2024 Draft Prospects Thread

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Drake Maye just threw the most inaccurate 70 yard touchdown I’ve ever seen 

Next pass is a horrible sideline pass that would’ve been way overthrowing a player that can’t make a Herculean effort on it. Both bad passes were completed due to the receivers making freak catches. NC’s freshman WR might be a name to watch for in a few years. 

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Next pass is a horrible sideline pass that would’ve been way overthrowing a player that can’t make a Herculean effort on it. Both bad passes were completed due to the receivers making freak catches. NC’s freshman WR might be a name to watch for in a few years. 

And he fumble turnovered a qb sneak. Does he just suck when I watch him 

23 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Having a look at the franchises who could be picking really early in this draft and I struggle massively looking past the Raiders as eventually coming away with the #1 Overall Pick...

Adams, Crosby, Jacobs

The rest of that roster is barren right now.

Any top tier three techniques in this class? I haven't even started sniffing around the draft yet.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

Any top tier three techniques in this class? I haven't even started sniffing around the draft yet.

Jer'Zhan Netwon at Illinois is the best guy in the class but will probably measure in about 6-1" 290lbs and unless you are the 2nd coming of Donald that just isn't cutting it as a top 10 pick IMO...I like him but where he is being projected right now is way too rich...

Michael Hall at Ohio State is a very similar type of prospect but again around that 6-0" - 6-1" range and under 300lbs...

Maason Smith at LSU is probably more the type of DL we would be looking for at 6-6" 315lbs...still working his way back from injury last year but he has a ton of upside...

Hopefully Dexter can continue to play like he did against Washington and make this need significantly smaller.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Hopefully Dexter can continue to play like he did against Washington and make this need significantly smaller

Dude plays with next-to-no technique, I hope he can get that figured out quick because he is a specimen.

On 10/7/2023 at 8:42 AM, Madmike90 said:

Having a look at the franchises who could be picking really early in this draft and I struggle massively looking past the Raiders as eventually coming away with the #1 Overall Pick...

Adams, Crosby, Jacobs

The rest of that roster is barren right now.

On 10/7/2023 at 8:46 AM, beardown3231 said:

You're right in that Vegas' roster stinks, but now do Carolina's roster. I think it'll be a race for the #1 pick between the two teams.

Maybe we didn't give enough disrespect to New England

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Jer'Zhan Netwon at Illinois is the best guy in the class but will probably measure in about 6-1" 290lbs and unless you are the 2nd coming of Donald that just isn't cutting it as a top 10 pick IMO...I like him but where he is being projected right now is way too rich...

The flip side, is that Newton grades out better than even Jalen Carter did as a pass rusher. For my money, he's the only defensive player really on my board right now..... Else I'm taking one of the QBS, MHJ-WR, Fashanu-LT, Bowers-TE, or Alt-LT if we get bumped down too far.

Round 2 at this point, I'm looking at Van Pran-OC or Frazier-OC    Been seeing some places list Frazier above Van Pran  recently....  He's a got a wrestling pedigree and apparently gorilla strength.

EDIT The big factor will really be how Free Agency goes for us... We have a truckload of cash again, I could totally see us lining up the Brinks truck for say Chase Young and Chris Jones.... then extend Billings and Jaylon Johnson. The defense would instantly become respectable, while the offense you rely more on draft picks.

Edited by Epyon

Jared Verse finally stepped up this weekend and looked like a top 15 pick...he has been good against the run all year but hasn't had those explosive rushes everyone expected...both his sacks against Va Tech were speed rushes round the outside where he showed the type of bend you need to go that high.

Another DE who really stood out to me was Ethan Downs at OU...only a junior but given the depth of this edge class he could come out...showed real physicality and power in his hands...at 6-4" 265lbs he fits the body type we want and has an excellent motor...he is a guy I want to see more of this season.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Jared Verse finally stepped up this weekend and looked like a top 15 pick...he has been good against the run all year but hasn't had those explosive rushes everyone expected...both his sacks against Va Tech were speed rushes round the outside where he showed the type of bend you need to go that high.

Another DE who really stood out to me was Ethan Downs at OU...only a junior but given the depth of this edge class he could come out...showed real physicality and power in his hands...at 6-4" 265lbs he fits the body type we want and has an excellent motor...he is a guy I want to see more of this season.

I think Verse has shown good pass rushing this year he just hasn't gotten the sacks, he has had good pressures though.