The Week 1 Gameday Thread: 'Ders vs. Cards, 1 PM, FOX - GIF THEME SPONGEBOB

MikeT14

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

We have 4 new starters this year. How is that not addressing the oline? 

Come on man. You're a smart poster, one of the best forum. This isn't acceptable. Two of the “new” starters were back ups for us last year & Gates didn't even play last year bc of injury while Wylie is a been awful.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, MKnight82 said:

We have 4 new starters this year. How is that not addressing the oline? 

Because the new starters were bad starters to begin with. I’ve posted those new starters PFF numbers multiple times. Wylie and Gates were replacement level players. They aren’t starters. Charles and Cosmi have both been bad players here. They didn’t fix anything. They shuffled deck chairs. 

• Like 1

Just now, taylor made said:

Yes we don't have have an all star O-line but some of these sacks are on Howell. He's holding the ball too long and they aren't scared of him going deep - which he hasn't

On Howell? Wylie is literally getting beat immediately. Like off the snap every play. Gates just blocked nobody. Charles got trucked. Put Brissett in there if you think this isn’t an OL problem and see how it goes. 

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How many TEs were picked in round 1? I'll wait.

From what I remember Logan had the one bad drop but they do have 3 receptions in 1 half (2 for Logan & 1 for Turner) and Logan had one 15 yard reception called back on a bad penalty called.

Of the top of my head it was either one or two. I think Mayer slipped out of the first. Kincaid was definitely picked in the first.

Logan drop his first two targets. Bates is nothing more than a blocker, I know the penalty shouldn't have been called. Cole Turner has looked ok.

They should have gone either TE/OL or OL/TE in round 1 and 2 of the draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

Every year I say in changing team but then I get hopes with some qb and that disappoints

alex smith blows

fitzmatic blows

TH loved him but he wasn’t going anywhrre

Howell turn over machine 

Alex was 11-5 as our starting QB over the 1st 10 games of 2018 & the 2020 season. I wish our other QBS could do that.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Of the top of my head it was either one or two. I think Mayer slipped out of the first. Kincaid was definitely picked in the first.

Logan drop his first two targets. Bates is nothing more than a blocker, I know the penalty shouldn't have been called. Cole Turner has looked ok.

They should have gone either TE/OL or OL/TE in round 1 and 2 of the draft.

Logan dropped 1 pass. The other was a pass break up.

Only TE drafted in R1 was Kincaid and I'm not sure how much better Kincaid, Laportp, Mayer etc are than Turner.