Vikings, Hockenson agree to extension (4 years, $68.5M)

Forge

38 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He's going to continue to be the #2 receiving option for Minnesota. He's also still young and can block. I think this is a good extension. It was obvious he was in their long term plans given what they gave up for him at the deadline last year.

Hock’s actually a pretty subpar blocker, tbh. I guess better than you’d expect out of Kelce/Waller/Andrews? Not like a Goedert, though.

13 minutes ago, Soko said:

Hock’s actually a pretty subpar blocker, tbh. I guess better than you’d expect out of Kelce/Waller/Andrews? Not like a Goedert, though.

iirc according to pff Hockenson is an able zone run blocker however a poor power run blocker.

Interesting move....

But is he better than Kelce, Kittle or Andrews?  I would say no, and when healthy Kyle Pitts is better than he is as well.  As a complete TE could argue Dallas Goedert is better than him as well because he is a hell of a blocker.

So that would be possibly 5 TEs better than him and he being the highest paid currently.  Great for him to have that career year last season that is for sure, now we will see if he can keep it up.  They got a lot of help at TE around him with Oliver the best blocking TE in the league arguably and Muse who had a great preseason and Mundt who is solid.  They do not have any real physical WR but Hockenson makes up for that along with the other TEs potentially.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Interesting move....

But is he better than Kelce, Kittle or Andrews?  I would say no, and when healthy Kyle Pitts is better than he is as well.  As a complete TE could argue Dallas Goedert is better than him as well because he is a hell of a blocker.

So that would be possibly 5 TEs better than him and he being the highest paid currently.  Great for him to have that career year last season that is for sure, now we will see if he can keep it up.  They got a lot of help at TE around him with Oliver the best blocking TE in the league arguably and Muse who had a great preseason and Mundt who is solid.  They do not have any real physical WR but Hockenson makes up for that along with the other TEs potentially.

Pitts was a better college TE than Hockenson?

Because he certainly isn't a better NFL TE than Hockenson.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I remember JJ putting up numbers at home the last 2 years against Green Bay, and then doing nothing in Lambeau.

Since we split every year, this isn't the worst thing to happen lol

JJ put up large numbers against GB when the idiotic DC decided to play zone only.

It wasn't until mid year last year, or a little later, when he started letting JA play man on man against the other team's #1.

I was holding my breath on that one, but JA locked down JJ big time.  I hope we see more of that 1:1 matchup for years to come.  It's fun watching two of the NFL's best square off against each other twice a year.  And make no mistake, those two I referenced are elite at their positions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Cool meme.  Say it enough and maybe it becomes trues. 

Or...

Alexander was in primary coverage on Jefferson in 12 snaps in Week 1. The wideout earned zero targets on those plays, per Next Gen Stats.

cool meme

Kinda ironic isnt it?

24 minutes ago, viking said:

Pitts was a better college TE than Hockenson?

Because he certainly isn't a better NFL TE than Hockenson.

Not so sure about that, he is only going on his 3rd year and last year he was hurt and or had some pretty crap QB play honestly.  Might be the case again this year but who knows, with Matt Ryan as a rookie he ripped it up.

Hockenson has had Matt Stafford and Jared Goff that half year then Kirk Cousins.  Think Kyle Pitts would not be better playing with those QBs?  Yeah he would.  And that year he had over 1000 yards receiving, that team had no real weapons outside of him and maybe Calvin Ridley and Ridley only played 5 games.