Week 1 GDT: Raiders at Broncos | Raider Nation, Let's Ride!

NYRaider

Who wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Week 1 Dubbbbs

• Raiders
    • Broncos

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

We just wont get enough drives on O. Teams eat up so much clock against us, same as last year. 
The D tires themselves out cause they can’t get off the fn field. 

As much as the forum zeroed in on certain ... things, this is the biggest reason we blew games last year. We didn't have enough drives. Straight up.

• Like 6

This is what I was worried about with Jimmy. He won't make anything happen, can't win you games....he just wins the offense and looks bland. Sometimes it works, but when you need a spark, I don't think he can provide it. Second half should be interesting, let's see if Jacobs or Adams can do something 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

The biggest change this season is that everyone will be united about the state of the defense. A QB change is not going to change that. Jimmy looks really good and we are still losing.

A worry, is what will happen when jimmy starts trying to push the ball down field more, in trying to keep up and score? 
Possibly he scores more, but also possible his comp % drops, ints go up etc etc. 
playing qb with a great D just completely different game, then when you cannot trust a D to make a stop

• Like 2

My biggest take away is how slow Tyree Wilson looked. Hopefully still getting back into form but that really stood out to me. The defense is so bad, whenever they make a play it's a penalty, not really much has changed from last year with the defense. Jimmy looked in control but we are a limited team with how bad the defense is.   

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This is what I was worried about with Jimmy. He won't make anything happen, can't win you games....he just wins the offense and looks bland. Sometimes it works, but when you need a spark, I don't think he can provide it. Second half should be interesting, let's see if Jacobs or Adams can do something 

Wtf is this, you’ve watched the first half and come up with blaming the … offense ??  

Edited by Dessie

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

A worry, is what will happen when jimmy starts trying to push the ball down field more, in trying to keep up and score? 
Possibly he scores more, but also possible his comp % drops, ints go up etc etc. 
playing qb with a great D just completely different game, then when you cannot trust a D to make a stop

Not even great. Just good. If we have some give and take, like turnovers, 3 and outs to go along with points given up, it's more acceptable. 

1 minute ago, Raiderlife24 said:

My biggest take away is how slow Tyree Wilson looked. Hopefully still getting back into form but that really stood out to me. The defense is so bad, whenever they make a play it's a penalty, not really much has changed from last year with the defense. Jimmy looked in control but we are a limited team with how bad the defense is.  

I don't know if he's truly just incredible slow, or he doesn't have the mental side to anticipate/react. It looks like everyone else is shooting off the line but he takes a second to see where the play is going before taking a step forwards.

It's so odd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

What will happen is what has happened the last few years- more turnovers, fewer wins, people will demand a QB change and want to trade up for a QB, rinse, wash, repeat because QB play isn't the root problem.

• Like 1