Who Gets #1 Seed in NFC?

footbull3196

Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?

• Philadelphia (10-2)
    • Minnesota (10-2)
    • New Orleans (9-3)
    • LA Rams (9-3)
    • Seattle (8-4)

The Eagles will be the one seed in the NFC. The only way we make any noise in the playoffs is if the defense steps up massively and gets completely healthy. There is a formula to success with Foles at QB, run the ball efficiently and often and don't turn it over while we let the defense carry the load. Will that work in the playoffs vs other very good teams? Probably not, but it is possible.

Personally, I don't think this team is going anywhere. MAYBE a divisional round win if we get a good matchup like Carolina or Minnesota(Yes, I think we matchup well vs Minnesota), but I don't see us beating a teams like LA or NO at any point. If every single star aligns we might have a chance to squeeze out a win in the NFC Championship game just to get killed by Brady in the SB. 

Who knows though, it is football, anything can happen. The Giants won two SBs with Eli and the Ravens won with Joe Flacco. Anything can happen.

44 minutes ago, 808 said:

Thanks goodness it's a team game. Fact remain that Foles came in and got the lead against a playoff team. Then the defense finished the job. Sounds like Minny's gameplan. 

Keenum is given the benefit of the doubt because of his defense. Foles will apparently get no love for the rest of the team being solid. If the Eagles are to do anything moving forward, it will be ugly in looks. 

But we'll see how it goes. Nothing personal jrry32

I actually don't give Keenum the BOTD, but Keenum has earned that with his play. The defense is just another factor why. Truth is that Keenum was a better QB with us than Foles.

Fact remains that the Rams scored 35 that day. You're not beating a team like the Rams or Saints with Foles if you give up more than 24 points.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I actually don't give Keenum the BOTD, but Keenum has earned that with his play. The defense is just another factor why. Truth is that Keenum was a better QB with us than Foles.

Fact remains that the Rams scored 35 that day. You're not beating a team like the Rams or Saints with Foles if you give up more than 24 points.

Ha moved on to foles now? 

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Hot take of the day #2 - None of this matters. None of these teams can beat New England (unless Brady suffers a significant/season ending injury). A 75% Brady with his defense and his targets run through the top 5 in the NFC.

Not saying we would beat them if it came down to it, but the Panthers beat the Patriots this season already.  Not sure how that = a 75% Brady running through us.  

1 hour ago, fretgod99 said:

Carolina. Super easy. All that needs to happen is go 3-0, Saints go 2-1, Vikes go 2-1, and Eagles go 0fer.

#1 seed and Superb Owl locked up.

Better chance Carolina losses 3 straight then the Eagles playing against the Giants, Raiders and Cowboys left.

Nice try though

23 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Not saying we would beat them if it came down to it, but the Panthers beat the Patriots this season already.  Not sure how that = a 75% Brady running through us.  

Since then, what have they done? Completely tightened up their defense, developed a run game that is proficient no matter which of the four guys is in the lineup, got Brady and Cooks on the same page and have won 8 in a row.

Beating the Patriots in October is a nice narrative, but worthless when you look at it long term. From December to February, they're a different team - and have been like this for the better part of a decade.

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Better chance Carolina losses 3 straight then the Eagles playing against the Giants, Raiders and Cowboys left.

Nice try though

Nah man, it’s done. I already said they had it locked up. That’s how these things work. I called dibs.

4 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I didn't say the Vikings don't have a good team or good defense, but everybody wants to crown them the #1 seed and they have just as many question marks as the Eagles. 

The Eagles have a very good balance team. We can run the ball on anybody, and we can stop the run. We have a chance just like any other team in the NFC.

Fair enough. I'd say the Eagles have a soundly better O-Line than Minnesota. But with Wentz out I'd favor the Vikings passing attack. I unfortunately don't think we'll get the matchup this season.

26 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Since then, what have they done? Completely tightened up their defense, developed a run game that is proficient no matter which of the four guys is in the lineup, got Brady and Cooks on the same page and have won 8 in a row.

Beating the Patriots in October is a nice narrative, but worthless when you look at it long term. From December to February, they're a different team - and have been like this for the better part of a decade.

You make it seem like the Patriots are some unstoppable team that has won the Super Bowl each year for the last decade.  They can and have been beaten.  

They will be a tough out, but it can be done.  You are underrating the teams in the NFC if you think all it will take is a 75% Brady to get the job done.

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Sage Rosenfels✔@SageRosenfels18

Nick Foles and Eagles have #1 seed
Case Keenum and Vikings have #2 seed
Jared Goff and Rams have #3 seed 

All were quarterbacks under Jeff Fisher during the previous 3 seasons.

Browns should have hired him to be GM lol.

7 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Hey! ET! Hey ET! What was that you were saying? You’re right; the Patriots are a different team in December. They haven’t gone 0fer on 3rd down in almost 30 years!

Archived