2024 Draft Prospects Thread

beardown3231

26 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’m hoping to get some actual in season scouting done. I’ve been very limited in the past having to rely on ****** streams 

When I'm sailing the high seas I don't usually have quality issues, it's usually all HD. If you want to avoid these sites, definitely don't type the three letter abbreviation for the organization Roger Goodell is commissioner of, and definitely don't then type what it would be called if a dog were to chomp on your arm that rhymes with sight and then DEFINITELY do not type a dot followed by the most common three letter web domain suffix that rhymes with mom, and definitely do not press enter on your keyboard afterwards

Edited by chisoxguy7
  • Like 3

With our first 1st round pick I love Brock Bowers. I'd take him in the top-10 as of right now. He's my target considering our depth at WR and that Harrison Jr. may be out of reach in the top-5.

Hopefully the roster can develop and we don't create more immediate needs or suffer any significant injuries. If both our starting tackles can stay healthy and turn in good seasons we are in a great spot regardless of what happens to Teven Jenkins.

With our second 1st round pick I'm looking for DE's, CB's (depending on Jaylon Johnson extension and Stevenson preformance) really any position besides RB/QB/OT

later rounds - developmental MLB,FS,C/G

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I forgot entirely about Bowers.... TE is a sneaky need for us as well.  Harrison and Bowers or best OL/DL/EDGE I'd be thrilled with.

With how much they just paid Kmet, I doubt Poles would use a top 15 pick on TE. I suppose you never know though.

22 hours ago, Epyon said:

Assuming we don't need to go qb. 

The Ohio state wr and then either the best OL or best pass rusher should be where we look first. 

Really hope fields or Bagent can be the guy under center

Precisely. If Fields is the guy, the Bears are in a great spot. If not, both 1's are going to have to go for a trade up for QB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Precisely. If Fields is the guy, the Bears are in a great spot. If not, both 1's are going to have to go for a trade up for QB

There is a very real possibility that Fields shows legit progress in 2023 but isn’t at a superstar level, he gets his 5th year option picked up but doesn’t yet earn a mega contract, and is still the QB in 2024 without being fully established as our QB for the next several years. Everyone seems to want to say that he’s either a star or he’s **** after this year and the decision is crystal clear one way or the other; however there’s a lot of room in between the two and realistically two more years (maybe three) before the long term decision on Fields has to be made. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

With how much they just paid Kmet, I doubt Poles would use a top 15 pick on TE. I suppose you never know though.

A white receiving TE is just a bulky slot receiver anyway. He would be actually having his hand in the dirt maybe 20% of his snaps.  

That being said I'd have zero issues putting a top 15 pick on him. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

This is where I think Poles did a masterful job. Even with a suspect OL there is plenty of speed that Field should be able to make something happen. And as much as I am a supporter of Fields he still has to prove he can be more than a part-time stud. He looked great against a handful of playoff caliber defenses last year, hopefully he gets more consistent and raises the floor to his bad games. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

There is a very real possibility that Fields shows legit progress in 2023 but isn’t at a superstar level, he gets his 5th year option picked up but doesn’t yet earn a mega contract, and is still the QB in 2024 without being fully established as our QB for the next several years. Everyone seems to want to say that he’s either a star or he’s **** after this year and the decision is crystal clear one way or the other; however there’s a lot of room in between the two and realistically two more years (maybe three) before the long term decision on Fields has to be made. 

I don't disagree, but I'm trying to think like Poles. Does he get HIS guy knowing he may never have the same resources again? I remember Pace saying he took Trubisky because he hopes to never pick top 3 again. Or, does he make a play for a vet QB (Prescott, Garoppolo, Murray) if those teams move on while loading up and keeping those two 1's? It'll be interesting. My opinion is he won't  go into 2024 or 2025 with Fields if Fields is *just* decent

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't disagree, but I'm trying to think like Poles. Does he get HIS guy knowing he may never have the same resources again? I remember Pace saying he took Trubisky because he hopes to never pick top 3 again. Or, does he make a play for a vet QB (Prescott, Garoppolo, Murray) if those teams move on while loading up and keeping those two 1's? It'll be interesting. My opinion is he won't  go into 2024 or 2025 with Fields if Fields is *just* decent

Putting my poles hat on as well, it would be stunning if they went with a vet QB. Everything the bears have done seems deliberate and following a plan built around the draft and not tying up money. Even if they had a loaded roster I'd bet they keep drafting QBs until they find one. 

Honestly my feeling right now is that we might not see fields develop into what we're hoping he is. I think the player he is would need a stellar OL to be a very good passer and we sure don't have that. 

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
Rosen around?

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

My opinion is he won't  go into 2024 or 2025 with Fields if Fields is *just* decent

I don’t disagree with this, but he’s already at the level of “just decent” IMO, so for me for him to finish this year there too would mean no improvement at all. Him as an average passer on top of his run tool would put him well above average to me. That would make him one of the more dangerous QBs in all of the league.

I think with how many looks Kmet got despite ultimately being a pretty average TE (with flashes, like that 1 hander), Bowers could be a pretty good pick. You know lions fans would snicker if we took a TE top 15. And they might snicker less as we beat them 34-13 a couple times with him