Who Gets #1 Seed in NFC?

footbull3196

Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?

• Philadelphia (10-2)
    • Minnesota (10-2)
    • New Orleans (9-3)
    • LA Rams (9-3)
    • Seattle (8-4)

6 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Hey! ET! Hey ET! What was that you were saying? You’re right; the Patriots are a different team in December. They haven’t gone 0fer on 3rd down in almost 30 years!

...you know, bolding my name does nothing. You can tag my name and get better results.

The more you know, @fretgod99.

IF you look into it.. The Giants are bad and so are the Raiders. Eagles could very well win 2 of the next 3 and secure the 1st seed. The Vikings face an over looked Bengals team next week, an under rated Chicago defense the week after and possibly Aaron Rodgers for the final game. 

I think most feel that the Eagles get the #1 seed in the NFC, how much it actually helps them after the Wentz injury no one can really predict as of right now.  There are several teams that are built in a manner where going into Philly won't be a huge issue as their running games can bolster their offense to come out with a win, the question comes if the Eagles can do the same.

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

IF you look into it.. The Giants are bad and so are the Raiders. Eagles could very well win 2 of the next 3 and secure the 1st seed. The Vikings face an over looked Bengals team next week, an under rated Chicago defense the week after and possibly Aaron Rodgers for the final game. 

Oh but the Bengals and Bears aren't bad. Glad I looked into it.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

I think most feel that the Eagles get the #1 seed in the NFC, how much it actually helps them after the Wentz injury no one can really predict as of right now.  There are several teams that are built in a manner where going into Philly won't be a huge issue as their running games can bolster their offense to come out with a win, the question comes if the Eagles can do the same.

Somehow, the Eagles #1 rush defense gives up 17 less rush yards per game than the Minny defense, who is #2. 

Eagles are 6-0 at home, and somehow giving up 15.1 ppg at the Linc.

Foles gets passed over as a "has been" in a team game, yet Keenum is praised. 

Sure, the Eagles could get the #1 seed and Minny the #2 seed. Then a team in the 3rd-6th spot ends up as the NFC rep in Super Bowl. Maybe that's the most likely scenario, maybe not.

But going into Philly will not be easy IMO. 

18 minutes ago, 808 said:

Somehow, the Eagles #1 rush defense gives up 17 less rush yards per game than the Minny defense, who is #2. 

Eagles are 6-0 at home, and somehow giving up 15.1 ppg at the Linc.

Foles gets passed over as a "has been" in a team game, yet Keenum is praised. 

Sure, the Eagles could get the #1 seed and Minny the #2 seed. Then a team in the 3rd-6th spot ends up as the NFC rep in Super Bowl. Maybe that's the most likely scenario, maybe not.

But going into Philly will not be easy IMO. 

I think Keenum has done a good job, def a good stopgap QB, but not a true contender for franchise QB, I think the same of Foles, when Foles is playing well at least.  Problem is last we saw of Foles as poor play.  Also aren't the Eagles typically well ahead of their opponents in every game?  That typically means that teams are less prone to run the ball, I find YPC given up to be much better indicator, which Philly is among the best with only 3.7 ypc, though they are also the least run on team in the league by around 2.7 carries per game than the next closest, Carolina, and nearly 6.7 less carriers per game over the league average.  With Foles, I think their ability to jump out to leads and force teams to pass the ball will be limited, not to mention playoff football in Philly isn't really conducive to passing anyways.  The injury to Wentz and the need to go to Foles might actually be a blessing for Philly.  This will force them to try to focus more on their running game, giving them 3 games to start relying on their run game even more and make sure it will be hold up when teams aren't needing to worry as much about the passing game.

Going into Philly will definitely not be easy, that will never change, but teams like New Orleans, L.A. Rams, Carolina, and the Falcons, all have strong running games that they can lean on to try and control the pace of the game in a possibly bad weather game and come out on top.  With Wentz even in poor weather I think he can make enough plays with his arm to make it difficult on opponents, I just don't trust Foles to do so.  Also with the Vikings having a dome, it would actually benefit Philly IMO to go on the road to Minnesota for the game as it allows Foles play in a controlled weather environment so he can manage enough of teh game to let the rest of the Eagles roster lead them to a victory.

Jeff Fisher had a lot to do with ruining Foles' image around the league. Just ask Keenum and Goff about that. He was actually decent in spot duty for KC last season.

Eagles formula for success will be run the ball and lean on defense. Sure they won't have an MVP/HOF type QB like Brees/Cam/Ryan and possibly Wilson/Rodgers, so that could be their downfall. But we brought Nick Foles in for scenarios like this, he may surprise a few people. 

Archived