably be ahead of where he is now and so would the team. 

The reality is Mitch is and was not ready for a year 1 start. 

Archived